eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Defense

Notices

Defense Defense and national security...

Old August 11th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: India no match for China, says Navy chief

Randheer bhau,

Your analysis is correct I think. It reminds me of an episode of South Park called 'Chinpokomon' where the Japanese come to USA and sell toys (its a satire of PokeMon) and to fool the Americans they keep saying 'American man has big penis, huge penis' and 'Its honor to be in same room as big penis'. This fools the Americans and the Japanese get on with their plan. Its a fun episode. All of you must watch it for its political satire.
Old August 11th, 2009, 10:07 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: India no match for China, says Navy chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randheer View Post

But see what happened to them in last 10 years. Now they are getting their own Hounds killed by American Drones and begging money for it .
yeah , and we have to forget the terror attacks that pak does with impunity . do you think that any other country have such a great advantage over pak of resources and size would have allowed pak to do this to it ?
Old August 11th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Senior eCharchan

ramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
Ramrajya obviously is a layman.......
agreed saar
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill Muhammad Ali
Old August 11th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Junior eCharchan

alok is on a distinguished road

Glad to learn that Center for China Studies exists in India. We really need think tanks that can analyse and devise long term strategies wrt our neighbors - not sure if this organization does that job well or how well.

There seem to be two things in play here -
  1. Pressurising tactics from China - a "strategist" talking about China splitting India
  2. Our navy chief saying China is stronger (which may be a reality)

The context is the 13th Sino-Indian border talks (7-8 Aug 2009). The "strategist" part is understandable, but why is our navy chief talking about India being weak? Maybe the mandarins want public opinion to be rallied around a "compromise" for the border dispute.

The army and air force folks did not make a statement. Perhaps they did not want to be identified with leading the "compromise".

Most of what I wrote is speculation but still, not very sure if we really have a cohesive long term strategy wrt China.
Old August 11th, 2009, 11:57 PM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: India no match for China, says Navy chief

The last I heard is the USA along with German assistance is building unmanned Air force war planes. F35 will be their last manned war plane. This is the military advance made by the US. Where are we? Tejas is still trying to take to the skies leave alone firing missiles. Even the engine is imported it seems.

China has amassed weapons. It has a huge communist army. The Germans lost the WW2 primarily because they did not have enough submarines to give a lethal punch to the Brits.India has commissioned '1' nuclear submarine with Russian assistance.

Now diplomatically thanks to Nehru's genes running thru the Kangress guts we are neither with the Americans NOR now with the Russians.

The only option left is not fight the war at all. Let the Chinese come in! Just like the Muslims now are called Indians and are an integral part of the country, we can even call the Chinese as Indians. Simple. We dont value the Hindu religion at all in any case and we are already secular, the DMK and Communists of W.Bengal are aeithests anyways we'll have more! We'll just have bigger China towns within India than the one in Calcutta that we have currently, thats all. See the foresight of our Chachaji Nehru baba he already had devised a slogan "Hindi Cheeni Bhai Bhai"!

Last edited by viking; August 12th, 2009 at 12:00 AM.
Old August 12th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Banned

sprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond repute

I told the same stuff a month back and strategists of echarcha thrashed me

repeating it again..

the day china roars....India is finished!!
Old August 12th, 2009, 12:24 AM
Instant Mischief

Budmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: India no match for China, says Navy chief

India is surrounded by dirty neighourers and has been busy in cold war. Stupid countries like Pakistan are the biggest problem for us. Keeping India busy with this is benefitting to China only.

We are forced to say HINDI-CHINI Bhai-Bhai ... . no other option remains.
I'm worried seriously.

