eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Health

Notices

Health Discuss Health related topics...

Old July 12th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
A glass of warm water every morning - personal experiences

PeaceSeeker asked why do I drink a glass of warm water every morning, and swami's response inspired me to start this thread.

Many years ago, I think as far back as 1995, I had started to develop 'acidity' where my stomach used to burn and then sometimes I used to have burning sensation in my chest when I burped. Whenever I visited a doctor, I would get the regular prescription of some antacid and it would subside.

I wanted a long term cure for this. And I wanted it quick because the symptoms of acidity had just started. Those were days when I was out of college, working and enjoying life in terms of booze and eating anything and everything, trying to live as if I was still in college

Well, so I had this close friend at work. His sister was in the final year of her M.D. degree in a reputed medical college. I asked how to fix this problem. The advice I received was 'Drink a glass of room temperature or lukewarm water every morning before drinking or eating anything'. I found it odd but decided to give it a shot.

It took about 7 to 8 days and the effects were really good. It helped me in more ways than one.

Now if you are interested I can recount all that happened during those days, and the after effects and how things are since then. Interested?
Old July 12th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Senior eCharchan

aragorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A glass of warm water every morning - personal experiences

Quote:
I had started to develop 'acidity' where my stomach used to burn and then sometimes I used to have burning sensation in my chest when I burped. Whenever I visited a doctor, I would get the regular prescription of some antacid and it would subside.
this is the same case with me. But how lukewarm glass of water helps?
Old July 12th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
this is the same case with me. But how lukewarm glass of water helps?
The medical theory that I was told goes like this.

We usually have our dinner by around 9PM at night or earlier. Then we sleep by 11PM or thereabouts. Now we wake up after 8 to 9 hours ideally. So that would make it about 7 or 8AM in the morning.

Basically our gastric system has finished digesting our dinner and the waste has already been separated and made ready for morning

Now all this happens within a few hours and does not take the entire night. What this creates is an empty stomach where the gastric juices still flow, not at full force, but they do. But there is nothing there to digest. So the acidity or the 'ph' level of our stomach rises. In normal circumstances this is nothing to bothersome, but given our modern lifestyles and our diets, it can lead to imbalance in our ph levels which makes it all acidic.

So when you wake up and have that glass of water, you are 'neutralizing' the acids and balancing your ph levels.

Now this is what I was told as explanation for this water therapy. It works and it worked for me too.
Old July 12th, 2011, 09:06 AM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
The medical theory that I was told goes like this.

We usually have our dinner by around 9PM at night or earlier. Then we sleep by 11PM or thereabouts. Now we wake up after 8 to 9 hours ideally. So that would make it about 7 or 8AM in the morning.

Basically our gastric system has finished digesting our dinner and the waste has already been separated and made ready for morning

Now all this happens within a few hours and does not take the entire night. What this creates is an empty stomach where the gastric juices still flow, not at full force, but they do. But there is nothing there to digest. So the acidity or the 'ph' level of our stomach rises. In normal circumstances this is nothing to bothersome, but given our modern lifestyles and our diets, it can lead to imbalance in our ph levels which makes it all acidic.

So when you wake up and have that glass of water, you are 'neutralizing' the acids and balancing your ph levels.

Now this is what I was told as explanation for this water therapy. It works and it worked for me too.
Sutradarji ... drinking water in case of acidity makes sense but rest of the theory doesn't have a leg to stand on. You will know so if you were to Google for acid reflux, esophagus, Hydrochloric acid and equalizer Bicarbonate.

I could be wrong ... this isn't the first time.
Stupid opinions ... all mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for free with a pinch of salt.
"......I can't believe I am saying this..... if you re not humble in this world, this world will thrust humbleness upon you" - Mike Tyson!!!
Distrust Doesn't Hurt - Not As Much as Trust does! - me said first quoted at www echarcha.com
Old July 12th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by badriprasad View Post
Sutradarji ... drinking water in case of acidity makes sense but rest of the theory doesn't have a leg to stand on. You will know so if you were to Google for acid reflux, esophagus, Hydrochloric acid and equalizer Bicarbonate.

I could be wrong ... this isn't the first time.
I dont know about all these ailments but my ailments were pretty simple and I was told that if left untreated they could manifest to more severe acidity related problems.

Water works and you can confirm with the doctor. Offcourse for acid reflux and more serious stuff, just water wont work. However, the simple natural cure for balancing the ph is a glass of water early in the morning.
Old July 12th, 2011, 10:24 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Now if you are interested I can recount all that happened during those days, and the after effects and how things are since then. Interested?
without giving explicit details of your pratah-kaalin nitya-kriya, u may tell what more benefits it has.

in fact it would be good to list any such simple habits which could be of huge benefit in the long run..
Old July 12th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSeeker View Post
without giving explicit details of your pratah-kaalin nitya-kriya, u may tell what more benefits it has.

in fact it would be good to list any such simple habits which could be of huge benefit in the long run..
As I said earlier in this thread, the warm water balances out the ph in the stomach and you dont get any acidity like feelings. Keeping your pH levels correct is important and maybe thats why doctors say drink enough water. That could be one of the medical reasons to always drink plenty of water.

The warm water has another effect. It stimulates your bowels. You get this nice urge to go after water. For me, it feels like there is all this shit in my large intestine and the warm water sort of nudges it forward.

