eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old March 1st, 2016, 09:15 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Ashdoc's hindi movie reviews

Himmatwala !!

I went to watch this film for 3 solid reasons---

1) Tamannaah

2) Tamannaah

3)Tamannaah.......

.......with the emphasis on the aah......

Yes , Tamannaah.....aah....

She with the milky white body.....

She with the luminous face lit like a million moons.....

She with the thousand watt smile....

She with the beautiful light eyes....

She with the silky brown mane of hair.....

She with the soft and tender skin.....

She with the slim waist and sumptuous belly......

She with the deep navel......

She with the delicious curves and delicate body......

Her first hindi film....

.......And even before it was launched she was already inhabiting the realm of my dreams.....

Not since Dia Mirza ( my fave ) and Aishwarya Rai has a woman caught my imagination like this one has......

So inspite of all the brickbats it was getting in reviews I was drawn to this film like a moth to a flame.....

Come hell or high water I was going to see this film....

And so I did.....

And I feasted my eyes on Tammannaah---with the emphasis on the aah , remember that.....

And I returned home a fulfilled man.....

What else do you want ?? The review of the film ??

Well it consists of the ugly Ajay Devgan who has come to his friend's hometown to save the town and his friend's mother and daughter from the evil clutches of Sher Singh ( played by Mahesh Manjrekar ) who had killed his friend's father.....

And he is one true himmatwala.....

Can beat several people at the same time with two huge metal bells hitting them in turn....

Can fight a beast of prey......

Can lift an entire bullock cart to attack his enemies......

And is protected by the mother goddess who sends her tiger to protect him at the same time Allah protects him with his taawiz.....

What else can one want to see.....??

Well , one wants to see some coherent storyline and good entertainment which is sadly lacking.....

The director doesn't know whether to make the film comedy or serious , acting by most actors is not great , Tamannaah's exposed thighs are fat ( but she is still my Tamannaah.....) and the item song is needlessly thrown in.....

The only good performance is some great acting by Paresh Rawal who gives some real laughs in his act as the brother in law of the evil Sher singh who marries Ajay Devgan's sister to his son in order to bring Devgan to heel.....

Rest of the film is all bullshit....

But I went home a satisfied man.....

For I had seen a movie containing the gorgeous Tamannaah.....

But you wont get such satisfaction from the film.....

.......For Tamannaah is only mine......

Verdict : mega-phaltu.....
Old March 7th, 2016, 07:38 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ashdoc's hindi movie reviews

^^ I had to watch a bit of original Himmatwala to undo this. It seems to be an extension of Sajid Khan's antics. particularly tat Railgadi song.
Old March 7th, 2016, 07:57 AM
Banned

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

Saajid khan does not understand the simplest thing,. that he was raised and grew up watching Jeetu bhai's movie and mania of those days and time,.... and he makes the movie of the same fashion that worked in 70-80s,... In many interviews I see, thathe and Farah both are living in 70-80s,...

and all new copies of those be it,... Amar akbar anthony, Himmatwaala, Zanzeer ( the new ones ) have failed terribly n' miserably..
'Coz those generation of people of that mind-sets are already set in the horizon,.. you can not jump into the same river twice,.. as the river has changed and there's always a new, up-coming flow of water,...
Whatever worked during those time, in 70-80s, was among-st the best stuff available, as per the mentality of the people and the tech. available during that time...

You can't just force-fit this generation, the 70-80's mentality and mindset of the movies,... 'Coz they watched such in million son TVs while growing up and mostly fast-forwarding all of them,.. most songs and boring slow story, and baqwaas force-fitted comedy,. But still he does the same attempt of feeding such, over and over with,...

Joker , tees maar khaan, himmat waala,.. and his many many flop-list goes unending,... and he still keeps on making the movies which would had worked during those times, when it was the only BEST stuff available out there, in the market,....