पंडित नेहरू वाली गलती दोहरा रहे हैं हम?
12 Aug, 2009 l 0904 hrs IST
1962 में पंडित नेहरू चीन को पंचशील और शांति का संदेश देते रहे और उस देश ने भारत की पीठ में छुरा घोंप दिया। अब जब चीन के नापाक इरादे जाहिर हो गए हैं तो यूपीए सरकार उन्हें फिर पंचशील की याद दिला रही है। बजाय अपनी सुरक्षा के लिए बेहतर नीति बनाने और चीन को यह जताने, कि इस बार उसने कोई कुचेष्टा की तो इसका परिणाम अच्छा नहीं होगा, सरकार इस बात को हल्के में ले रही है। क्या पंडित नेहरू की एतिहासिक गलती हम फिर दोहराने वाले हैं?
Old August 12th, 2009, 12:48 AM
Apna bhi Awazzzzz........

jana05 has a reputation beyond reputejana05 has a reputation beyond reputejana05 has a reputation beyond reputejana05 has a reputation beyond reputejana05 has a reputation beyond reputejana05 has a reputation beyond reputejana05 has a reputation beyond reputejana05 has a reputation beyond reputejana05 has a reputation beyond reputejana05 has a reputation beyond reputejana05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprite View Post

repeating it again..

Nope I don't think India would be finished. Get ready to start learning Chinese...
Old August 12th, 2009, 01:01 AM
Banned

sprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jana05 View Post
Nope I don't think India would be finished. Get ready to start learning Chinese...
there is no language named chinese...itz mandarin and cantonese...two major languages spoken in china!! its like some foreigner guy asking you 'do you speak Indian?"...
Old August 12th, 2009, 01:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
yeah , and we have to forget the terror attacks that pak does with impunity . do you think that any other country have such a great advantage over pak of resources and size would have allowed pak to do this to it ?
you are a layman when it comes to strategic affairs
Old August 12th, 2009, 01:31 AM
Senior eCharchan

ramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think he is delusional , layman atleast knows his limitations
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill Muhammad Ali
Old August 12th, 2009, 02:10 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramrajya View Post
One single Naval unit of China will be able to conquer India in less than 24 hours.
Ramrajya , you call me delusional .Then what is this ....

Look ,you seem to be angry I called you a layman,but its not an taunt or anything .

It merely means you dont have expert knowledge of this topic.

If an engineer called me a layman ,I would freely accept it.

In military affairs ,I am not an expert either , but at least I am an enthusiast .

Saying that one single unit of China can conquer India in less than 24 hrs is not correct at all.

Last edited by ashdoc; August 12th, 2009 at 02:36 AM.
Old August 12th, 2009, 02:15 AM
senior echarchan

Quote:
Are you agreeing with Randheer here.......about India being a ' cunning ' power , using diplomatic skill and military ' might ' etc ?
Old August 12th, 2009, 03:00 AM
senior echarchan

Quote:

repeating it again..

I didn't trash you ,I merely argued that if we spend more money on defence ,and build our armed forces ,and not let arms aquisitions get bogged down in corruption scandals ,it is possible to build a credible defence on the northeastern frontier against china .

We can use the mountainous terrain to our advantage if we have the political will to build up our armed forces.

It cannot be considered a hopeless case.......but only if the will is there to spend money and bolster our armed forces before it is too late.

Of course , in the current scenario ,we seem to be moving to military disadvantage even with pakistan.

If you look at that post ,I didnt say that we are having the capability to hold China off at present......but it is possible to build it ( if the will is there......admittedly not an easy proposition in a pacifist society like ours )and we cannot throw in the towel just like that.
Old August 12th, 2009, 03:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Are you agreeing with Randheer here.......about India being a ' cunning ' power , using diplomatic skill and military ' might ' etc ?
Yes I agree with him

See doc, in a nuclear war everyone will be cremated equal! It is very unconventional that a chief of certain arm of armed forces goes to public and declare that India will shit in its pants if china attacks us. What you failed to see was that he talked about wide difference in expenditure of both countries. That is the catchword. He wants to create fear psychosis among India people (through voracious Indian media) so that later government can justify increasing defence budget

Yes India is cunning. Why do you think Sl is closer to India when it get arms from pukistan, why India can dictate terms to Nepal, why crown prince of bhutan visits India now and then (I have met him personally ), why India is not returning millions of bangladeshi refugees and sticking to water treaties. Yes each one of them is a thorn but tell me one country in this world which doesn't have bitter relations with its neighbours (leave europe).

Indian governement and think-tanks are far too mature and intelligent to make sense to 'mango-people' like us