If you dont believe in this water treatment, try it for yourself. Just follow it for at least 8 days continuously and observe the difference. I had a gora colleague here who tried this on my recommendation. His acidity reduced almost by half. He was in habit to wake up, and after brushing his teeth, straight drink a large mug of coffee. No water whatsoever. With breakfast, again orange juice and coffee. Water would be like an afterthought.

Ever since he started this simple water in the morning therapy, his acidity has been on a decline rapidly. He feels much fresher in the morning and yes, his improved too. He in on this water treatment for more than 6 months now and he is happy.

I am not a doctor and cannot say it conclusively that all this pH balancing etc is the cause for reducing acidity etc, maybe ashdoc can give a proper medical reason. But it damn works! And hey, its just water and not some artificial stuff or medication or herbs or whatever. It will do you no harm.

Also once or twice a week you can try what I do. It involves soaking fenugreek seeds overnight and having it with that warm water in the morning. The after effects are so good and it keeps your so clean and nice! Wah wah!!

Do you want to know the benefits of that?
Old July 12th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Warm water helps in emptying your bowels and a regular clean bowel means no acidity.

There were some email forwards saying about drinking 1.5 litres water the first thing in the morning.But drinking that much of water does not sound practical.
Old July 12th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Senior eCharchan

krantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond repute

I keep getting these mails making rounds ever since I began clicking on keyboards that drinking water is good because 75% of your body is water... Each time my thought went "What a freaking reason this is !!!". Drink water because your body is 75 % water and make it 80% water ... for some time and again pass it off to make it 75% or so again. One freaking time someone toll me to drink 7 glasses of water early morning and I would be healthy and will get super power or something to that effect. So I gave it a shot.... Since I wanted to be a real super hero, I took extra large glass. 3 glasses after it felt like there was a flood and I was getting drowned. I didn't forget to call that sob who toll me that a peece-of-ma mind.
I see that these freaks have now come down to one glass. LOL !!

Old July 12th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by krantikari View Post
I keep getting these mails making rounds ever since I began clicking on keyboards that drinking water is good because 75% of your body is water... Each time my thought went "What a freaking reason this is !!!". Drink water because your body is 75 % water and make it 80% water ... for some time and again pass it off to make it 75% or so again. One freaking time someone toll me to drink 7 glasses of water early morning and I would be healthy and will get super power or something to that effect. So I gave it a shot.... Since I wanted to be a real super hero, I took extra large glass. 3 glasses after it felt like there was a flood and I was getting drowned. I didn't forget to call that sob who toll me that a peece-of-ma mind.
I see that these freaks have now come down to one glass. LOL !!

kranti bhau, drinking abnormally high quantities of water at one sitting is bullshit, but have a glass of water in the morning for a few days and let me know. I am sure you will see a positive change.

This is not some hocus pocus new age power yoga akdam tikdam kind of recipe. Its a simple thing. Makes a lot of sense.

Now about emails which claim to cure ailments just with water are to be taken with a huge grain of salt.
Old July 12th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Senior eCharchan

GameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond repute

chachaji itna gyaan free mein kyun baant rahe ho...

agar half of echarcha follows your advice to kall hi US mein drainage levels mein surge aa jayegaa and after 8 days koi badi baat naheen if the drains are choked with all the free flowing halwaa prasaad...

department of homeland security will have to be engaged to use napalms to clean up the collateral damage caused by your water bombing

thoda thoda karr ke system mein release keejiye apne biological weapons
Old July 12th, 2011, 05:57 PM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I dont know about all these ailments but my ailments were pretty simple and I was told that if left untreated they could manifest to more severe acidity related problems.

Water works and you can confirm with the doctor. Offcourse for acid reflux and more serious stuff, just water wont work. However, the simple natural cure for balancing the ph is a glass of water early in the morning.
Okay ... fine ... we do not wish to go into nitty-gritty of it all ... let's keep it simple.

Water is way over rated among us Indians and more so in stupid emails forwarded by insane people ... people so stupid that they have no respect your privacy and forward your email addresses to in forwards. Fucking idiots.

I will never drink warm water early in the morning. My system needs soothing and not agitation. After a while hot coffee or tea is good to wake the system up from deep slumber with a sudden shock. Avoid adding milk in hot tea like our member (edited) avoids (edited) like (edited) (edited) (edited).

Never drink anything cold after a meal. Replace cold drink with hot tea/water/coffee.

Never go to bed after a heavy meal.

Acidity coming up throat while in sleeping position (in bed) can KILL. Place plow under head and part of shoulder in such a manner that head+shoulders are raised way above tummy.

Let our resident doctor comment ... what the fuck do we know.
Stupid opinions ... all mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for free with a pinch of salt.
"......I can't believe I am saying this..... if you re not humble in this world, this world will thrust humbleness upon you" - Mike Tyson!!!
Distrust Doesn't Hurt - Not As Much as Trust does! - me said first quoted at www echarcha.com
Old July 13th, 2011, 08:34 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

if u r troubled by 'moonh ke chhaaley', a glass of cold milk b4 sleeping works like magic. they will be gone within days.
Old July 13th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Senior eCharchan

krantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSeeker View Post
if u r troubled by 'moonh ke chhaaley', a glass of cold milk b4 sleeping works like magic. they will be gone within days.
You'll end up having ulcer. Guys, don listen to him... he knows not what he is toll you !

Old July 13th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by krantikari View Post
You'll end up having ulcer. Guys, don listen to him... he knows not what he is toll you !

Can you please explain,warm milk as I know helps you to sleep but never heard about drinking cold milk.