eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Taaza Khabar - Current news

Notices

Taaza Khabar - Current news Discuss the latest news making waves...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old November 14th, 2005, 09:16 PM
viking's Avatar
viking viking is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 8,624
viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Infosys Invited To Maharashtra

Maharashtra CM dials Infy: Unhappy in Karnataka? Move

I told him we will give whatever you need: Vilasrao

PRADEEP KAUSHAL

Posted online: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 at 0147 hours IST

NEW DELHI, NOVEMBER 14: From Congress-ruled Karnataka to Congress-ruled Maharashtra. That’s the move Infosys Technologies’ chief mentor N R Narayana Murthy has been asked to make by Maharashtra Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh who has ‘‘invited’’ him to the state.

‘‘I called him up two days ago and told him that if you are unhappy in Bangalore, please come to Maharashtra. I told him we will provide you whatever you need. He said he would come to Mumbai soon and meet me,’’ Deshmukh told The Indian Express.

The ‘‘invitation’’ comes days after former prime minister H D Deve Gowda—his JD(S) is part of the Congress-led government in Karnataka—targeted Infosys. Murthy quit in disgust as chairman of the Bangalore International Airport Limited. Infosys already has 110 acres at the Pune Infotech Park (PIP), developed by the state. ‘‘Mr Murthy told me he is very happy with Pune and Maharashtra. Should Mr Murthy require more land in Pune, we are prepared to acquire it and hand it over to him,’’ Deshmukh said.

Dump Bangalore Drive Should Begin
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old November 14th, 2005, 10:31 PM
echarcha's Avatar
echarcha echarcha is offline
Sutradhar {admin}
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 45,373
echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Infosys Invited To Maharashtra

Pune or Nasik would be an ideal location. Nasik is also developing a lot and will soon be like Pune. A nice expressway to Nasik like Mumbai-Pune will benefit.
__________________
eCharcha.com
-Loud and Proud Desi Opinions
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old November 14th, 2005, 11:23 PM
style bhai's Avatar
style bhai style bhai is offline
eCharchan
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 409
style bhai is a jewel in the roughstyle bhai is a jewel in the roughstyle bhai is a jewel in the rough
Re: Infosys Invited To Maharashtra

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha
Pune or Nasik would be an ideal location. Nasik is also developing a lot and will soon be like Pune. A nice expressway to Nasik like Mumbai-Pune will benefit.
mamu, this thing aint gona happen. southies lick southies arse, aint no doubt in that. maharashtra aint in their radar till now.
AFAIK chennai and hyderbad are in their radar
__________________
Bombay Ka Number One Bhai

Dhurandhar Need Not Reply
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old November 15th, 2005, 01:01 AM
aby_baby's Avatar
aby_baby aby_baby is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 580
aby_baby is on a distinguished road
Re: Infosys Invited To Maharashtra

Quote:
Originally Posted by style bhai
mamu, this thing aint gona happen. southies lick southies arse, aint no doubt in that. maharashtra aint in their radar till now.
AFAIK chennai and hyderbad are in their radar
Ha ha ha. Now you bring regionalism into the picture. Bangalore is bursting. But take it from me nobody is going to move away from Bangalore. Only incremental investment is going to move away. Even in that case Pune is way too bad compared to other cities. Same bad roads same power issues. Who in his right frame of mind will move there from Bangalore.
__________________
Is this really needed??
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old November 15th, 2005, 01:55 AM
viking's Avatar
viking viking is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 8,624
viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Infosys Invited To Maharashtra

Quote:
Originally Posted by aby_baby
Ha ha ha. Now you bring regionalism into the picture. Bangalore is bursting. But take it from me nobody is going to move away from Bangalore. Only incremental investment is going to move away. Even in that case Pune is way too bad compared to other cities. Same bad roads same power issues. Who in his right frame of mind will move there from Bangalore.
At leat no Kannda Vedike guys trying to screw up things. Besides Pune is not the only city in Maharashtra. I feel Nashik could be a good bet too. It already has an STP and a ready earth station. Closer to Mumbai and Pune both. An already developed industrial base.

Last edited by viking; November 15th, 2005 at 01:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old November 15th, 2005, 02:24 AM
aby_baby's Avatar
aby_baby aby_baby is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 580
aby_baby is on a distinguished road
Re: Infosys Invited To Maharashtra

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking
At leat no Kannda Vedike guys trying to screw up things. Besides Pune is not the only city in Maharashtra. I feel Nashik could be a good bet too. It already has an STP and a ready earth station. Closer to Mumbai and Pune both. An already developed industrial base.
Yup no Kannada vedike. But I am sure young software pros arent exactly beaming at the thought of being thrashed by shiv sena goons for celebrating V-day.

Secondly infrastructure is only part of the deal. Infotech is all about skilled manpower. Where are you going to get the people from to Nashik?

