eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Defense

Notices

Defense Defense and national security...

Old August 12th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Banned

sprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond repute
Re: India no match for China, says Navy chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Sirji mango-people to bahut purana hai...

shayad aap jaise strawberry people ne Love aaj Kal mein dekha hoga
No, I admit I learnt the phrase from there.

that is why I placed it in quotations so that a guy will jump in to confirm same..

landya pra...got ya
Old August 12th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Sirji mango-people to bahut purana hai...

shayad aap jaise strawberry people ne Love aaj Kal mein dekha hoga
I also knew about this before LAK movie ... I somehow feel that the word "mango people" is pretty derogatory ... It is almost like showing a mass for all the common folks ...
Old August 12th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Senior eCharchan

Randheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
What you are saying is true , but India cannot be called ' cunning ' for taking the issue in the UN .
Yes I agree,Indira Gandhi in her late Prime Minister Ship started Good Foreign Policy. Surprisingly the person driving it i.e Foreign Minister Narasimha Rao became the best PM who devised the strategy which India followed and Vajpayee and Later on Pranab MukherJee continued it.

Though Narasimha Rao felt short of exploding the bomb but he devised what Policy India should follow. He was the one who made Israel as major Defence Partner while using Iran to defeat Pakistan in OIC(Organization of Islamic Countries) . Israel and Iran are sworn enemies if you don't know.

Thats why Praksh Karat was quite pained by this consistent foreign policy and wanted to change it as it hurts their Chinese masters.
Old August 12th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Senior eCharchan

Randheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Mao killed 70 million chinese in the 1960s when the population of china was 700 million.
Ok but what did Mao achieved,just he ushered some fast changes,thats all na. Yes Indian rulers who are mainly Hindu Rulers can't be sadist killers to kill our own people but they kill when it is required.

After 20-30 years PVN will be respected as India's Mao who brought drastic change and without much bloodshed. yes where ever it was required he didn't hesitated in doing Violence. He crushed Punjab's Millitants ruthlessly.He crushed Assam's insurgency very ruthlessly. None of the HighJacker's went alive if they were geneuine . Kashmiri militants threw out 5 lakh Kashmiri Pandits and he send in 7 lakh Army .

Vajpayee continued the good work of baiting and nailing pakistan. Then UPA Government came,though internally whatever crap they may have done, Pranab Mukherjee as Foreign Minister carried on the task of PVN and Vajpayee.Let's see now how does Krishna carries it forward.

See unlike Chinese leaders who think lineraly Indian Leaders(good quality,not dynasty ones) think multi dimensional. Linear thinking leads to lots of violence.

Chankaya/Chandragupta did violence where it was most required only.

Last edited by Randheer; August 12th, 2009 at 11:00 AM.
Old August 12th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randheer View Post
Ok but what did Mao achieved,just he ushered some fast changes,thats all na. Yes Indian rulers who are mainly Hindu Rulers can't be sadist killers to kill our own people but they kill when it is required.

After 20-30 years PVN will be respected as India's Mao who brought drastic change and without much bloodshed. yes where ever it was required he didn't hesitated in doing Violence. He crushed Punjab's Millitants ruthlessly.He crushed Assam's insurgency very ruthlessly. None of the HighJacker's went alive if they were geneuine . Kashmiri militants threw out 5 lakh Kashmiri Pandits and he send in 7 lakh Army .

Vajpayee continued the good work of baiting and nailing pakistan. Then UPA Government came,though internally whatever crap they may have done, Pranab Mukherjee as Foreign Minister carried on the task of PVN and Vajpayee.Let's see now how does Krishna carries it forward.

See unlike Chinese leaders who think lineraly Indian Leaders(good quality,not dynasty ones) think multi dimensional. Linear thinking leads to lots of violence.

Chankaya/Chandragupta did violence where it was most required only.
Randheer bhau tell me what is the reason for not taking care of routine legal things like hanging of Afzal Guru, Kasab, etc.?
Old August 12th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Randheer bhau tell me what is the reason for not taking care of routine legal things like hanging of Afzal Guru, Kasab, etc.?
Thats internal politics . Thats style of Congress,a little bit Political gain. Even PVN allowed Babri Mosque to fall and then dismissed 4 BJP state Governments and got Congress Governments there

These things sometime harm the country. But supposedly this time it was fine because Muslims Consolidated behind Congress rather than Samajwadi party or Communists or any other Political party. Congress at least will keep them non violent to an extent. Samajwadi party really spoils them.

To attract Muslims you have to talk and do anti national things,you have to show yourself as a traitor and you have to curse the main religion of the land. Congress re learned the tricks on which Samajwadi party have out smarted them. You have to show to them how much you can fall for them. e.g a section of Congress Party was also calling Batla House encounter fake.