Today, the time has changed,..ppl are hack tired of gissi-pitti same stories, rona-dhona, bhaiyon ka bichhadna, vidhva maa, un-natural comedy, songs added and popped up anywhere, and little comedy and dhissom dhissom and thus finish the movie,... those days are gone,...

PPl need something new, real, holding and thrilling,.. either in terms of digital tech with advanced photography, or reality movies like Neerja , baby, Airlift, Talwaar, Rahsya, Maanhji, Masaan,.... etc.

Last edited by Jagmohan; March 7th, 2016 at 08:00 AM.
Old March 7th, 2016, 09:11 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Sajid Khan and many others are making movies only to convert money from black to white and mix around with Bollywood celebs. No sane man would make or act in his crappy movies.
Old March 8th, 2016, 12:49 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Barfi

We are the dream merchants---says the film industry.....

And in this film the director sells a fantastic dream of love---a story of love between a girl and a deaf and dumb guy.....not just a story of love , but of love fulfilled ; of the lovebirds getting locked in holy matrimony and living life till old age caring and sharing for each other ; of living life to the full in each others arms and dying on the same bed ; of sharing tears and laughter together till the end of their time on earth ;of holding each others hand and protecting each other.....all because they dared to follow the path led by their heart without question and without thinking.....

.....or have i talked too much already and played spoiler ??

maybe i have.....

but then right now i am under the spell of the film and decided to follow my heart just like the film asks us to.....and my heart wanted me to talk freely about the film....

If any film has been made to pass on the message to follow your heart
without thinking of practicalities then this is it.....
But actually so many films have been made saying the same thing.....
The triumph of the director of this film lies in making the idea heartrendingly and eyeswettingly believable.....

As for those who let practical matters take precedence over matters of emotion---its loneliness for them.....as Ileana D'Cruz finds out.....

She is the one who loves the deaf and dumb guy ( played by Ranbir Kapoor ) first , but loses him as she listens to her mother who wants her to marry a rich and normal guy .

.......And Ranbir is everything but that....

He is the son of a chauffeur who is forever in motion.....forever running and jumping and falling and making faces and dancing---as if all this hyperactivity would make up for his defects....

But he has no money or future---and Ileana goes out of his world....
.....only to return years later as she finds out that the call of the heart was stronger than the pull of reality.....

But now Ranbir is involved in a complicated case of the kidnapping of an autistic girl ( played by priyanka chopra ) who is now no more....or is she ??

Now Ranbir and Ileana have the chance to live life again by getting together . But do their hearts beat together again just like they did 6 years ago ?? Or will somebody play spoiler ?? Go and find out by seeing the movie....

The acting honours go to both Ranbir and Priyanka Chopra---it was difficult pulling off the role of a deaf and dumb guy and autistic girl but both pull it off with aplomb.....Priyanka especially is in top form.....

The scenery of Darjeeling is well picturised as the story unfolds in convoluted flashbacks ; but the director does manage to tie up the loose ends together as the climax approaches.....the songs too are hummable.....but what remains etched in the mind is the moviemaker's call to follow your heart.....

As I walked out of the cinema hall I thought '' All this is stuff of dreams and fantasy . The real world is all about being practical ''......but the dreams wouldn't go--of finding true love ; of living without a care in the world in the arms of your beloved.....

Well , I told you these moviemakers are dream merchants arent they....and the director is the master of them all.....

Verdict---What a beautiful movie....
Old March 9th, 2016, 10:31 AM
senior echarchan

Kai po che

Kai po che---thats what Gujaratis are supposed to say when the rope of their kite cuts the rope of somebody else's kite---at least thats what I gathered from a scene in the film....

So is the film a celebration of Gujarati culture and Gujarati entrepreneurship by Bollywood ?? A show of what Gujaratis have achieved through their hard work and their skills ?? A film about the vibrancy of Gujarat and the economic heights to which Gujaratis have reached ??

Naah---its something more mundane.....

