eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old April 16th, 2018, 12:22 PM
sgars's Avatar
sgars sgars is online now
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mid West
Posts: 8,451
sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ashdoc's mainstream english movie thread

Ready Player One -
For the synopsis, cast, etc. check the wiki page

When i watch movies on screen when they release, it is for the bachcha log, as was this time (last time was for for last Jedi).
The movie is about people playing a virtual game called Oasis in search of the easter egg with usual challenges.
Those who are into Gaming will love it. So did both the boys. Else, it is a bore. Accompanying apna family was a gult sibling pair - the boy who is always on to X Box loved it, the girl who is into more earthly stuff found it boring.
I also found it boring despite it having some usual Spielberg style effects.

And since i didnt like it, others may like it

I see a couple of reasons why Shakti pai may like it.
1. It is set in his gaon.
2. The main character has an avatar named Parzival, which rhymes closely with Shakti pai's favorite neta Farzival
__________________
This is quite a game, politics. There are no permanent enemies, and no permanent friends,only permanent interests. - Some Firang
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old May 4th, 2018, 06:55 AM
ashdoc ashdoc is online now
senior echarchan
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8,490
ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ashdoc's mainstream english movie thread

An officer and a gentleman ( 1982 )



Richard Gere plays aviation officer candidate Zack Mayo . He has not had a great childhood . His mom overdosed with sleeping pills in his childhood thus committing suicide and leaving him in the responsibility of his whoring father , who was in the navy . Zack grew up among his father's whores in various US naval bases in different countries . So Zack is a rebel .

But a burning ambition to fly navy jets brings him to a training base inspite of his father's incredulousness , where he is under the training of Sergeant Emil Foley ( Louis Gossett Jr ) . Foley is a tough sergeant and training under him is exceptionally harsh . Foley is forever shouting at his trainees and taunting them and forces them to undergo gruelling exercises . He punishes very harshly for the slightest misdemeanour .

Zack being a rebel , comes to loggerheads with Foley on numerous occasions . Zack sells buckles as a side business and is rigorously punished by Foley for doing so . In fact Foley pushes him to the breaking point , until Zack is forced to admit to him that he has nowhere else to go except the navy . But that is not the last time the two come to loggerheads and things have to be settled between them in a karate bout in the end .

Zack has other team mates with him , and his best friend is Sid Worley ( David Keith ) . The two get into romantic relationships with Paula Pokrifki ( Debra Winger ) and Lynette Pomeroy ( Lisa Blount ) respectively . This inspite of Sergeant Foley having warned them about local girls who might trap them into marriage by becoming pregnant , as they have dreams of marrying naval aviators to escape the dreary life of the town . The girls come from working class families and work in a factory there . The local boys are jealous about the navy boys getting the best girls and then dumping them and Zack and Sid get into a fight with the locals in which Zack's karate skills come mighty handy to defend themselves .

Paula develops real feelings of love for Zack , who promises nothing to her at all . It is exactly this kind of attitude that irks Lynette , who is determined to trap Sid into marriage . But she goes one step ahead than other girls in this ; she fakes pregnancy which is not there . On the other hand Paula invites Zack to her house to meet her family , where Zack sees her father giving him strange looks . Outside the house Paula tells Zack that he is not her real father , who was exactly an aviation officer candidate like Zack . But he dumped her mother after fathering Paula , and she had to marry the man giving Zack strange looks because he was wondering if Zack would do the same to Paula that her real father had done to her mother....

Meanwhile we are shown the rough basic training that aviation officer candidates get before they can qualify for further training to fly jets . It consists of miles and miles of running singing songs in order to make one tough physically . It also consists of climbing obstacles that one female candidate finds really difficult until Zack eggs her on to climb . Also it consists of simulating an aircraft crashing in water after being hit and how to survive the dive . Karate training is given by Sergeant Foley ( who is a tall and extremely fit black man ) himself to the candidates to survive in physical combat with the enemy . Also it consists of surviving in low oxygen atmosphere .

It is in the last part that Sid cannot handle the pressure , as he is under mental tension due to Lynette's faked pregnancy . He decides to take a D. O. R.---that is drop on request ; basically decides to quit the training . This inspite of being the best candidate so far . But when he tells this to Lynette and asks her to marry him , she tells him that she is not pregnant and refuses to marry him because he is no longer going to be a naval aviator . With both his career and his woman gone , Sid is shattered and commits suicide . Zack and Paula search the town for him until they find Sid having hanged himself in a motel room .