But long term we have to do something about our Muslim Population,may be enable them to settle in Afganistan/Somalia/Middle East in large numbers and probbaly Government is working in that direction. But believe me when ever such situation arises it could happen that 40% of Muslims who enjoy OBC benefits under reservation category like Weavers,Barbers,Tailors,Milkman etc who have corresponding Hindu castes may decalare them as Hindus or a caste of Hinduism . Trust me any funny thing can happen in India

Last edited by Randheer; August 12th, 2009 at 11:19 AM.
Old August 12th, 2009, 01:13 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

PV Narsimha Rao was India's Deng Xiaoping, not Mao .

Deng was the one who brought about capitalist changes in China,not Mao.,just like PVN brought about capitalist changes in India.

Deng also killed people .....the Tiananmen square massacre for example.

But he was not a senseless mass murderer like Mao Zedong.
Old August 12th, 2009, 01:44 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

But long term we have to do something about our Muslim Population,may be enable them to settle in Afganistan/Somalia/Middle East in large numbers and probbaly Government is working in that direction. But believe me when ever such situation arises it could happen that 40% of Muslims who enjoy OBC benefits under reservation category like Weavers,Barbers,Tailors,Milkman etc who have corresponding Hindu castes may decalare them as Hindus or a caste of Hinduism . Trust me any funny thing can happen in India
Randheer ,these ideas are plain loony .No muslim is gonna settle in Afghanistan ,somalia and middle east.

what is going to happen is that their population is going to increase ,and they willl start pushing hindus uot fron regions where they are in a majority.

And they are so fanatic ,they will never cal themselves hindus ,whatever their original caste is.
Old August 12th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thats internal politics . Thats style of Congress,a little bit Political gain. Even PVN allowed Babri Mosque to fall and then dismissed 4 BJP state Governments and got Congress Governments there

These things sometime harm the country. But supposedly this time it was fine because Muslims Consolidated behind Congress rather than Samajwadi party or Communists or any other Political party. Congress at least will keep them non violent to an extent. Samajwadi party really spoils them.

To attract Muslims you have to talk and do anti national things,you have to show yourself as a traitor and you have to curse the main religion of the land. Congress re learned the tricks on which Samajwadi party have out smarted them. You have to show to them how much you can fall for them. e.g a section of Congress Party was also calling Batla House encounter fake.

Quote:
Randheer ,these ideas are plain loony .No muslim is gonna settle in Afghanistan ,somalia and middle east.

what is going to happen is that their population is going to increase ,and they willl start pushing hindus uot fron regions where they are in a majority.

And they are so fanatic ,they will never cal themselves hindus ,whatever their original caste is.
I dont think what you are saying Randheer will ever happen. History of Islam has shown that its always the Muslims who either forcefully convert or kill or drive out non Muslims. Even if the OBC and reservation quota advantages are huge to the Indian Muslims, there are many radicals who will never let this happen.

So its nice to think that such a situation might arise, but will not.

The only advantage I see of this reservation quota for Muslims is that they wont screw up too much in India so that they can enjoy the benefits of such hand outs. Beyond that I dont think any Muslim from India will want to go to any other Islamic state.
Old August 12th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

me also second that ... infact my philosophical ones are not that bouncy as compared to what RandheerBhau has mentioned here
Old August 12th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: India no match for China, says Navy chief

Quote:
Chinese are pretty straight forward
Quote:

But long term we have to do something about our Muslim Population,may be enable them to settle in Afganistan/Somalia/Middle East in large numbers and probbaly Government is working in that direction. But believe me when ever such situation arises it could happen that 40% of Muslims who enjoy OBC benefits under reservation category like Weavers,Barbers,Tailors,Milkman etc who have corresponding Hindu castes may decalare them as Hindus or a caste of Hinduism
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by landyaBhai View Post
me also second that ... infact my philosophical ones are not that bouncy as compared to what RandheerBhau has mentioned here
Old August 12th, 2009, 05:18 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Randheerbhai

In a country where men and women kiss genitals of holy-men out of reverence ... me being an elderly man ... twice your age ... expecting similar respectful treatment ... so and now ... I declare BS ... a long list of wishful thinking ... your last few posts in this thread ... don't you think?
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old August 12th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Senior eCharchan

krantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: India no match for China, says Navy chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi View Post
Randheerbhai

