eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Taaza Khabar - Current news

Notices

Taaza Khabar - Current news Discuss the latest news making waves...

Old February 17th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Junior eCharchan

L8Again is on a distinguished road
Re: Salman Screwed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less
Late pai, it is not killing a deer that is the problem but breaking a law. Those deer were endangered and there's a law that protects them. He broke it.

But then, tumhe kya samjhaya... Tumhe to sabhi criminals hi achche lagte hai
abe.. there's no discussion if he broke the law or not.. I know, and I even said he is going to pay the price.. but the fact is he is the true bad boy.. that everyone wants to be, but can't be .. the rest like you, are jealous
Old February 17th, 2006, 01:43 PM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Again
but if it was a deer that he hunted, I do hope he relished the meat, cuz I have heard a lot of great things about deer meat being dellllllicious....
I've tried Venison Stew... it's ok ... Mujhe to kuch khaas nahi laga...
Old February 17th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
abe.. there's no discussion if he broke the law or not.. I know, and I even said he is going to pay the price.. but the fact is he is the true bad boy.. that everyone wants to be, but can't be .. the rest like you, are jealous
were you the guy that posted on rediff? I read this morning, a guy went 'a lot of ministers serve deer meat in marriage parties. whatz the big deal?' Duh itz a blackbuck
Old February 17th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
okay... got you so you want to be bad... baaaaad go ahead... I want to too... but not by going around killing people or animals... there are other ways of being baaaaaad

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old February 17th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Axecuse Me?

dawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud of

Any guesses how many weeks before he gets out of there? I am thinking 3 weeks max......paise de dila ke nikal jaayega....but great job for our law to atleast sentence him!!
Old February 18th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Junior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less
okay... got you so you want to be bad... baaaaad go ahead... I want to too... but not by going around killing people or animals... there are other ways of being baaaaaad
See, that's the whole point ... you can't go around bashing people, he can.. you can't go around screwing the most hottest girl in bollywood ( i think its katrina kaif for him nowadays), he can even at the age of 40+. He's like that 18 yr. old that never got out of high school... As far as killing animals, I know it is wrong, and how much it must be hurtful to yall cuz its against the law, as if none of you has ever done anything illegal or ever given a bribe to an indian hawaldar... c'mon what's the big deal.. he did it, becaus he CAN ...
Old February 18th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
See, that's the whole point ... you can't go around bashing people, he can.. you can't go around screwing the most hottest girl in bollywood ( i think its katrina kaif for him nowadays), he can even at the age of 40+. He's like that 18 yr. old that never got out of high school... As far as killing animals, I know it is wrong, and how much it must be hurtful to yall cuz its against the law, as if none of you has ever done anything illegal or ever given a bribe to an indian hawaldar... c'mon what's the big deal.. he did it, becaus he CAN ...
What is your point?We are raising our voice because we are jealous of him?
As if we have not raised our voice against anybody else.
Bribing someone is equal to the offence of killing an endangered species?
Old February 18th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Peace Lover

Suhasini has a reputation beyond reputeSuhasini has a reputation beyond reputeSuhasini has a reputation beyond reputeSuhasini has a reputation beyond reputeSuhasini has a reputation beyond reputeSuhasini has a reputation beyond reputeSuhasini has a reputation beyond reputeSuhasini has a reputation beyond reputeSuhasini has a reputation beyond reputeSuhasini has a reputation beyond reputeSuhasini has a reputation beyond repute

May Jesus help this poor soul. It was not his fault that he killed the animals. Dont put animals at par with humans. Human life is precious. He should be forgiven and should be asked to serve at a local church . I am sure Sweet Lord Jesus will rescue him from the clutches of these people who have arrested him on the basis of religion.

So dear EC's donot rejoice over this sad news. It really sadened me by the mere fact that all of you here really enjoyed the arrest of Solomon. What can I say when most of you here are against all those who do beleive in Christ
!

Amen

-Sister Suhasini

-Sister Suhasini

Jesus is the Saviour !!

Those who surrender to the Lord , get a place in heaven - Sister Suhasini
Old February 18th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

ye lo mil gaya sabko Suhasini ka expert opinion.
Let me make one thing clear.Nobody enjoyed arrest of Salman.We enjoyed the arrest of a criminal.
Old February 18th, 2006, 01:00 PM
Junior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean
What is your point?We are raising our voice because we are jealous of him?
Are y'all jealous? Well, more precisely, its called Schadenfreude. The dictionary meaning of this is below:

schadenfreude \SHOD-n-froy-duh\, noun:
A malicious satisfaction obtained from the misfortunes of others.