Zack is angry with Sergeant Foley for not having stopped Sid from taking a D. O . R. and the two head for a fight in the karate training arena . But inspite of the bitterness Foley grudgingly acknowledges that Zack was a special candidate when the time for graduation comes .

When graduation happens other candidates meet and embrace their near and dear ones , who have come to cheer them . But Zack is left alone with no one to cheer him , as his unworthy father has not come to salute his son who has become an officer . There is one solution to this loneliness and that is to be with Paula , because she truly loves Zack . And committing himself to the lady who really loves him will make Zack a real gentleman . An officer and a gentleman....

The climax in which Zack arrives in the factory to lift Paula in his arms to the cheers of those working there including Paula's mother ( and to Lynette's chagrin ) is about the most uplifting and romantic climax you would ever see in a movie . And it lifts the movie to a class that is way above other movies of the same category .

Background music and photography is good and acting by everyone is good too . The movie show people from working class backgrounds and their dreams and ambitions . Some people are honest like Paula and others like Lynette are dishonest . Even the candidates for naval aviation are from working class backgrounds , including Zack whose father was just a petty officer in the navy . Not the elite of America are these people....but the movie was liked by even the elite critics , who ranked it the best movie of 1982 . And I liked it too .

Verdict---Good .

Four out of five stars .
__________________
-----
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old May 4th, 2018, 11:03 AM
sgars's Avatar
sgars sgars is online now
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mid West
Posts: 8,451
sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ashdoc's mainstream english movie thread

^^
Where did you see this? It was on Netflix a while back. i also saw it long back in Hyderabad (86 or so). In those days, there was a 3-4 year lag between movies release in Hollywood and India.

There are some good 'scenes' in this. Will put them separately
__________________
This is quite a game, politics. There are no permanent enemies, and no permanent friends,only permanent interests. - Some Firang
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old May 4th, 2018, 11:34 AM
ashdoc ashdoc is online now
senior echarchan
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8,490
ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ashdoc's mainstream english movie thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
^^
Where did you see this? It was on Netflix a while back. i also saw it long back in Hyderabad (86 or so). In those days, there was a 3-4 year lag between movies release in Hollywood and India.

There are some good 'scenes' in this. Will put them separately
on putlocker site .
__________________
-----
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old September 5th, 2018, 03:28 PM
ashdoc ashdoc is online now
senior echarchan
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8,490
ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ashdoc's mainstream english movie thread

Alexander ( 2004 )



Nothing could be a bigger topic for making a movie than Alexander the great , one of the greatest conquerors of all time . To be honest there were greater conquerors than him , like Genghis / Changez Khan and Tamarlane / Timur the lame . But they were barbarians !! On the other hand , the march of Alexander was the march of civilization . Even he killed many , but he created more than he destroyed . A string of cities named Alexandria were founded as he marched . And he married and had a son from an Asian queen as his heir in order to make his Asian subjects co partners in his empire .

The movie begins showing his mother ( played by Angelina Jolie ) having a horrendous relationship with his father , who royally ill treats her and leaves her forever plotting his demise among the myriad poisonous snakes she cohabits with . But both the father King Philip and the mother love Alexander . Philip anoints Alexander ( Colin Farrel ) as his successor , but mother fears that other queens that Philip has married and who have their own children will plot to usurp Alexander's birthright to kingship .

So when Philip is murdered by a man who he has had dishonoured in a party , Alexander suspects his mother behind this and confronts her . She claims that he is son of Zeus and descendant of Achilees . And like Achilees his destiny is that of being a great warrior .

Alexander plans to exceed all his mother's expectations . He first marches against Persia against the manifold greater army of the great king Darius ( Darayavaush ) . At the start of the battle he rides his horse in front of his assembled troops reminding his doubtful but valiant soldiers that even though the Persians have a larger army it is composed mostly of slaves , while the Greeks are all free men . And claims that the Greeks are a superior civilization , something that has been shown to have been taught to him by his tutor in childhood .

His stirring words enthuse his forces and they fight gallantly against the Persians . And Alexander is among them , right in the thick of battle . And he attacks the chariot of king Darius himself , forcing Darius to flee . The victorious Greeks march on to Babylon which the capital of the Persian empire . Here lie immense riches and many beautiful women including Darius' daughter . But Alexander is more interested in Darius' boy....and herein begins the long saga of homosexuality in the movie .

