eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Defense

Notices

Defense Defense and national security...

Old August 12th, 2009, 03:16 AM
Senior eCharchan

ramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond repute
Re: India no match for China, says Navy chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
Ramrajya , you call me delusional .Then what is this ....

Look ,you seem to be angry I called you a layman,but its not an taunt or anything .

It merely means you dont have expert knowledge of this topic.

If an engineer called me a layman ,I would freely accept it.

In military affairs ,I am not an expert either , but at least I am an enthusiast .

Saying that one single unit of China can conquer India in less than 24 hrs is not correct at all.
Arrey Daagdar Saheb , see my response to rameshp's reply , I was being sarcastic abt 24 hrs , and I fully agree I am a layman in defence matters but for obvious deductions you don't have to be an expert.
Angry hoo merey dushmann , Kaunsi darro pee hui hai , Jai babajee kee
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill Muhammad Ali
Old August 12th, 2009, 03:17 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprite View Post
Yes I agree with him

See doc, in a nuclear war everyone will be cremated equal! It is very unconventional that a chief of certain arm of armed forces goes to public and declare that India will shit in its pants if china attacks us. What you failed to see was that he talked about wide difference in expenditure of both countries. That is the catchword. He wants to create fear psychosis among India people (through voracious Indian media) so that later government can justify increasing defence budget

Yes India is cunning. Why do you think Sl is closer to India when it get arms from pukistan, why India can dictate terms to Nepal, why crown prince of bhutan visits India now and then (I have met him personally ), why India is not returning millions of bangladeshi refugees and sticking to water treaties. Yes each one of them is a thorn but tell me one country in this world which doesn't have bitter relations with its neighbours (leave europe).

Indian governement and think-tanks are far too mature and intelligent to make sense to 'mango-people' like us
If we are so cunning ,Then why did we take the kashmir issue to the United Nations in the first place ....and give the UN the chance to call it a ' disputed territory ' in the first place .......
Old August 12th, 2009, 03:28 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramrajya View Post
Arrey Daagdar Saheb , see my response to rameshp's reply , I was being sarcastic abt 24 hrs , and I fully agree I am a layman in defence matters but for obvious deductions you don't have to be an expert.
Angry hoo merey dushmann , Kaunsi darro pee hui hai , Jai babajee kee
Okay ,maybe I didn't take your original post correctly .You are being sarcastic ,as I note now......

I took more notice of Ramesh's post.

He seems to have done the same mistake as me.
Old August 12th, 2009, 03:30 AM
Banned

sprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If we are so cunning ,Then why did we take the kashmir issue to the United Nations in the first place ....and give the UN the chance to call it a ' disputed territory ' in the first place .......
When was that? Iam sure nehru must have done that long back! Dont you know that India has refused any UN intervention, be it discussion or peacetime force deployment, when it comes to kashmir issue. India has strict stand when it comes to internationalisation of kashmir issue. Moreover, is UN maai-baap that its word is final? It is just another doll-house (like our president palace in delhi)...the way every country (like US for iraq war) takes it for a ride...it is just another laughing-stock in eyes of foreign ministeries of all its members states...its high time it commits suicide!!
If they cannot accomodate India as permamnent member of security council then, as a citizen of this country, do you really respect UN or its stand on various issues? I dont think so...I wil never
Old August 12th, 2009, 03:35 AM
Apna bhi Awazzzzz........

jana05 has a reputation beyond reputejana05 has a reputation beyond reputejana05 has a reputation beyond reputejana05 has a reputation beyond reputejana05 has a reputation beyond reputejana05 has a reputation beyond reputejana05 has a reputation beyond reputejana05 has a reputation beyond reputejana05 has a reputation beyond reputejana05 has a reputation beyond reputejana05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
there is no language named chinese...itz mandarin and cantonese...two major languages spoken in china!! its like some foreigner guy asking you 'do you speak Indian?"...

aaah.....yes.... I remember, from the Russell Peters joke bunch. Thanks for correcting me
Old August 12th, 2009, 03:36 AM
senior echarchan

Quote:
When was that? Iam sure nehru must have done that long back! Dont you know that India has refused any UN intervention, be it discussion or peacetime force deployment, when it comes to kashmir issue. India has strict stand when it comes to internationalisation of kashmir issue. Moreover, is UN maai-baap that its word is final? It is just another doll-house (like our president palace in delhi)...the way every country (like US for iraq war) takes it for a ride...it is just another laughing-stock in eyes of foreign ministeries of all its members states...its high time it commits suicide!!
If they cannot accomodate India as permamnent member of security council then, as a citizen of this country, do you really respect UN or its stand on various issues? I dont think so...I wil never
What you are saying is true , but India cannot be called ' cunning ' for taking the issue in the UN .

The UN may not be important , but why take the issue there and expect it to favour us?

