eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old June 6th, 2018, 10:40 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Marathi film Bucket List - a good movie. Go see it

I just saw the Madhuri Dixit starrer Marathi film Bucket List

The story is a bit different than most other films.

I will give you the 'review' in my style and not the usual million word verbal diarrhea by our 'official reviewer'
  • A middle aged, upper middle class woman (played by Madhuri) gets a heart transplant.
  • The donor is a young girl who has a bucket list of things to do before her 21st birthday.
  • The recipient decides to complete the list.
  • It is a good movie and is not just about the list but about relations in a family.

And when I say its a good movie, mind you, I don't go to see every damn movie as I have other things to do in life rather than watch a movie with the only purpose of publishing a million word verbal diarrhea on social sites

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

Last edited by echarcha; June 6th, 2018 at 10:43 PM.
Old June 6th, 2018, 11:58 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marathi film Bucket List - a good movie. Go see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post

I will give you the 'review' in my style and not the usual million word verbal diarrhea by our 'official reviewer' .

mind you, I don't go to see every damn movie as I have other things to do in life rather than watch a movie
So I have nothing to do but see movies and only you are busy eh ? OK then I will try to be busy in future and not bother you with my verbal diarrhoea and other contributions to the forum .
Old June 7th, 2018, 01:38 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Planning to watch this movie on the weekend although I have a feeling I wont like it as a tear jerker. too many problems already in life.........

interesting tags on this thread though. who is Madhur dixit?

Last edited by kkkk; June 7th, 2018 at 01:41 AM.
Old June 7th, 2018, 09:48 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
So I have nothing to do but see movies and only you are busy eh ? OK then I will try to be busy in future and not bother you with my verbal diarrhoea and other contributions to the forum .
From what Echaparcha pai has written, this movie definitely falls into the realm of my do-not-watch list. But had it been explored more and some scenes described as to what some of the items were in the list and why the old lady resolved to complete the list... maybe... maybe I would have looked forward to watching it. Maybe, like what every young girl wants to do... maybe the bucket list has an item number or two. So, please do take time off your busy schedule and watch this movie and give us an idea, Ashermuke pai... please do...

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old June 7th, 2018, 09:52 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Marathi film Bucket List - a good movie. Go see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
From what Echaparcha pai has written, this movie definitely falls into the realm of my do-not-watch list. But had it been explored more and some scenes described as to what some of the items were in the list and why the old lady resolved to complete the list... maybe... maybe I would have looked forward to watching it. Maybe, like what every young girl wants to do... maybe the bucket list has an item number or two. So, please do take time off your busy schedule and watch this movie and give us an idea, Ashermuke pai... please do...

Wait for ashdoc's review then and do look at the youtube trailer.

And no, its not a tear-jerker... Rather handled quite well for such an unusual topic.

Last edited by echarcha; June 7th, 2018 at 09:56 AM.
Old June 7th, 2018, 09:55 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

Talking Re: Marathi film Bucket List - a good movie. Go see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
You haven't yet learnt the art of writing a review in concise form. You write just like those newspaper reviewers, so there's nothing special.

If you still didn't understand the real purpose of my jibe, then I misjudged your intelligence. Your reaction was sort of expected

Anyone with decent language skills can vomit words all over and create long prose. The real 'talent' or 'skill' is in communicating just as effectively in minimal words.

So, can I challenge you to first write a review in your current way and then write a 'summation' or 'TL;DR' version?
Old June 11th, 2018, 04:23 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

I was in two - or perhaps three minds - about watching this movie. Ofcourse the topic of the movie about a heart donor's last wishes promised to be a tear jerker and like... too many problems in life already mann...
the third mind was about Madhuri being in the film! I have expected Madhuri to do Marathi film since quite some time, so when she did one, I knew it wouldnt quite be a 'dhak-dhak karne laga' but it would already have passed a few quality gates...

The real stars of the movie are the director and the script writer though. For a emotional topic, there are very few moments which are in the Category of sadma/anand-ending types.

so the movie starts with Madhuri undergoing heart transplant - She comes across as a spunky woman - however the typical housewife character that she later portrays is a little at odds with how she comes across. I mean the lady has more than a fair chance of dying and she is worried about her kaam wali bai missing a corner of cooking platform while cleaning. yeah, they set the tone of the non-tear-jerker. you get the same feeling in the scene where 40 days after the operation Madhuri and Sumit - her husband - wonder if it was ok to do 'it'.

the logic on why Madhuri wants to complete the bucket list, the way she goes about it all appear very possible in real life. Her donor's twin brother anger at losing his sister and at Madhuri for what he sees as hogging lime light, her Husband's view that she can complete the list as a hobby but not bother too much about it, her in-laws expectation that she cook dinner before going out for the one evening, her daughter's view that pocket money comes from her father so mother cannot dictate what she buys with it, her parents support for her wishes, all show the trials and tribulations of what a typical Indian house wife normally goes through her life.

Barring a few Over the top scenes, Madhuri not knowing/recognising Ranbir Kapoor when she meets him or trying to teach a chef in a pub how to cook chapatis, the story is handled nicely.

Movie goes at the correct pace, holds your attention till the end. You wouldnt miss any crucial bits if you went out for su-su during the movie, but might not want to sit on the throne for long otherwise you will lose the link.

after the movie, maybe you will not talk about the story but about whether you should also have a to-do list for your life - unless you already have it!

overall I thought the movie was good, worthy of Madhuri's foray into Marathi.

Will look out for more of the director - Tejas' movies....

short review -

- Woman gets heart transplant and feels it her duty to complete the bucket list of her donor. the movie is the story of how she does it.
- fast paced
- good humour - but you might miss it if you are not Marathi.
Old June 13th, 2018, 08:32 AM
be badass

MsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant future

Me too in plenty minds whether or not to watch this movie. Madhuri faar acting karte asa waatat aahe. Trying too hard to look gharduti/gharelu. Doesn't come across as a natural unlike Sridevi . But the other recent Marathi releases were really good. Manzha, Apla Manus, Gulabjaam, Amhi doghi - sahi hote
Old June 13th, 2018, 10:10 AM
Senior eCharchan

razzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsShaanze View Post
Me too in plenty minds whether or not to watch this movie. Madhuri faar acting karte asa waatat aahe. Trying too hard to look gharduti/gharelu. Doesn't come across as a natural unlike Sridevi . But the other recent Marathi releases were really good. Manzha, Apla Manus, Gulabjaam, Amhi doghi - sahi hote

is it gharduti or ghargooti - i have always heard/thought it was ghargooti - looks like i misheard and have been misspeaking as well
Old June 19th, 2018, 11:05 AM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzrhino View Post
is it gharduti or ghargooti - i have always heard/thought it was ghargooti - looks like i misheard and have been misspeaking as well
Its Gharguti … so you did not misspeak..
Old June 25th, 2018, 10:57 AM
Senior eCharchan

so anyone else see it?
Old June 25th, 2018, 01:28 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

^^
Not in my Bucket list until it ends up in Youtube or Yuppflix.
Old June 26th, 2018, 04:54 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

This question/scenario doesn't belong to the spirit of the movie but what if the donor was a guy whose bucket list was to bang 100 women. How would a straight female recipient like Madhuri Dixit fulfill that?