eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Site related > Feedback

Notices

Feedback Feedback about eCharcha.Com site...

Old September 14th, 2017, 12:29 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Can someone help in migrating to..

I am thinking of a cheaper host like digitalocean.com. or some such host.. Our server is way too expensive at $139 a month....

By help, I mean technical expertise and help in actual searching of a host, then setting up the server, etc. Not looking for monetary help.
Old September 14th, 2017, 06:13 AM
Senior eCharchan

log1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud of
Re: Can someone help in migrating to..

Honestly speaking, this forum itself is a waste of money, ( unless you make it up in ADs few amounts,... which is not possible here, looking at low traffic,.... and hardly 3-5 regular participating/reading members ) as it’s just a charcha-chora-chota of only 3-5 random regular guys , who shows up, just every 6 months once in a while,….. says,….. Hi, hello,.. I am in Mumbai,.. hey I am coming,… hey see you there,.. and this kind of SMS mobile chats, of one liners,… and less active than WA or any groups,…. ! Almost all members are like this,… and they are o kind of SMS-Chat kinda loving people,.. who never likes long post, more graphics , pictures,.. etc as mobiles do not accompany them efficiently,..

Hardly 5 new members in a year join and participate,…. Nor any new-comers I have seen, joined in talks,… also the viewing count of any new threads remains, 10 or 15, in total,. after 3-4 weeks,..

IMHO,... Forums like this ( below ) ,… ( sample example - that we once had for 5-10 guys ) will suffice to serve the purpose,.. or even free Yahoo group,….
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/arcee/index.php

they offer it for absolutely free and will serve its purpose,…especially for low traffic and not detailed discussions,..with high graphics,..... and many other extra features, that you need unnecessarily,.. etc

Last edited by log1iszero; September 14th, 2017 at 06:24 AM.
Old September 14th, 2017, 10:38 AM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Great decision! I've suggested that before a few times.

I can help with the move. Let me know if you have a timeframe in mind.

May even want to move this thread to SF

Sent from my iPhone.
Old September 14th, 2017, 04:53 PM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charchila View Post

I can provide management oversight. I can supervise Charchila and make sure he isn't slacking off!

Old September 14th, 2017, 11:54 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Next weekend.. Not this upcoming weekend...
Old September 14th, 2017, 11:54 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:

Please look for a suitable host... Is Digital Ocean okay or Linode?
Old September 15th, 2017, 08:45 AM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Alright Charchila, you heard the man! Linode , Digital Ocean .. . get moving on it chop chop!

Old September 15th, 2017, 03:47 PM
Super eCharchan

Charchila - I hope you are not exchanging project information over PMs. It would cause a lot of communication issues with the team. Please post your findings on this thread.

Old September 15th, 2017, 04:43 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Please look for a suitable host... Is Digital Ocean okay or Linode?
Curious to know why you are suggesting Digital Ocean or Linode. I went to both sites a while ago and my head is still spinning. I don't think they are offering typical web hosting packages, but more like a "piece" of a server where you would essentially be the system admin of that system. Both of them appear to be geared towards developers to manage and host their apps. You're expected to install your own OS and build a web server from scratch. Cool stuff, but too complicated to run EC.

We just need to find a web host that offers a good control panel and latest versions of PHP, MySQL, email accounts, solid uptime and reliable support. Here are some examples (no particular order), and there are million othes out there!

https://www.ultrawebhosting.com/shar...sting-features - since you're already with them
http://www.hostgator.com/shared-compare
https://www.hostmantis.com/shared-hosting.html
https://www.site5.com/hosting/web/

I haven't used any of them myself, but they've been around for a while and look pretty reliable.

Sent from my iPhone.
Old September 16th, 2017, 01:04 PM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Curious to know why you are suggesting Digital Ocean or Linode. I went to both sites a while ago and my head is still spinning. I don't think they are offering typical web hosting packages, but more like a "piece" of a server where you would essentially be the system admin of that system. Both of them appear to be geared towards developers to manage and host their apps. You're expected to install your own OS and build a web server from scratch. Cool stuff, but too complicated to run EC.

We just need to find a web host that offers a good control panel and latest versions of PHP, MySQL, email accounts, solid uptime and reliable support. Here are some examples (no particular order), and there are million othes out there!

https://www.ultrawebhosting.com/shar...sting-features - since you're already with them
http://www.hostgator.com/shared-compare
https://www.hostmantis.com/shared-hosting.html
https://www.site5.com/hosting/web/

I haven't used any of them myself, but they've been around for a while and look pretty reliable.
Maybe we need an options matrix comparing the various options - features, cost, scalability, high availability, archiving, etc. For extra credit, maybe you can call up three references for each vendor.

Old September 20th, 2017, 10:05 AM
Temporarily Unbanned

Cha pai... pick a host and sign up, so you can start migrating. Also start generating daily backups from the current host so there are no surprises.

Sent from my iPhone.