eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Life Abroad

Notices

Life Abroad All about life away from home

Old November 10th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Senior eCharchan

HarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud of
Leaving on a Jet plane...

I will be going on a trip to a great country called India from Nov 19th to Dec 10th...woo-hoo!!

This is the first time I will be flying with a 8-month old baby...so if anyone has any constructive advice, it will be much appreciated!!
Old November 10th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Leaving on a Jet plane...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarHarMahaDev

This is the first time I will be flying with a 8-month old baby...so if anyone has any constructive advice, it will be much appreciated!!
Good for ya, Haragaradara pai. Take ear-plugs for the baby... maybe something to suck on. And lots and lots of diapers

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old November 10th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Senior eCharchan

love_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud of

It is winter here so you really need to take care that your baby doesnot get cough,cold,ear infection. Slight trouble with those symptoms make journey difficult for babies and parents.

You shouldnot carry too much hand luggage..One parent must be totally free just to handle baby.

Take enough stock of food and rest baby stuff to last through out your vacation.

Not Only journey but you need to take care of baby after reaching India too. Also it is important that you both stay fit to take care of baby . We go on limited days vacation and just few days of sickness makes lot of difference...

Have a nice India vacation break.....
Old November 10th, 2006, 05:29 PM
eCharchan

Cooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Leaving on a Jet plane...

Check in early & request for a seat in the front row, where the inflight crew can provide you with a crib that can be conveniently clamped on the facing wall. Itís very handy to feed your toddler & put him/her to sleep.

Request for these front rows for both the North America to Europe & Europe to India flights.

Bon voyage.
Old November 11th, 2006, 05:02 AM
loin.....loin cloth

laal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to behold

Talk to your baby and openly discuss the planned journey..ask him/her for constructive inputs that an 8 month old would like to provide...brainstorm on the impending storm..talk to him/her about good looking crew that might try to flirt etc etc...

Consult on whether the baby would like pampers/huggies or some other brand...how many 'milk on the rocks' shots would do...which book it would want to read..the fine print basically...
Old November 11th, 2006, 05:30 AM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Nov 19th to Dec 10th...woo-hoo!!
Leaving on a Jet plane...
LOL @ Langotiyaji.

Mahadeo Singhji, have a safe trip ... enjoy your stay in India. I found out for myself ... tap water in India is safer than bottled water ... unless you want to lose lot of weight and quick. Dont worry too much about the baby ... leave it to the mother ... she knows everything by insincts. All the best.

Now ... Mahadeo Singhji, I must ask you something ... please do not get angreey ... what makes you treat rest of us echarchans with such contempt? What did we do to deserve disrespect? I mean we are not as smart as you but we're not that stupid either or do you believe we are?

Of course you're leaving on a JET PLANE! You couldn't possilby get from US to India in the motor, or take a Bajaj scooter ride with you family riding behind. You got three weeks so you couldn't possibly take a cruise ship. JET PLANE was discovered 104 years ago by wright brothers. Riding a JET PLANE is not exactly a status symbol. So why did you have to mention something so obvious and ordinary ... leaving on a JET PLANE? I can think of only two reasons ... 1) you think none of us has ever seen or been on a JET PLANR 2) you think we're a bunch of mentally retarded nincoomps? Why ... Mahadeo Singhji ... why?

edit/add... kidding Mahadeosinghji ... I'm just kidding but rest of echarchans could inisist a serious explanation.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!

Last edited by tantric_yogi; November 11th, 2006 at 06:04 AM.
Old November 11th, 2006, 08:45 AM
Senior eCharchan

HarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud of

Thanks all for wishes and constructive suggestion...

Priya Yogiji....I is not poking fun at echans...I simbly sing song like John Denver..."Leaving on a Jet Plane"..u hear that song? listen....

"Leaving on a Jet Plane
I do not know when I will be back again
I have a baby and I am so scared to go..

Because I am Leeeaving on a Jet plane..."

Damn! Now this song will be in my head all day!!
Old November 11th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Leaving on a Jet plane...

Quote:
Thanks all for wishes and constructive suggestion...

Priya Yogiji....I is not poking fun at echans...I simbly sing song like John Denver..."Leaving on a Jet Plane"..u hear that song? listen....

"Leaving on a Jet Plane
I do not know when I will be back again
I have a baby and I am so scared to go..

Because I am Leeeaving on a Jet plane..."

Damn! Now this song will be in my head all day!!

HurrrHurrr Sir, try this link for many helpful tips and suggestions from frequent flyers regarding flying with babies Though I am not a frequent flyer, I do frequent that site to learn new things

Sent from my iPhone.
Old November 12th, 2006, 11:51 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Majja karo yaar.. Udhar jaake bharpoor enjoy karo.. masst deis khana khana..bahr bhar ke paad parna.. Enjoy karo!! Wah you are lucky to go back to desh.. I am planning next year... Enjoy karo yaar... maja karo.. Udhar bhi friends ko echarcha ke baare mein batana.. Enjoy!! Have a safe trip..

Also, ensure baby only eas from your or your wife's hands.. Baby is too small.. might get infectione easily.. After all Amrikan born and not as hatta katta as you who were born in Mere desh ki dharti.. This last tip is from a friend whose wife and young 10 month old son are in India right now on a trip...
Old November 13th, 2006, 05:43 AM
loin.....loin cloth

laal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charchila

HurrrHurrr Sir, try this link for many helpful tips and suggestions from frequent flyers regarding flying with babies Though I am not a frequent flyer, I do frequent that site to learn new things
Chilla dude..yeh garba bhangra waala smiley kidhhar se nikaala?exactly the way a gujju would do bhangra in a jatt's baraat..soch soch ke ek baar mein ek ungli aadhi si upar uthaa ke whimper 'hoye'(apni taraf se bechaara cheekh cheekh ke taandavi bhangra karr raha hai but when you look at the jatts around him...he seems like a guy whose scared his arms will come off if hes too vigorous)

Bhola Bum I forgot to mention mate...tell your baby before you leave that abb woh ek 8 maheenay ka bada aadmi/ladki ban chuka/chuki hai...and he/she has to go out into the real world...and take his/her own decisions...usko apna suitcase khudd baandhne do(preferrably without ropes)...thats all I can think of...

p.s. baby ko bolna apna credit card sambhaal ke rakhe...
Old December 8th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Senior eCharchan

Thank u all for posting comment....am returning back to phoren country tonite! hoping plane is not hijecked