Yes , Alexander was partly gay , but there are simply too many scenes of homosexuality in the movie . Even though Alexander is known more as a conqueror , the director Oliver Stone also highlights his sexuality too much .

His men now want to return home to Macedonia , but Alexander uses Darius's escape as an excuse to push further into Asia to chase him . Truth is that his ambition is boundless . As his forces march into the steppes of central asia they are marching into remote uncharted territory . But the great conqueror is unstoppable and seemingly invincible .

Here he marries the princess Roxana , an Asian . She is eager to love him and her father promises that she will protect him with her life . But on their first wedding night Roxana discovers that Alexander has gay lovers and she resists his advances . So Alexander has to force himself upon her , and their love scene is more like a wrestling match with the completely nude Roxana's big boobs hanging like giant udders as they wrestle .

From central asia to bactria in Afghanistan and from there to India crossing the hindu kush mountains . But in India the army that has swelled to 150000 is confronted with new diseases and new animals . On the other hand riches are hard to find . His men are homesick and his best friend is sore that he will never see his homeland again as he has been made satrap ( governor ) of bactria . The friend insults him loudly when drunk and has to be killed . Alexander deeply regrets this later .

Alexander urges his veterans to advance one last time as India is thought to be the end of the world . His forces run headlong into the army of Indian king Porous ( Pavarava ) . It is a moment in the movie that I was proud of , for my countrymen gave Alexander his bloodiest battle as the movie frankly admits . Porous' smaller army has elephant battalions , and they are used fully to attack Alexander's hordes .

It is glorious sight to see the Indian elephants charging the enemy , and this charge of several war elephants has been filmed well . Porous bravely fights on his war elephant and Alexander's troops are shown being mauled by his elephants trumpeting and trampling the Greeks under their feet . Alexander personally charges Porous's war elephant and the elephant and Alexander's horse raise their front feet at the same time , the horse neighing and elephant trumpeting . Great photography or special effects of that scene . And Porous discharges a javelin that severely injures Alexander . Ironically the wounding inflames Alexander's soldiers and they recover from their mauling and defeat Porous' soldiers .

But the severe handling of his forces by the Indian troops and his personal wound have chastened the conqueror and as son as he recovers Alexander orders the march back to home . But he is destined to never see his homeland again . First his gay lover is struck down by typhus in Babylon bringing Alexander to grief . He blames his wife Roxana for this even though she pleads that she is carrying his child and heir to the empire . But soon he himself is on his deathbed .

It is left to his friend Ptolemy ( Anthony Hopkins ) to complete Alexander's history in old age . His wife Roxana and child are killed by his generals , who divide his empire after his death .

The film has many flashbacks of childhood as Alexander marches on into the unknown , and particularly well filmed is the shot of him taming and riding a horse his father had rejected as too wild . Overall the photography and colours of the film are good . Acting is decent , particularly by Val Kilmer as King Philip . He brings out his brutality well . Music is enthralling and worth a separate hearing . War scenes are decently filmed too . But the gay scenes put off many people are the film received bad ratings in reviews .

But I did feel it had an epic quality about it and watched the full three and a half hours long version of it . I felt it did do justice to the life of the great warrior---Alexander .

Verdict---Decent .

Three stars out of five .
__________________
-----

Last edited by ashdoc; September 5th, 2018 at 03:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old September 5th, 2018, 04:30 PM
HarHarMahaDev HarHarMahaDev is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MILKY WAY
Posts: 3,256
HarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant future
Re: Ashdoc's mainstream english movie thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
Alexander ( 2004 )



Nothing could be a bigger topic for making a movie than Alexander the great , one of the greatest conquerors of all time . To be honest there were greater conquerors than him , like Genghis / Changez Khan and Tamarlane / Timur the lame . But they were barbarians !! On the other hand , the march of Alexander was the march of civilization . Even he killed many , but he created more than he destroyed . A string of cities named Alexandria were founded as he marched . And he married and had a son from an Asian queen as his heir in order to make his Asian subjects co partners in his empire .

The movie begins showing his mother ( played by Angelina Jolie ) having a horrendous relationship with his father , who royally ill treats her and leaves her forever plotting his demise among the myriad poisonous snakes she cohabits with . But both the father King Philip and the mother love Alexander . Philip anoints Alexander ( Colin Farrel ) as his successor , but mother fears that other queens that Philip has married and who have their own children will plot to usurp Alexander's birthright to kingship .