Shadenfreude. From the German words, Schaden and Freude, damage and joy. It means to take spiteful, malicious delight in the misfortune of others. We used to dismiss this as simply an ugly side of human nature, but it is much
much more than that. Recently a Stanford professor actually captured Schadenfreude on a brain scan. Itís a physiological medical phenomenon. When we see others fall it sometimes causes a chemical to be released in the
dorsal striatum of the brain which actually causes us to feel pleasure. If you watch the news or read the papers, you would see the undeniable delicious joy of the media and the public over Salman Khan's plight. I have no doubt that you want Salman Khan to be punished. He flirts around, bashes people up, don't care a damn for the media, and the girls still go crazy over him despite of all his acts. He's cold, materialistic, and it might bring you all pleasure to see him go to jail. But as for the amount of hate that y'all have for him, all his actions do not justify it at all. The only possible route to the justification of this amount of hate here is Schadenfreude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean
Bribing someone is equal to the offence of killing an endangered species?
Is this a rhetorical question or are you really asking? cuz with all due respect, bribing might very well be a more dangerous offense than killing an endangered species.
Old February 18th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Senior eCharchan

what it has to do with misfortune?
He committed crime and has to be punished.Like everyone else.It is as simple as that.
Also,what is this ranting about he gets to do everything we cannot do.What is the point in that discussion?
Old February 18th, 2006, 03:23 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhasini
May Jesus help this poor soul. It was not his fault that he killed the animals. Dont put animals at par with humans. Human life is precious. He should be forgiven and should be asked to serve at a local church . I am sure Sweet Lord Jesus will rescue him from the clutches of these people who have arrested him on the basis of religion.

So dear EC's donot rejoice over this sad news. It really sadened me by the mere fact that all of you here really enjoyed the arrest of Solomon. What can I say when most of you here are against all those who do beleive in Christ
!

Amen

-Sister Suhasini
you are one sick momma....[Kramer style]...
Old February 18th, 2006, 08:43 PM
eCharchan

Cooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond repute

I still feel the judge should have abided by his request to end his misery:

http://www.outlookindia.com/pti_news.asp?id=348097

Would have been good riddance.
Old February 20th, 2006, 10:56 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Why I pity or sympathise with Salman.

Salman is a star and in public eye. His every action will be splashed in the media.

Recently Tiger Pataudi was also charged with hunting some endangered species. What happened to that case? No arrests. No charges. No more media coverage. Nothing.

So why single out Salman? Wait, hear me out.

Salman killed a few animals. It does not mean he is innocent. He is guilty. So many poachers do the same by working hand in glove with local authorties. They go unpunished. Both are wrong. Both need to be punished.

However, in India, where human life is not valued, why make a ruckus over some animals? If Salman wont kill them, then some less famous person will and things will continue.

The reason I feel a bit sympathetic with Salman and this episode is that we only hear about poaching and illegal huntig on TV once in a while and then these cases go nowhere. So why even pursue Salman's case? In both types of cases, money is demanded as bribe. So lets leave it at that and go on with our 'Sub Chalta Hain' attitude.

I know Salman is guilty. So if you want to punish him, then do it but dont single him out as if he is the only bad guy. What about the collaborators of Verappan who helped sell sandalwood and tiger skins?

My only point here is that - no one is innocent in this case, but dont single out one guy over the rest.

And you know what - In India money talks and we dont want things to change for the better. So I feel this gives us all a right to some extent to be a bit corrupt ourselves and not get preachy about it.
Old February 20th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha
Why I pity or sympathise with Salman.

Salman is a star and in public eye. His every action will be splashed in the media.

Recently Tiger Pataudi was also charged with hunting some endangered species. What happened to that case? No arrests. No charges. No more media coverage. Nothing.

So why single out Salman? Wait, hear me out.

Salman killed a few animals. It does not mean he is innocent. He is guilty. So many poachers do the same by working hand in glove with local authorties. They go unpunished. Both are wrong. Both need to be punished.

However, in India, where human life is not valued, why make a ruckus over some animals? If Salman wont kill them, then some less famous person will and things will continue.

The reason I feel a bit sympathetic with Salman and this episode is that we only hear about poaching and illegal huntig on TV once in a while and then these cases go nowhere. So why even pursue Salman's case? In both types of cases, money is demanded as bribe. So lets leave it at that and go on with our 'Sub Chalta Hain' attitude.

I know Salman is guilty. So if you want to punish him, then do it but dont single him out as if he is the only bad guy. What about the collaborators of Verappan who helped sell sandalwood and tiger skins?

My only point here is that - no one is innocent in this case, but dont single out one guy over the rest.

And you know what - In India money talks and we dont want things to change for the better. So I feel this gives us all a right to some extent to be a bit corrupt ourselves and not get preachy about it.
correct.He shld not be singled out.
What I hate is when people start saying that he is being punished because he belongs to minority or start giving some pointless arguments.