It is not coincidence that Bangalore developed as an IT city and not any other city. Simply because all IT companies in late 80s and early 90s found a ready supply of manpower. And yah not those good for nothing passouts from dime a dozen engg colleges like Babbanrao dhone variety.
__________________
Is this really needed??

Last edited by aby_baby; November 15th, 2005 at 02:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old November 15th, 2005, 12:11 PM
Xandu's Avatar
Xandu Xandu is offline
X
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,179
Xandu is on a distinguished road
Re: Infosys Invited To Maharashtra

Quote:
Originally Posted by style bhai
mamu, this thing aint gona happen. southies lick southies arse, aint no doubt in that. maharashtra aint in their radar till now.
AFAIK chennai and hyderbad are in their radar
you couldnt be more wrong (or should i say 'out of style' ) .. it's just not true that southies lick southies arse... northies, western states etc licks southies arse too!!! ... look at that the marathi CM just did
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old November 15th, 2005, 03:09 PM
echarcha's Avatar
echarcha echarcha is offline
Sutradhar {admin}
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 45,373
echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Infosys Invited To Maharashtra

Kya south or north laga rakha hain? Why ?? Relax guys.. Nothing wrong with Makke Roti and Shrikhand with Rasgolla and Sambar all in one meal!!
__________________
eCharcha.com
-Loud and Proud Desi Opinions
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old December 31st, 2016, 06:27 AM
Amogh Amogh is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 81
Amogh is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Infosys Invited To Maharashtra

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post
Maharashtra CM dials Infy: Unhappy in Karnataka? Move

I told him we will give whatever you need: Vilasrao

PRADEEP KAUSHAL

Posted online: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 at 0147 hours IST

NEW DELHI, NOVEMBER 14: From Congress-ruled Karnataka to Congress-ruled Maharashtra. That’s the move Infosys Technologies’ chief mentor N R Narayana Murthy has been asked to make by Maharashtra Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh who has ‘‘invited’’ him to the state.

‘‘I called him up two days ago and told him that if you are unhappy in Bangalore, please come to Maharashtra. I told him we will provide you whatever you need. He said he would come to Mumbai soon and meet me,’’ Deshmukh told The Indian Express.

The ‘‘invitation’’ comes days after former prime minister H D Deve Gowda—his JD(S) is part of the Congress-led government in Karnataka—targeted Infosys. Murthy quit in disgust as chairman of the Bangalore International Airport Limited. Infosys already has 110 acres at the Pune Infotech Park (PIP), developed by the state. ‘‘Mr Murthy told me he is very happy with Pune and Maharashtra. Should Mr Murthy require more land in Pune, we are prepared to acquire it and hand it over to him,’’ Deshmukh said.

Dump Bangalore Drive Should Begin
Mods,

Excuse me for bumping a thread which is more than a decade old. But once I get the precise answer, you may delete my post.

So my question is: At least a decade has passed since that invitation. Now where is that new branch - big or small - of Infosys company?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old December 31st, 2016, 06:38 AM
Amogh Amogh is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 81
Amogh is on a distinguished road
Re: Infosys Invited To Maharashtra

Or may be the answer is there in one of the above replies. I didn't go through the thread.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old December 31st, 2016, 07:03 AM
Amogh Amogh is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 81
Amogh is on a distinguished road
Re: Infosys Invited To Maharashtra

Yeh hai na aur kya chahiye?

A
Hp Infosys
Software Company
Nagpur, Maharashtra · 0712 274 0457

B
Infosys
Corporate Office
Pune, Maharashtra

C
Infosys Guest House
Guest House
Pune, Maharashtra · 020 2293 2800
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old December 31st, 2016, 08:18 AM
sgars's Avatar
sgars sgars is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mid West
Posts: 8,467
sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Infosys Invited To Maharashtra

It was those days when Infosys was harassed by Deve Gowda and was looking at other venues. There was talk of Infy shutting down shop and moving to a new place in Hyderabad (which was mostly untouched by Cybercoolie cos). i also bought some property near that area hoping this would also see the boom that Hi tec city etc have seen.

Probably it was more a threat than actual intention.
As things stand now, Pune is a Cyber coolie hub now and Infy along with many 'MNCs'. Kanbay was there in 90s too. Infy is all over . Bhubaneswar, Mohali, and Mysore too.
__________________
This is quite a game, politics. There are no permanent enemies, and no permanent friends,only permanent interests. - Some Firang
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cocktail recipes invited Cooldude Recipe Corner 59 January 5th, 2010 08:16 AM
Suggestions invited for the new administration Moderator 2 Feedback 22 March 31st, 2007 06:52 PM
Guys...ur views invited... Decent_Guy SoapBox 98 December 7th, 2003 02:47 AM
You are invited by Pervert Musshharough arun SoapBox 2 September 29th, 2001 03:15 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Site Copyright © eCharcha.Com 2000-2012.