So when Philip is murdered by a man who he has had dishonoured in a party , Alexander suspects his mother behind this and confronts her . She claims that he is son of Zeus and descendant of Achilees . And like Achilees his destiny is that of being a great warrior .

Alexander plans to exceed all his mother's expectations . He first marches against Persia against the manifold greater army of the great king Darius ( Darayavaush ) . At the start of the battle he rides his horse in front of his assembled troops reminding his doubtful but valiant soldiers that even though the Persians have a larger army it is composed mostly of slaves , while the Greeks are all free men . And claims that the Greeks are a superior civilization , something that has been shown to have been taught to him by his tutor in childhood .

His stirring words enthuse his forces and they fight gallantly against the Persians . And Alexander is among them , right in the thick of battle . And he attacks the chariot of king Darius himself , forcing Darius to flee . The victorious Greeks march on to Babylon which the capital of the Persian empire . Here lie immense riches and many beautiful women including Darius' daughter . But Alexander is more interested in Darius' boy....and herein begins the long saga of homosexuality in the movie .

Yes , Alexander was partly gay , but there are simply too many scenes of homosexuality in the movie . Even though Alexander is known more as a conqueror , the director Oliver Stone also highlights his sexuality too much .

His men now want to return home to Macedonia , but Alexander uses Darius's escape as an excuse to push further into Asia to chase him . Truth is that his ambition is boundless . As his forces march into the steppes of central asia they are marching into remote uncharted territory . But the great conqueror is unstoppable and seemingly invincible .

Here he marries the princess Roxana , an Asian . She is eager to love him and her father promises that she will protect him with her life . But on their first wedding night Roxana discovers that Alexander has gay lovers and she resists his advances . So Alexander has to force himself upon her , and their love scene is more like a wrestling match with the completely nude Roxana's big boobs hanging like giant udders as they wrestle .

From central asia to bactria in Afghanistan and from there to India crossing the hindu kush mountains . But in India the army that has swelled to 150000 is confronted with new diseases and new animals . On the other hand riches are hard to find . His men are homesick and his best friend is sore that he will never see his homeland again as he has been made satrap ( governor ) of bactria . The friend insults him loudly when drunk and has to be killed . Alexander deeply regrets this later .

Alexander urges his veterans to advance one last time as India is thought to be the end of the world . His forces run headlong into the army of Indian king Porous ( Pavarava ) . It is a moment in the movie that I was proud of , for my countrymen gave Alexander his bloodiest battle as the movie frankly admits . Porous' smaller army has elephant battalions , and they are used fully to attack Alexander's hordes .

It is glorious sight to see the Indian elephants charging the enemy , and this charge of several war elephants has been filmed well . Porous bravely fights on his war elephant and Alexander's troops are shown being mauled by his elephants trumpeting and trampling the Greeks under their feet . Alexander personally charges Porous's war elephant and the elephant and Alexander's horse raise their front feet at the same time , the horse neighing and elephant trumpeting . Great photography or special effects of that scene . And Porous discharges a javelin that severely injures Alexander . Ironically the wounding inflames Alexander's soldiers and they recover from their mauling and defeat Porous' soldiers .

But the severe handling of his forces by the Indian troops and his personal wound have chastened the conqueror and as son as he recovers Alexander orders the march back to home . But he is destined to never see his homeland again . First his gay lover is struck down by typhus in Babylon bringing Alexander to grief . He blames his wife Roxana for this even though she pleads that she is carrying his child and heir to the empire . But soon he himself is on his deathbed .

It is left to his friend Ptolemy ( Anthony Hopkins ) to complete Alexander's history in old age . His wife Roxana and child are killed by his generals , who divide his empire after his death .

The film has many flashbacks of childhood as Alexander marches on into the unknown , and particularly well filmed is the shot of him taming and riding a horse his father had rejected as too wild . Overall the photography and colours of the film are good . Acting is decent , particularly by Val Kilmer as King Philip . He brings out his brutality well . Music is enthralling and worth a separate hearing . War scenes are decently filmed too . But the gay scenes put off many people are the film received bad ratings in reviews .

But I did feel it had an epic quality about it and watched the full three and a half hours long version of it . I felt it did do justice to the life of the great warrior---Alexander .

Verdict---Decent .