Its part of the regular media gameplan to demonise the hindu nationalist forces repeatedly, and its a part of the Bollywood plan to earn more moolah by appeasing minorities so that the film runs well in Pakistan and the middle east , and it is part of the larger conspiracy to show hindu nationalist ruled states and especially Gujarat as hotbeds of communal tension where minorities are under attack .

So whats the plot ??

Three friends open a cricket academy , and their chief find is a boy named Ali who is destined to be a great cricketeer . But various events like the Gujarat earthquake and Gujarat riots intervene to seemingly wreak havoc with their plans . And also shown are their personal trysts and defeats and triumphs .

So do they show the terrible Gujarat earthquake ?? Not really , the main concentration is on the fact that minorities did not receive aid from the hindu nationalist govt in the aftermath of the earthquake.....

And of course , the Gujarat riots are shown with gusto---fully in line with the media's and intellectual class's habit of harping repeatedly about the Gujarat riots to the exclusion of everything else .

Graphic shots are shown of hindus killing muslims and of hindu nationalist inspired violence .

One of the three friends loses his parents in the burning alive of kar sevaks in the train at Godhra . Now why didnt they not show that incident at all ?? Oh , thats because in this case the minorities were at fault.....

Now that friend goes along with a hindu nationalist mob to kill the future cricketeer Ali and Ali's father in revenge for the killing of his parents in Godhra . Its upto the two other friends to stop him....

So can they stop him ?? Go and watch the movie for that....

Yes , the Gujarat riots were a terrible thing . But is that the only thing about that state worth highlighting ??

And does Bollywood have the guts to show events like the great Calcutta killings that led to the partition of the country in 1947 but were started by minorities ?? Naah.....

At least Gujaratis should see through this gameplan of repeated vilification of their state because it is ruled by the hindu nationalist forces .

On a better note---some part of Gujarati culture like dandiya is well shown . The only girl in the movie is not only pretty but is also ' forward ' in the sense that she takes the lead in not only wooing her boyfriend but taking him to bed....
Are all Gujarati women similarly ' forward ' ?? Must try befriending some.....

Verdict---depends really on how politically inclined you are , or even how politically aware you are . Many folks would find it a good movie . I being right wing by my political beliefs found it just about okay....
Old March 9th, 2016, 05:45 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
Barfi

Verdict---What a beautiful movie....
No wonder i didnt like it. Is there on netflix but first 10 minutes and i am off. Plus all the awards and rave reviews confirmed that it is not for me.
Old March 11th, 2016, 06:04 AM

Quote:
.....or have i talked too much already and played spoiler ??
You could actually put spoilers for the 3 year old or older movies. Those who like them a lot would have seen them. Those like me who wont intend to see would make do with your review :-)
Old March 9th, 2016, 05:43 PM

Quote:
.......For Tamannaah is only mine......
:
She is there in umpteen Gult movies. you can watch them. Jagguji can help share all the Gult movie links too.
One i remember is '100% love'
Full movie here.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE
Old April 10th, 2016, 02:46 PM

^^
Lol. Now that's focus. I was so engrossed in the discussion with Peace Pai (and a couple of other ones with Dove Pai) that I was Oblivious to other discussions.
Old April 11th, 2016, 06:56 AM
senior echarchan

Welcome to Karachi

Pakistan---a land bristling with guns of all calibre....
Where it is easier to get your hands on bullets than it is to get life saving medicines....
Where the boom of gunfire and explosions of bombs are easier to be heard than the celebrations of firecrackers.....
Where a happy event like a marriage is heralded by fire from automatic rifles....
Where every Tom Dick and Harry is in possession of a deadly weapon.....
Where children are taught to play with guns rather than toys since childhood....
Where rocket launchers and Stinger missiles are available like vegetables on the market....
Where having a kalashnikov like an AK 47 is considered necessary for sheer survival....
Where Americans play deadly cat and mouse games with the barbaric taliban and the murderous ISI....
Where drones attack militants from the air picking them off one by one....
Where the pathans are in hate filled rivalry with the mohajirs and the baluch lust for the blood of the punjabis....
Where minorities like hindus and sikhs have long been ethnically cleansed to near extinction....
A land prowled by thugs and thieves and terrorists and murderers....
A where suicide bombers are a dime a dozen....
The most dangerous country on earth....