That is being naive ,isn't it ?
Old August 12th, 2009, 03:41 AM
Banned

sprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What you are saying is true , but India cannot be called ' cunning ' for taking the issue in the UN .

The UN may not be important , but why take the issue there and expect it to favour us?

That is being naive ,isn't it ?
Did India rake up this issue (for broad-discussions and decision making) recently? 25 years? I dont remember...the only time I heard this issue alongwith UN was when nehru went on AIR and talked about free and fair election by kashmiri people to know their preference for siding with india or pukistan in the presence of UN watchDOGS

After that every year our represenatative goes to UNGA and talks about paki-sponsored terrorism in kasmir- and kashmir is categorically mentioned as a state of india in these speeches.

Anyways. go to archives..there is plenty of stuff on this topic there. We had discussed in it length.

Last edited by sprite; August 12th, 2009 at 03:44 AM.
Old August 12th, 2009, 03:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jana05 View Post
aaah.....yes.... I remember, from the Russell Peters joke bunch. Thanks for correcting me
lol..I actually picked it from there ...

Itz fun to see this 'canadian' taking pot-shots at chinese names every now and then....
Old August 12th, 2009, 03:54 AM
senior echarchan

Quote:
Did India rake up this issue (for broad-discussions and decision making) recently? 25 years? I dont remember...the only time I heard this issue alongwith UN was when nehru went on AIR and talked about free and fair election by kashmiri people to know their preference for siding with india or pukistan in the presence of UN watchDOGS

After that every year our represenatative goes to UNGA and talks about paki-sponsored terrorism in kasmir- and kashmir is categorically mentioned as a state of india in these speeches.

Anyways. go to archives..there is plenty of stuff on this topic there. We had discussed in it length.
Sardar vallabhbhai patel tried to stop nehru from taking the issue to the UN.

Historians universally acknowledge that the issue should not have been taken to UN.

Other mistakes like giving the haji pir pass to pakistan back after capturing it in the 1965 war , or giving back the 90'000 prisoners captured by us in 1971 without making pak agree to legitimise indian held kashmir as india's ,show a marked lack of diplomatic skill.

Today the same haji pir pass is a major conduit for terrorists from pak.

I K GUJRAL'S exposure of all RAW agents in Pak shows only our stupidity.He thought he would earn goodwill.

We cannot be called cunning , by any means.
Old August 12th, 2009, 04:11 AM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute

those chinks can kill us with their kung-fu......and over kushti or latthbaazi wouldnt work against them at all.....
Old August 12th, 2009, 04:17 AM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
:d

Okay ... keeping in mind today's TOI news item quoting Chinese newspaper about breaking up India in 20 or 30 pieces ... why does China need to attack India? No need. China and Pakistan got enough sympathizers within to wrack all the havoc they wish to upon India. All they have to do is Wait and come-in to clean up the mess like vultures ... like India in former east Pakistan ... noh? .

Hint: India-US nuclear treaty debacle in Indian parliament! Chinese sympathizers did everything possible to de-rail the agreement ... noh? Yes? They almost succeeded ... if not for the patience and diplomatic efforts of our best friend ever ... President Bush!

I tend to disagree ... India a cunning country ... give me a break. I got a solution ... makes it a rule ... all diplomats be born and 100% guaranteed Marwaris, Gujjus, and the Punjabis ... now that will be cunning ... some cunning! Bhaiyaas and Biharis are cunning too but Lalu has given them bad rep which will take few generations to clean/remove. Retire all Mahrathas as well as rest of south Indians from diplomatic core ... no shit. Another problem solved. Cunning as cunning can be ... razor edge cunning ... marwaris, Gujju, and Punjabi combination cunning. By the way ... Nehru was a fucking stupid to bring Kashmir issue to UN. Let's not debate over Nehru's conduct.

With all due respects ... no intention to offend ... just being realistic.

You want to solve India's Pakistan problem? I got a solution ... too. Form a few regiments of our Muslims ... 100% guaranteed true blue ... Feroz Khan type ... no Dileep, Shabo, or Maesh type of Paki sympathizers. Having formed such force ... for one term give command of army, neavy, and airforce to qualified Muslim generals and give them orders to fuck the bastards. Another problem solved.

With all due respects ... no intention to offend ... just being realistic.

Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!

Last edited by tantric_yogi; August 12th, 2009 at 04:39 AM.
Old August 12th, 2009, 06:06 AM
Senior eCharchan

Randheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond repute

Chankaya has prescribed a Policy of "Chal" or Deceit in State Policy which indian rulers forgot to follow in medival period but surprisingly Indian Government Post Nehru follows it. I must give credit for this to Sanjay Gandhi .

Chinese are pretty straight forward and Pakistani though little bit chaalu but can't stretch beyond a point. They can fool only Americans.