Three stars out of five .
Thatís a monster review! Itís going to take me longer to read the review than to watch the movie.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old September 5th, 2018, 06:06 PM
Napolean Napolean is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 8,995
Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ashdoc's mainstream english movie thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarHarMahaDev View Post
Thatís a monster review! Itís going to take me longer to read the review than to watch the movie.
So you are going to watch it?
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old September 5th, 2018, 08:11 PM
HarHarMahaDev HarHarMahaDev is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MILKY WAY
Posts: 3,256
HarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant future
Re: Ashdoc's mainstream english movie thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
So you are going to watch it?
I saw it a long time ago. Itís a good movie. Worth a watch.

The war with Puru is pretty good. It shows how he whooped Alexanderís ass.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old September 5th, 2018, 08:18 PM
sgars's Avatar
sgars sgars is online now
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mid West
Posts: 8,451
sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ashdoc's mainstream english movie thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarHarMahaDev View Post
That’s a monster review! It’s going to take me longer to read the review than to watch the movie.
Quoting the most relevnt part of the review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
and their love scene is more like a wrestling match with the completely nude Roxana's big boobs hanging like giant udders as they wrestle .
Docji, who plaus Roxana
__________________
This is quite a game, politics. There are no permanent enemies, and no permanent friends,only permanent interests. - Some Firang
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old September 5th, 2018, 09:18 PM
ashdoc ashdoc is online now
senior echarchan
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8,490
ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ashdoc's mainstream english movie thread

Rosario Dawson plays Roxana .
__________________
-----
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old September 14th, 2018, 11:34 AM
ashdoc ashdoc is online now
senior echarchan
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8,490
ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ashdoc's mainstream english movie thread

Endless love ( 1981 )



This film is for the aficionados of mushy romance and also for aficionados of hot bedroom scenes , though many hot scenes were cut by the director to our eternal chagrin in order to get the film an R rating instead of an X rating . Those cut scenes featured the stunningly beautiful Brooke Shields in the full glory of nudity , but we do get to see her lovely breasts in one lovemaking scene .

In Chicago , Jade ( Brooke Shields ) is in a relationship with David ( Martin Hewitt ) . She is only fifteen , but she has a liberal mother who allows her to have sex openly with David inside the house . In fact , mother ( played by Shirley Knight ) watches the two make love in full nudity from a secret corner on the staircase and is dazzled by the sight and by David's youthful body to the extent that she secretly develops an attraction for him .

But of course , Jade's father and brother are not so welcoming about the open bouts of sex played in their house at such a tender age and brother frankly admits that he regrets introducing David to Jade . But the nightly arousals have taken a toll on Jade and her grades in school drop and she steals sleeping pills to sleep . This finally angers her father and he orders David to stay away from their house for a month .

But David can't stay away from Jade....frankly any male allowed to make open love to the luscious Brooke Shields would develop an addiction for her....and David's addiction is incurable....as one of Brooke Shields' admirers , I can understand...

So David tries to do some attention drawing antics like setting fire to papers outside Jade's house , but the ploy misfires and the whole house is burnt down . David is tried in court and is sent to mental hospital . He tries to contact Jade but in vain . He throws a hysterical fit and convinces his parents to use their political connections to get him out . When Jade's father learns that David is out he explodes in fury .

David meets Jade's mother in order to contact Jade , but the mother tries to make love to him herself . But David is in endless love with Jade and does not respond even though the mother is quite attractive herself . He wants Jade and Jade only and goes to meet her inspite of a court order not to meet her on pain of jail . But her father sees him and rushes to attack him on a street , only to be crushed by a speeding car . His new girlfriend sees David .

Finally Jade comes to say goodbye to David , but he pins her down till she is forced to admit her love for him . But her father's girlfriend recognises David as the boy who refused to help when Jade's father was lying half dead , and a violent fight develops between Jade's brother and David leaving Jade in shock . David is sent to jail for five years for evading the court order and trying to meet Jade , but his efforts have achieved their goal if such a terrible price of going to jail is at all worth it all ; Jade regularly starts coming to the jail to meet David . Endless love indeed....

The movie was declared the worst of all movies in 1981 , but it is certainly better than such ignominy . It has beautiful and sentimental background music , and a beautiful song called 'Endless love' . Also there is something to savour in the saga of Jade and David's endless love . And it does have a real story .

Verdict---Decent .