And the most dangerous place in the most dangerous country is the port city of Karachi....
Where rival gangs play deadly games of death....
Where treading on the territory of another community ( like a mohajir going into pathan territory ) is tantamount to be given the death sentence....
Where every few days a massacre of innocents ( is anyone in pakistan innocent really ? ) is unleashed....
Where anti India anti west and anti Israel hatred is a mark of citizenship....
Where roadside and drawing room conversations discuss whom ( India or the west or Israel ) to nuke first....
Where kidnapping is a regular pastime....
Where wolves in the shape of human beings roam the streets searching for prey...

It is remarkable that Bollywood has so far kept mum on the unspeakable horrors that inhabit Pakistan---proof of the hold that the islamic mafia of Dawood Ibrahim ( based in Karachi what else ) has on the hindi film industry....

But one day someone is going to show the truth on celluloid....and that day has arrived....
At least Vashu Bhagnani has the guts to call a spade a spade and show the reality of Pakistan , though it is shown in a comic manner....

And the comedy starts when two dumbos ( Jacky Bhagnani and Arshad Warsi ) are washed off the shore of Karachi when their ship coming from India gets swept away in a storm....
Their arrival is heralded by a huge bomb explosion and the name of the film 'Welcome to Karachi' explodes into view through the smoke ; and such a spectacularly explosive welcome sets the tone for the rest of the film....
For throughout the rest of the film the two are seen only dodging bullets and rockets and bombs when they are not firing them....
And they are caught continuously in the crosshairs of warlords and criminals and terrorists and goons and politicians and whatnot....

The two Indians first try to hide their identity ( being identified as Indian brings certain death in Pakistan ) , then hunger takes over and they search for food....but the food packet they steal contains a pistol ( what else did you expect in Pakistan---food !!?? ) and that pistol leads then to a baluch gang....from here straight to the Afghan border to get training for jihad ( training for jihad is like training for school exams in Pakistan---every self respecting Pakistani has to do it )....then some more bomb explosions ( these explosions happen every few minutes in the movie ) ....then being caught in the crosshairs of americans after being chased by unmanned drones flying in the air....but the americans have no use for them and they are set free like a pack of wild dogs to try to reach their destination....

And their destination is their motherland India what else....
But you feel no sadness for the plight of the two---for their antics and those of the Pakistanis around them are enough to keep you in splits throughout the movie....
Jacky Bhagnani wins the dumbness contest by a fair margin , cheering for India in cricket matches in front of Pakistanis almost inviting their wrath , asking for vegetarian food ( he is a vegetarian of the gujarati Patel community ) thus revealing his hindu ( being hindu is unofficially a crime in Pakistan ) identity , and depending on Arshad Warsi for everything....not that Arshad Warsi is far behind in dumbness , as he shows by abusing pathan sportsman Shahid Afridi in front of pathans and nearly getting killed in the process....

In the midst of all this the dumb duo start rounds of gunfire between rival embassies of enemy countries due to their foolishness , give birth to a pregnant woman's baby with help of vaccum cleaner , dance with half naked girls in parties ( a Bollywood must , even when located in Pakistan ) , and save passengers who are about to be killed by the eternal scourge of Pakistan---terrorists....
And they never lose their cool or their hope or their zest for life....and give us entertainment by raising laughs in every situation....

In the end it becomes a little too tiresome---the stupidness of the antics , the jokes in the movie ; but what really tires you out is the endless violence in Pakistan !!
But before that tires you out , you get to see some funny situations and some mindless entertainment....
All frivolous but keeping you engaged....
The songs and music and cinematography is nothing special , but acting is good by everyone...
The Pakistanis in the film never look menacing inspite of all the machinery of destruction they carry , and some characters like the mullah Nasrullah who is leader of the taliban are really funny...
And the women in the film are beautiful , like they really are in Pakistan---one good point about their country....

