eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old February 13th, 2004, 09:49 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Kal Ho Na Ho - Director thinks the same about audience sanity

The director of Kal Ho Na Ho thinks that once his movie is out in theaters and unleashed on unsuspecting audience then who cares if "audience ka deemag Kal ho Na ho"

The movei is quite cliched and contrived. I have yet to see a neighbourhood of desis where old grandmothers croon away in the morning and a middle aged desi woman behaves like Britney Spears in heat!

We saw this movie last night on DVD. It sucked. Basically it started off well and would have been a okay movie too, despite the contrived Gujju jokes, artifical fights and stupid melodrama, but it all really got too much when Shahrukh Khan took more than 30 plus minutes to die! I was feeling that euthanasia is really the right thing! Kill off Aman's character .. right now..

Anyway.. we saw this late and I know there is a thread already about this movie.. but I could not search it easily. Anyway.. if you have not seen this movie.. you have not missed anything.

The only plus point - a great cinematic experience due to the beautiful New York skyline in the backdrop.
Old February 13th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute
It is like loosing your own underwear in your own house. Apne hi site pe post nahin dhoond sakte kya tai ?

http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showth...threadid=16331
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old February 13th, 2004, 10:49 AM
Aaapka Dost

Rahul will become famous soon enoughRahul will become famous soon enough
Re: Kal Ho Na Ho - Director thinks the same about audience sanity

Quote:
Originally posted by echarcha

Anyway.. we saw this late and I know there is a thread already about this movie.. but I could not search it easily.
+

Here you go

http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showth...threadid=16351
Old February 13th, 2004, 12:17 PM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute
just read an article on Karan Johar in Financial Times(US Print)

seems sucker has got a lot of fan following overseas esp in USA, UK. they love watever he churns out as long as itz NRI NRI stuff. remember the wacko aunties in kal ho na...? total cacophony lekin kya kare NRI hai sab chalta hai

one more thing that surprised me was that the busiest theater in UK runs only bollywood movies
Old February 13th, 2004, 01:16 PM
Junior eCharchan

torontodesi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by echarcha

The only plus point - a great cinematic experience due to the beautiful New York skyline in the backdrop.
Many shots were in Toronto.... (in disgiuse of NewYork). I being in Toronto could recognize easily. He He He....
Old July 2nd, 2018, 12:00 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
The director of Kal Ho Na Ho thinks that once his movie is out in theaters and unleashed on unsuspecting audience then who cares if "audience ka deemag Kal ho Na ho"

The movei is quite cliched and contrived. I have yet to see a neighbourhood of desis where old grandmothers croon away in the morning and a middle aged desi woman behaves like Britney Spears in heat!

We saw this movie last night on DVD. It sucked. Basically it started off well and would have been a okay movie too, despite the contrived Gujju jokes, artifical fights and stupid melodrama, but it all really got too much when Shahrukh Khan took more than 30 plus minutes to die! I was feeling that euthanasia is really the right thing! Kill off Aman's character .. right now..

Anyway.. we saw this late and I know there is a thread already about this movie.. but I could not search it easily. Anyway.. if you have not seen this movie.. you have not missed anything.

Wanted to see 'Anand' in Yupp TV BBO Channel and this happened to be before it. So unleashed it upon myself (Not completely- was doing other stuff while loosely following this. )
short take - Kya Jhand movie hai . A tear jerker meant for ladies and some men. BTW, the 2 khans are so cosy in the movie that you have some ideas about their orientation.
And Hakla taking ages to die in the end just makes it more intolerable.