Three stars out of five .
__________________
-----

Last edited by ashdoc; September 14th, 2018 at 11:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old September 14th, 2018, 12:05 PM
sgars's Avatar
sgars sgars is online now
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mid West
Posts: 8,451
sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ashdoc's mainstream english movie thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
. Those cut scenes featured the stunningly beautiful Brooke Shields in the full glory of nudity , but we do get to see her lovely breasts in one lovemaking scene .
.
That is enough to make me want to check this movie out.
__________________
This is quite a game, politics. There are no permanent enemies, and no permanent friends,only permanent interests. - Some Firang
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old September 18th, 2018, 10:26 AM
Sane Less's Avatar
Sane Less Sane Less is offline
Dead On Arrival is back
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 17,426
Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ashdoc's mainstream english movie thread

Sounds like the original of "Ek Jaan Hai Hum"... maybe a different ending. Agreed, a bad movie
__________________
-----------------------------------------------

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old September 18th, 2018, 03:51 PM
sarv_shaktimaan's Avatar
sarv_shaktimaan sarv_shaktimaan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: satva aasmaan
Posts: 15,969
sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ashdoc's mainstream english movie thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
Endless love ( 1981 )

.
ailaaa.. dhoondh dhoondh ke fillum dekh rela hai romanntik ideas khoj rela hai kya?
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old October 3rd, 2018, 12:02 PM
ashdoc ashdoc is online now
senior echarchan
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8,490
ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ashdoc's mainstream english movie thread

Tora !! Tora !! Tora !! ( japanese signal meaning complete surprise has been achieved )



The film shows the japanese attack on pearl harbour in hawaii that began america's entry into the second world war . The harbour was anchoring the US pacific fleet and many battleships were sunk , thus sending a wave of euphoria among the invading japanese pilots . But as the chief of the japanese combined fleet Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto says at the end of the movie , american aircraft carriers escaped damage as they were not in the harbour and therefore all the japanese did was wake up a sleeping giant and infuriate him . For the era of aircraft carriers was beginning and that of battleships was coming to an end .

However the japanese did achieve complete surprise and did a great deal of damage and killed many sailors . The movie shows how the americans were totally unready for war . The newly installed radar station on a mountain top at hawaii at first had no means to communicate to the main base if they detected anything on radar . Later they did get a phone but their warnings of an air fleet coming were dismissed . It was a sunday morning and no one wanted to be disturbed . They japanese had clearly chosen their timing of attack well .

Actually the earlier part of the movie does show the americans having broken the japanese communication code and thus being able to read any message sent . And a colonel does feel that japan is hell bent on war on reading the messages . But the americans do not realise that japan will strike so deep in the middle of the pacific and feel the attack will come in asia in places like phillipines etc .

When the attack starts , the photography of the fighter jets silhouetted against the rising run is most beautiful , the rising sun also being the flag of japan . The planes attack with torpedoes and bombs . Complete destruction or sinking is achieved of several warships and the yellow flames of the explosions take up the later part of the movie . The american warplanes are parked bunched together on their airfield and therefore make easy targets for the japanese bombers . The japanese bombers attack in two waves and if a third had been launched then the vast oil tankers of hawaii could have been hit and set afire with loss of all stored fuel . But the japanese commander refuses to allow a third strike fearing that american submarines many be searching for them . Actually the japanese fleet of aircraft carriers carrying the striking aircraft was out of detection of the americans for some time .

There is of course the conspiracy theory that american president Roosevelt knew about the impending attack but allowed it to happen so that america could enter the war to protect democracy , but the movie does not show this as it sticks to the official version that america was caught by surprise .

Acting and music and photography is excellent ; the japanese voices sound strident and martial compared to the relaxed americans , but the glaring problem of the version I saw was the lack of subtitles in english for japanese dialogues . So I could only make out what the japanese were saying , and the could see arguments where the pacifists counselling peace were outmaneuvered by the warmongers . Music is all guns booming and trumpets blaring and roll of drums . That's the way I like it , for I like to see war on the silver screen .

Verdict---Good .

Three and a half stars out of five .
__________________
-----

Last edited by ashdoc; October 3rd, 2018 at 12:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ashdoc's Movie Reviews - Yeh Dooriyan ashdoc Films 47 June 11th, 2018 08:36 AM
Ashdoc's movie review---The boy ashdoc Films 0 February 1st, 2016 07:37 PM
Ashdoc's movie review---Tamasha ashdoc Films 0 December 4th, 2015 01:53 PM
Ashdoc's Movie Reviews - Bol ashdoc Films 19 April 25th, 2012 02:16 PM
Ashdoc's movie review--Dam 999 ( 3D ) ashdoc Films 0 November 25th, 2011 12:15 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Site Copyright © eCharcha.Com 2000-2012.