The liberal lobby of reviewers of various media houses have been howling against the film because it shows the truth about Pakistan , and knowing their credentials I decided that if they are howling so much against the film then I must watch it....and so I had my little dose of fun...

So why don't you show the middle finger to the hypocrites by watching the film....

Verdict---decent .
Three stars .
Old April 20th, 2016, 01:49 PM
senior echarchan

English Vinglish

Beautiful actresses mature like old wine---they look better as age catches up with them . Just look at Hema Malini.....

But what about acting skills ?? Do they get better with time ?

THEY DO !!!....That is , if Sridevi's performance in this film is anything to go by....

......For not only she puts up a magnificient acting performance but it is she who holds the film together for a whole two and a quarter hours as she takes us through a range of emotions---first mild contempt at her lack of english speaking skills , then sympathy for her plight , then increasing pride at her bravura attempts to learn the language , then the sweet smell of romance ( aha !! )as she begins to bond with a guy and then adoration as you sit spellbound in the cinema hall watching her acting prowress......

She's the archetypal Maharashtrian Indian woman bound to tradition and family and old customs---to the point of having to bear unquestioningly the taunts from her pesky daughter who forever has a chip on her shoulder about her mom's english speaking skills---or her rather lack of them.....

But freedom comes in the land of the free....!!!

As she lands in New York for planning a wedding without her family she decides to learn english.....

Its time to meet new friends from different places across the globe---whites , blacks , pakistanis , French and even gays.....

And its time to get attention of a Frenchman ( who else wouldn't leave even a married fortyish woman alone ) and its time to seek success.....

But her world---her family---is not far away.....ultimately an typical Indian woman cannot forget her roots her home and her hearth.....

But when they meet her again---do they meet a changed woman or not ??

I am not telling---go to the cinema hall and find out for yourself.....I did and with happy results....

The movie is full of politically correct messages---friendship between Indians and Pakistanis , beginnings of love between a white gay and and a black gay man....

Now which of the other yesteryears actresses are gonna make a comeback ??---I dont mind having wet dreams ( again !! ) of ladies I used to fantasise in tenth standard in school.....

Verdict---Nice , real nice .
Old May 3rd, 2016, 01:20 PM
senior echarchan

Aurangzeb

The success of telling a complicated tale on celluloid lies in being able to successfully bring all the complications to an end whether good or bad , and being able to tie up all the loose ends of the story at the climax . The more convoluted the story becomes , the more difficult is this task---and the ability of the director can be judged by his capacity to make the viewers understand the movie amidst the complications .

Aurangzeb is such a film . It does not have a simple plot but unfolds in a complicated way until it feels overstretched at one point , but the director does help us make our way through the story .

So what is the connection with Aurangzeb , the controversial Mughal emperor who still provokes debate among historians as to whether he was good or bad ?? Is the title , grandiose as it is , justified ??

The Aurangzeb connection lies in the fact that some characters in the film are ready to kill even their relatives in their greed and lust for power in a manner in which Alamgir ( as Mughal emperor Aurangzeb liked to call himself ) would have applauded----for he himself killed all his brothers in his bid for the throne.....

So whats the story ?? Aahh !! here come the complications.....

To try to make it sound simple , Arjun Kapoor plays the double role of twins separated in young age . One lives in poverty with his mother and the other is the arrogant heir to his father's multi crore illegal empire . But the enemies of his father plot to replace his heir with his twin who is their agent and will help to bring down the father's empire .

But as expected , the plot loses its simplicity as the replaced twin begins to have respect his father ( played by Jackie Shroff ) and decides to dump his father's enemies for whom he was working earlier . But those for whom he was working earlier ( Rishi Kapoor and Prithviraj Sukumaran ) are no losers either and they are not going to give up on him so easily.....

