eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old December 20th, 2002, 07:55 AM
Simple Indian Muslim

videsee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nice
Unhappy Police say mom faked child’s cancer to raise money

Frikkin SICK people man!

Ohio woman allegedly employed hoax

ASSOCIATED PRESS

URBANA, Ohio, Dec. 19 — Police say a woman tried to trick her daughter and community into thinking the girl had cancer so she could raise money, even going so far as to shave the 7-year-old’s head, give her sleeping pills and put her in counseling to prepare to die.

NO CHARGES HAD been filed against Teresa Milbrandt, 35, as of Wednesday. Her daughter, Hannah, has been taken from her and placed in the custody of relatives.
“By the time we get done, there’s going to be a lot of charges here,” Sgt. David Reese said.
Reese said Milbrandt admitted this week to county officials that the cancer was a hoax. He said police have collected coffee cans placed at businesses to seek donations that would supposedly go toward treatment. Police also found fliers with photos of the girl inviting people to fund-raisers, and a color TV donated as a raffle prize.
Milbrandt’s husband, Robert Milbrandt, 44, is also under investigation, but no charges have been filed against him, police said.
Robert Milbrandt said he and his daughter never knew the cancer was faked. He said he took his wife to a mental hospital Tuesday.
“I don’t know how you can be married to someone for so long, them lie to you and you not know,” he told the Urbana Daily Citizen.
The Milbrandts’ telephone number is unpublished and The Associated Press could not locate them for comment Wednesday night.
Reese said the woman allegedly researched the effects of leukemia and gave her daughter sleeping pills and shaved her head to make it appear she was receiving chemotherapy.
He said Teresa Milbrandt placed a bandage on the girl’s back to cover a supposed “port” where chemotherapy was administered.
Reese said the girl does have some illnesses but police have determined none are life-threatening.
Police began investigating the child’s illness about a week ago when employees at the girl’s school noticed that her hair was cut or shaved, not falling out. They reported the situation to the county Department of Job and Family Services, and the agency contacted police.
Investigators have not been able to calculate the amount of money collected or the number of fund-raisers that have been held, but at least one church gave $2,200 and two agencies gave $500 each.
Reese said people in the community were shocked to hear the woman faked her child’s illness.
“I’ve delivered death messages that people have taken easier than some of the people are taking this,” said Reese. “They’re just destroyed.”

http://msnbc.com/news/849648.asp

Mark Twain
Old December 20th, 2002, 07:57 AM
Senior eCharchan

Netra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant future
Really sick. And I was saying on another thread that there is nothing to beat a mother's love for a child. I take back my words.
Old December 20th, 2002, 09:17 AM
Senior eCharchan

nydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to all
This is really sick. Imagine putting the child through all this, telling the child that you have cancer.

Netra, the statement you had made in the other thread is correct. Just because of one or two psychos, you shouldnt be taking that statement back.
Old December 20th, 2002, 10:39 AM
the voice of reason

vakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the rough
this is surely another form of child abuse. the woman should be put out of public circulation for a long time. her head should be shaved , indian justice style, just for good measure
Old December 20th, 2002, 02:00 PM
Junior eCharchan

gaand_me_le_le_guldasta is on a distinguished road
saala sab idhar...

..ek doosre ko topi pehnane me laga hua hai man....

And capitalism is good thing..so come here boy have a cigar...
Old December 20th, 2002, 04:27 PM
Senior eCharchan

amal is a splendid one to beholdamal is a splendid one to beholdamal is a splendid one to beholdamal is a splendid one to beholdamal is a splendid one to beholdamal is a splendid one to beholdamal is a splendid one to beholdamal is a splendid one to behold
This is american style begging
Old December 20th, 2002, 05:24 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: saala sab idhar...

Quote:
Originally posted by gaand_me_le_le_guldasta
..ek doosre ko topi pehnane me laga hua hai man....

And capitalism is good thing..so come here boy have a cigar...
Oh man.... g mein lel le has COME BACK!!!

Where were you buddy???