In a country where men and women kiss genitals of holy-men out of reverence ... me being an elderly man ... twice your age ... expecting similar respectful treatment ... so and now ... I declare BS ... a long list of wishful thinking ... your last few posts in this thread ... don't you think?
Tantrik bhau !! Don't jump to conclusions yet.... I don't want to sound like devil's advicate .. yet ... I don't think any Baba in India got to a point yet where he could get people to kiss his willie in open public. You know about communication ... the way it changes for fun and in deliberation... Imagine this baba... famous to do magic tricks ... brings things from nowhere, from his armpits (ya, your favorite spot), and from his hairs (on head of course)... he does one trick.... POOF .... he brings out this Sinv Lingam from his hair.... obviously crowd will go AAAHhhh .... and he will command each one in the crowd to kiss the Lingam.... And there is a notorious journalist who is looking for scams and scandals ... will print in his headlines .... "Millions Kiss Lingam in Baba's Hands"... You know what it sounds like ... don't you ?
Old August 12th, 2009, 08:46 PM
senior echarchan

The article below clearly shows that indians are stupid strategic thinkers .They allowed Pak occupied kashmir to remain with pakistan when they should have captured it in 1948 .Today the same region boasts a highway passing arms directly from China to pak .

Gilgit and Baltistan - Strategic Relevance

Vikram Sood

Gilgit and Baltistan are parts of India, as much as the rest of the J & K state is, but this region does not seem to figure too prominently on our collective radar screen. Instead, we seem to have made the sanctity of the LOC an article of faith and never “violate” it even though Pakistan began its invasion on India on October 22, 1947 and has continued to violate the LOC since the cease-fire 56 years ago. The implication is that we are prepared to negotiate on the basis of the LOC as a boundary. Our media or our weather bureau seems to have forgotten this area also. Weather maps of the region do not show conditions in Gilgit, Skardu or Diamar like PTV, which never fails to tell us the weather conditions in Srinagar and Baramullah in ‘Maqbooza’ Kashmir. These are symbolisms but are important ones.

Although most of us know the strategic importance of J&K and the symbolism attached to multi-religious but predominantly Muslim J&K, to our ideals of secularism and nationhood, strategic issues connected with Gilgit and Baltistan are quite often not very central in our thought processes. Maybe one could get a better idea if one imagined that what we showed on our maps reflected reality on the ground. If we had what we show on our maps then the reality would have been something like this.
India would have had a border with NWFP – something that Pakistan could not tolerate given its sensitivities about the Durand Line, and the fear that India could play up this issue, and the traditionally friendly India-Afghan relations would be a disadvantage for Pakistan. All the waters of Indus and its tributaries would have substantially flown through Indian territory making the feudal farmers of Pakistan Punjab even more dependent on India. Domel, Muzaffarabad and the Haji Pir Bulge would have been in India’s control making GHQ Rawalpindi more vulnerable. India would have had access to Afghanistan through the Wakhan corridor – not the easiest of routes, but not unsurpassable, and definitely not at the mercy of Pakistan. The Karakoram Highway would not have existed and Pakistan would not have got its clandestine supplies from China and North Korea. China would not have had access to Gwadar and be able to connect Kashgar with Gwadar; nor would it have kept Pakistan supplied with lethal material clandestinely through the Karakoram Highway to counterbalance India.

There would not have been any terrorists hiding in the Neelam Valley to be launched into India and there would not have been any Kargil adventure nor the need for any troops on the heights of Siachen. There would not possibly have been displaced Mirpuris from the Mangla Dam reservoir area to migrate to the UK and form the core of anti-Indian protest in Europe. But even more crucial than the POK area, has been the Gilgit Baltistan area, and this is the one that does not figure in our strategic thinking, because this is the one that sits on the routes to China and Central Asia. The Karakoram Highway and the strategic Gwadar port close to the Gulf of Oman and the Persian Gulf provide China vital access to the sea-lanes in the area. The US as inheritor of British imperial interests, in pursuit of Cold War first and then its new doctrine of pre-emption, would need this corridor to have access to the troubled Xinjiang.

http://www.indiandefencereview.com/a...Relevance.html

Last edited by ashdoc; August 12th, 2009 at 08:53 PM.
Old August 13th, 2009, 01:39 AM
eCharchan

Mr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond repute

quite a heavy discussion happening here

I read in history that we(India) have invaded pakistan once or twice and occupied territory upto lahore. And we gave up all of it to them and stepped back. Moreover we gave up hlaf of kashmir to them.

Also read about Israel doing similar thing, they clean up entire mess in palestine and go back to previous border lines.

I always wondered why India/Israel acted this way. A possible answer is the violent nature of muslims, even if we occupie pakistan and clean the mess there ..they will not allow us live peacefully. They will always fight ...till the whole world is not islamisized.

We were experimenting with the muslim psyche, if we leave half of kashmir to pakistan probably they will be happy and they will leave the kashmir issue. But, that is not the case...they are not going to change.

My 2 cents.