One example of Chinese and Indian Policy difference is that China carries away straight forward 1200-2000 executions, while Indian Government hardly does any executions but there are 2000-3000 encounters
Old August 12th, 2009, 07:01 AM
senior echarchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randheer View Post

One example of Chinese and Indian Policy difference is that China carries away straight forward 1200-2000 executions, while Indian Government hardly does any executions but there are 2000-3000 encounters
Mao killed 70 million chinese in the 1960s when the population of china was 700 million.

That is 1/10th of china's population of that time.

Is there any indian counterpart to that?

No ,there isn't .

The truth is that china is far more brutal than India.

Read about ' Great leap forward ' --a famine brought about by the Chinese govt in this link ----------
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/15224/

Also this cut and paste job

------------The tens of millions of Chinese who died of hunger in Mao Zedong's disastrous Great Leap Forward will never have a museum, Jasper Becker states bleakly in the closing lines of this book.

Instead, Becker writes, as Mao's successors continue to suppress much of the truth about the 1959~2 famine-the worst in China's long history-the spirits of those victims "seem destined to remain hungry ghosts, unplacated by any memorial or apology." With "Hungry Ghosts" Becker has helped make sure that those dead will not be completely forgotten, nor the madness that killed them.

"Hungry Ghosts" isn't the first account of the famine. But Becker, a journalist who covers China for the respected Hong Kong daily South China Morning Post and has also written for British publications, has interviewed survivors and looked through communist Party records to add a wealth of devastating detail- both about the disaster itself and about the colossal lies and official callousness that caused the famine, prolonged it and protected those responsible from being held accountable for their acts.

Becker's careful research also strengthens the case against Mao as one of history's most lethal tyrants, a mad dreamer who sacrificed millions of lives in pursuing his fantasies of revolutionary transformation.

In advance of the Leap, the Communist Party poured out extravagant promises of wealth and plenty. Terrified of being punished if they appeared to question Mao's policy, officials across China announced ridiculously high targets for the 1959 harvest. When the actual crop came nowhere near the goal, they simply made up false figures, often exaggerating the real harvest by three or four times.

The problem, as Becker documents in crushing detail, was that in setting their absurd targets, these officials had-also made unattainable promises to increase grain deliveries to the state authorities. Coming up short would acknowledge the failure of Mao's new commune system and farming methods and would expose their own false reports. So, "trapped by their own lies," as Becker observes, local authorities seized every ounce of grain they could find to meet their quotas - even if it left the peasants with nothing to eat.

As starvation began-to set in, anyone who tried to tell the truth was denounced as an enemy of the party. In a "climate of megalomania, make-believe, lies and brutality," officials from Mao on down responded to the spreading famine by pretending it didn't exist. In one county, Becker discovered, officials seeking to conceal the death toll in the countryside issued regulations forbidding "crying and wailing" and traditional mourning clothes, and ordered peasants to plant crops over fresh graves.

Among the top Communist leaders, only the tough old Red Army general Peng Dehuai had the courage to confront Mao about the famine. For his honesty, Peng was denounced and demoted from the leadership (he would later be imprisoned, tortured and killed). After Peng's downfall, all his senior colleagues -including Zhou Enlai and Deng Xiaoping, the two Communist leaders most praised in the West -were cowed into silence. Their cowardice condemned China's peasantry to two more years of misery and death before Mao grudgingly allowed some modification of the Great Leap program.

The exact death toll is hard to determine, though Becker generally supports an estimate by the American demographer Judith Banister of 30 million. The list of victims doesn't end there, however. Barely five years after the Great Leap ended, a vengeful Mao unleashed the next cycle of madness, the Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution-intended, at least in part, to strike down those who Mao believed had undermined his grandiose plan.

For a variety of reasons (one being that Deng himself and many other prominent party leaders were among the victims) Mao's successors were quick to condemn him for the Cultural Revolution. But they have said very little about the Great Leap Forward or the millions of anonymous peasants who bore the brunt of that disaster. China's continuing effort to hide the past makes Becker's careful, thorough reporting on the famine all the more impressive. It also makes "Hungry Ghosts" an even more important and valuable work, ~ pulling aside a curtain of official | lies to show us one of the most brutal and needless follies in all human history.

http://www.lightparty.com/Misc/Starvation.html

Last edited by ashdoc; August 12th, 2009 at 07:20 AM.
Old August 12th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Indian governement and think-tanks are far too mature and intelligent to make sense to 'mango-people' like us
Love Aaj Kal, kab dekha ... bol ab tu ...
Old August 12th, 2009, 08:49 AM
Senior eCharchan

aragorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by landyaBhai View Post
Love Aaj Kal, kab dekha ... bol ab tu ...

Sirji mango-people to bahut purana hai...

shayad aap jaise strawberry people ne Love aaj Kal mein dekha hoga