eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Health

Notices

Health Discuss Health related topics...

Old January 8th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
A dilemma: Moustache or no Moustache

Let me go on a rant first... and then maybe you can help me... or maybe I have already decided.

I always used to have a moustache... since I started growing one... only removing once to regrow it again in, I think, year 2001. In all these years I used to get a bad cold, with flu like symtoms... bedridden (not in ways you would like to know) for days. It would take about 5-7 days to get well and this would happen 3-4 times a year (much worse in later years).

About 3 years back... after reading a post by, I think, Lovedly pai about a clean face and all... I removed my moustache. And I was clean-shaven for the last 3 years... till this christmas holidays. In the last 3 years I never had a cold... well, runny nose maybe but nothing as bad as before... never missed work for it... no laying in bed with wifey attending to everything. But... there is always a but... I used to get these bad allergies. Months April and May... I could not leave the house without sneezing... itching eyes... the whole shebang. And when I say bad... I mean real bad... with eyes closed permanently kind of thing.

Now, as I said, I grew a moustache again... for the last 2 weeks... in the hope that I will have a nice moustache by April and then I will see if I get these allergies anymore. And I am posting this, lying in bed... sore throat, voice gone completely... bad cold... feverish.

So... it seems the moustache is definitely giving me the bad health, psychological or otherwise. In fact, on the flight yesterday, the guy in front was sniffing and sneezing like crazy... and when I noticed him, it was an Indian... with a moustache

So... here's the plan. The moustache goes... for sure. I think flu season is bad to have moustaches. I will start growing one late March or early April... and then try it out the next couple of months. I will report my findings.

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old January 8th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A dilemma: Moustache or no Moustache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Let me go on a rant first... and then maybe you can help me... or maybe I have already decided.

I always used to have a moustache... since I started growing one... only removing once to regrow it again in, I think, year 2001. In all these years I used to get a bad cold, with flu like symtoms... bedridden (not in ways you would like to know) for days. It would take about 5-7 days to get well and this would happen 3-4 times a year (much worse in later years).

About 3 years back... after reading a post by, I think, Lovedly pai about a clean face and all... I removed my moustache. And I was clean-shaven for the last 3 years... till this christmas holidays. In the last 3 years I never had a cold... well, runny nose maybe but nothing as bad as before... never missed work for it... no laying in bed with wifey attending to everything. But... there is always a but... I used to get these bad allergies. Months April and May... I could not leave the house without sneezing... itching eyes... the whole shebang. And when I say bad... I mean real bad... with eyes closed permanently kind of thing.

Now, as I said, I grew a moustache again... for the last 2 weeks... in the hope that I will have a nice moustache by April and then I will see if I get these allergies anymore. And I am posting this, lying in bed... sore throat, voice gone completely... bad cold... feverish.

So... it seems the moustache is definitely giving me the bad health, psychological or otherwise. In fact, on the flight yesterday, the guy in front was sniffing and sneezing like crazy... and when I noticed him, it was an Indian... with a moustache

So... here's the plan. The moustache goes... for sure. I think flu season is bad to have moustaches. I will start growing one late March or early April... and then try it out the next couple of months. I will report my findings.
Never heard of such correlation before... I never had a moustache...I kept stubble but never a full beard.. I was a little unfortunate in matters of facial hair... I got it very late and started shaving much before it became full grown moustache...

it was not until last year I noticed that the bald patches on my cheeks are covered with beard... I always wanted to have a full beard(i always had this complex that I dont look my age)... so I stopped shaving for a while and had a good beard and moustache...then I trimmed to a goatee... I kept it for a while and then shaved it just before xmas for party season.

In my experience, some of the moustache hair can irritate your nose and make it feel itchy... but I never experienced flu like symmptoms. You don't use henna or dye, do you?

Old January 8th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

I have shaved off my moustache only twice in my entire life. Did not like the results both times. i keep a moustache always.
Old January 8th, 2011, 02:47 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

I have kept a French beard at times for a few months and then shaved it off.. maintaining is a big pain and takes longer than regular shaving. I like my looks with facial hair but its cumbersome and makes me look older.
Old January 8th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

This is not a fashion show thread... or a makeover thread, guys. Please. Do not derail... or I will complain to Swarmi pai... heard he is a mod nowadays... and doing a damn good job too.

Echdrai pai, you have a moustache... do you have severe colds and flu-like symptoms... especially in flu season?

Chirlaka pai, you have never had a moustache... what about you? And no, no henna and/or dye.

Sarvshittaman pai, any specific opinion other than it makes you look handsome or older?

Remember... this is in the health forum

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old January 8th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Take a flu shot and take off the mustache!

Its so much easier and pleasant to kiss someone with no mustache, not that I want to kiss you. I am just saying.
Old January 8th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Chirlaka pai, you have never had a moustache... what about you? And no, no henna and/or dye.
Lol...I meant I never kept a moustache before.

Old January 8th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Clown Prince

Just googled it... your moustache can make your hayfever worse... but this is not spring season and you must be getting your allergy from somewhere else which is aggravated by your moustache.
http://www.answer-health.com/qs/dc/34472.html

Old January 9th, 2011, 12:02 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
Take a flu shot and take off the mustache!

Its so much easier and pleasant to kiss someone with no mustache, not that I want to kiss you. I am just saying.
With that invisible text now I do not see any reason why I should shave off my moustache

Without the moustache I do not need flu-blu shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitrala View Post
Lol...I meant I never kept a moustache before.
My question was that you do not have a moustache... so do you get severe colds? Do you have allergies?

Quote:
Just googled it... your moustache can make your hayfever worse... but this is not spring season and you must be getting your allergy from somewhere else which is aggravated by your moustache.
http://www.answer-health.com/qs/dc/34472.html
This is not allergy season... what I have is flu-symptoms. So the moustache is not aggravating allergies... it is causing the cold and all. It is gone now. Will see how it goes the next few days. Then in April... it is back again, baby

Old January 9th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Clown Prince

Quote:

My question was that you do not have a moustache... so do you get severe colds? Do you have allergies?

After coming here, never... and I have worked a lot in forests and farms in spring and summer for my project.

Old January 9th, 2011, 11:00 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

I removed my mouche for the same reason that Shakti stated - cumbersome to maintain.
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old January 9th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Banned

soniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond repute

no ....... a big NO
Old January 9th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Clown Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniya 2 View Post
no ....... a big NO
why?? you dont like men with moustache?? Arre pathan ka bachsha he, bina moochh ke chooha legega.

Old January 9th, 2011, 11:18 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
why?? you dont like men with moustache??
Nothing of that sort. She's saying that she doesn't keep a mouche
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old January 9th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Banned

soniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
why?? you dont like men with moustache?? Arre pathan ka bachsha he, bina moochh ke chooha legega.

naa , i donot like men with moustache or beard . But Keeping a Goatee is acceptable ...