Another problem is that the heir's girlfriend played by the delicious Sashaa Agha ( Salma Agha's daughter ) falls in love with his replacement and he begins to feel the same for her.....
.......For she is worth it ; all light eyes and pink skin and soft flesh---she has it all....
.....And not only she has it all but she displays it all by going about half nude in sizzling bikinis and revealing clothes , and kissing Arjun and dancing with abandon.....

The list of problems grows as the movie progresses , and new twists and turns are added to the plot.....In the end its time for those who have conscience to stand up for their ideals to confront those who are unscrupulous and fight for what is right.....

All we can say is---may the righteous ones win.....Amen to that !!

So do the righteous people win ??

Go and watch the movie for that.....It does throw up some interesting situations along the way.....

Arjun Kapoor does act well in both roles , but Jackie looks tired in the movie . Rishi Kapoor does a decent job of acting , but what about his expanding girth....
Prithviraj Sukumaran does play his role of an a forever unsmiling police officer in a gritty manner fit for his character in the film .

What I liked was the fact that the name Aurangzeb has somewhat negative connotations in the film---a negativity that is being erased in our history books to appease some ' peaceful ' folk . And coming from Yash Raj films which is a bastion of appeasement , its a feat unto itself....

Verdict---decent .

Last edited by ashdoc; May 3rd, 2016 at 01:22 PM.
Old May 17th, 2016, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Welcome to Karachi

So why don't you show the middle finger to the hypocrites by watching the film....

Verdict---decent .
Three stars .
And this one also gets a ghanta award.
Old May 25th, 2016, 12:56 PM
senior echarchan

Table number 21

Trouble in paradise---that's table number 21.....

And everytime Bollywood has to discover a new paradise to keeps its viewers interested , so this time its Fiji---the island half populated by those denizens of western India called Gujjus , and only half populated by its native population.....

And what about paradise as in candy for the eyes---an attractive woman who reveals her lovely figure in teeny weeny bikinis on the beach and kisses her partner with abandon ??
---Thats Tena Desae ( I hope I got the name right ) , the better half of a couple who have won a free vacation to Fiji ; and the the other half of the couple is Rajeev Khandelwal......

Aaaahh !! Youth , lovely beaches , romance and a beautiful woman.....what else can you want.....

Well , the viewer wants some trouble to break out in this paradise to get the movie going along

And trouble comes along in name of Mr Khan.....( dont we have enough troublemakers by this name already )

This Mr Khan ( played by Paresh Rawal ) gives the couple a tantalizing offer---to play in a reality show called table number 21.
The task seems simple enough---answer 8 questions and do 1 task for each question making a total of 8 tasks....
But the answers to each question must be true---if you lie you die....
And you cant walk out of the show in between---if you want to be free you have to complete the game....

The prize for winning---21 crores

Now if an offer is too good to be true it probably IS too good to be true---obviously the game has a catch that would make the tasks too difficult and the money not worth the risks involved .But the couple is overcome with greed and is ready.....

And as the game unravels the couple is put through physical harassment and mental anguish beyond their wildest imagination.....
And Khan is not what he seems to be---he knows too much about their past lives....

Of course Khan is not a villain---can anyone with this famous surname be anything but a good person if not a hero.....given the current appeasement tendencies of Bollywood and the hold of the mafia based in a certain neighbour of ours on the film industry it would take a brave man to say " His name is Khan and he is a terrorist ( or bad guy at least ) ''.

So who is he ??

And does the harassment the couple goes through remind you of things we participated in during the bygone days ( assuming you are in the thirties like I am ) ??

The film ends with a powerful social message that hits hard with a surprise---and that's the best part of the film.....man , I was impressed by the climax....

Now only if the other parts of the film were as good as the climax---sadly they aren't , and do not match upto the standard of the climax .

Performances wise Paresh Rawal takes the acting honours---these Khans cannot be ignored even if the names are not real ....but the rest of the actors dont meet the standard....

Verdict---just about okay.....

Last edited by ashdoc; May 25th, 2016 at 01:01 PM.