eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Indian Politics

Notices

Indian Politics Our national time-pass!

Old December 8th, 2012, 09:43 AM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The reality of bal thokrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSeeker View Post

Like I have said elsewhere, muslims should vote for Sena en-masse and see for themselves that they will find a better party than sickular ones.
Shiv sena did rule Maharashtra for one term , and did very badly . Rampant corruption was the norm, especially those infrastructure projects .

And the Zinka Bhakar was such a big joke .
Old December 8th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Hyderabad Wala !!!!

BABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Babu, i wonder why you call Bal Thackeray the worst of all politicians. He may not be perfect but worst of all?? I dont know much about NTR so I will not comment on him.

Bal Thackeray was a cartoonist, an artist at heart who plunged into politics due to compulsions. The ideology of Sena is very simple: They say Mumbai (or Maharashtra) for Marathis and India for Hindus. It is misread and presented in a hugely skewed manner as: Mumbai(Maharashtra) ONLY for marathis and India ONLY for Hindus. This is not reality. They mean that Mumbai (or Maharashtra) and India are primarily for marathis & hindus (respectively). They also mean that AP is primarily for gultis, TN for madrasis, Kerala for mallus, Karanataka for kannadigas etc etc. Others are welcome but primary structure should not be violated. Diversity is good but not at the cost of change in basic identity.

Sena is not for making India a Hindu-only country. Sickular parties want towelheads to believe that and those perfect fools do believe that. Like I have said elsewhere, muslims should vote for Sena en-masse and see for themselves that they will find a better party than sickular ones.

Ideology and practical approach are never same. So some undeserving asses do get kicked in the mayhem. Collateral damage happens everywhere. But dont consider the ideology wrong.
yeah, you want to have the head quarters of hindustan lever limited, which sells goods all over India and then you only want marathis to work in their bombay head office.

thokrey was a ba$tard. get used to it.
An oft quoted Gandhian phrase is that if all were to follow an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, then the world would go blind. The counter to that is that if only some follow this and others don't then it is the non-violent who would go blind while the rogues will rule the world.
Old December 8th, 2012, 06:52 PM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABU_HYDERABADI View Post
yeah, you want to have the head quarters of hindustan lever limited, which sells goods all over India and then you only want marathis to work in their bombay head office.

On the contrary , Thackrey was more amenable to businesses
Old December 8th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

So what did you expect? That you Gulti's should have worked in Mumbai?
That shit place called Andhra Pradesh because of even more shittier people like you attracts no investments unlike Maharashtra. Investments are attracted to Maharashtra because of it's people and it's open culture. So who should reap the benefits Marathi's or parochial Gult's like yourself.

Go fcuk yourself and suck Sambar out of NTR's dead ass. Get used to it if you are not already!
Old December 9th, 2012, 07:21 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaiSpeaks View Post
Shiv sena did rule Maharashtra for one term , and did very badly . Rampant corruption was the norm, especially those infrastructure projects .

lot of infra work was done. much more than any congress govt has done in maharashtra. mumbai-pune xpressway was one. gadkari, the then PWD minister, was called the flyover man bcoz so many flyovers were constructed.
corruption is genetic in this country. politics obviously cant remain aloof.

Quote:

Like i said earlier, ONLY is the skewed projected perception, not the reality.

not getting personal but were you (or your own) one of the undeserving ass which got kicked bcoz of "uthao lungi bajao pungi"?
Old December 9th, 2012, 10:46 AM
The NEo of Echarcha

Quote:
lot of infra work was done. much more than any congress govt has done in maharashtra. mumbai-pune xpressway was one. gadkari, the then PWD minister, was called the flyover man bcoz so many flyovers were constructed.
corruption is genetic in this country. politics obviously cant remain aloof.
Only because of BJP leadership..

The latter construction work cost way too much money. And many of the latter flyovers had so many potholes within the year . The biggest fiasco was the Andheri flyover. It was important because the flyover was designed to house a mall underneath . Beacuse the SS wanted that land , they got the Environment ministry to stay the flyover just to muscle it out . It was stranded for almost 5 years . It was the biggest bottleneck of all places in Mumbai.

SS never got second term because of its bad governance , and very blatant greed for money . Even the SRD scheme was designed for the builders and not for the slum dwellers .
Old December 9th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Only because of BJP leadership..

The latter construction work cost way too much money. And many of the latter flyovers had so many potholes within the year . The biggest fiasco was the Andheri flyover. It was important because the flyover was designed to house a mall underneath . Beacuse the SS wanted that land , they got the Environment ministry to stay the flyover just to muscle it out . It was stranded for almost 5 years . It was the biggest bottleneck of all places in Mumbai.

SS never got second term because of its bad governance , and very blatant greed for money . Even the SRD scheme was designed for the builders and not for the slum dwellers .
The CM at that time was Manohar Joshi, not Nitin Gadkari. So it definately had the backing of SS.

Potholes on flyovers? Did not experience any during those times. Also, potholes on roads, is it a Shiv Sena exclusive phenomenon in the country?

Also, the Mumbai Pune expressway was completed before time and under the budget envisaged.

Also, how many infra development projects do we have under the Kangress regime for the last 14 years?
Old December 10th, 2012, 02:08 AM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

well those bridges are still alive.bandra-worli sealink was initiated by them and there werent 26/11 incidents in their term
Old December 10th, 2012, 02:09 AM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post

Also, how many infra development projects do we have under the Kangress regime for the last 14 years?
did you forget the previous 35 years of sodomy by congress?
Old December 10th, 2012, 09:17 AM
The NEo of Echarcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post

None , I agree .. and still Marathis do not want to opt for Shiv Sena . That says something , doesn't it .
Old December 12th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Senior eCharchan

sanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ideology and practical approach are never same. So some undeserving asses do get kicked in the mayhem. Collateral damage happens everywhere. But dont consider the ideology wrong.
Here are some "undeserving asses" that got kicked by the thuggery of the Thackeray clan. If there is this kind of Bhumiputra movement in every state, turning people from out-of-state into villains, things will get very difficult. I am sure you wouldn't want to be targeted in this fashion when you are working out of your home state. And it's not just about the physical assaults. The rhetoric itself, particularly when it comes from someone powerful, creates an environment of fear and suspicion.
Old December 12th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Senior eCharchan

sanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
K.K. Ganapathy had a leather business in the 1960s. The retired businessman was a victim of the Sena’s ’60s anti-Madrasi campaign.

“They attacked me, ripped off my dhoti...it was part of the ‘bhagao lungi’ campaign.”

K.K. Ganapathy, 85

I had briefly known Thackeray when he was with the Free Press Journal. He was an ordinary man then. But I lost touch with him after that. I had even attended some of his speeches. He was very dogged on the issue of Marathi pride and Maharashtrians. Later on, people told him about how south Indians were occupying important positions in P&T, banking, BARC etc. Which is when he started his campaigns against us. They didn’t factor in the fact that the south Indians were getting these jobs because they were well educated. Anyway, once I was walking to the Portuguese church in Dadar when some Sena activists attacked me and ripped off my dhoti. At the time they were running a campaign against south Indians wearing lungis/mundus. (The Sena had launched a vicious campaign, “Bajao pungi, bhagao lungi”, basically targeting Tamilians, Malayalis and the Shetty community running the Udupi restaurants in Bombay.) A friend staying with me who didn’t know Marathi was also attacked near my residence in Worli. He wanted to file a police complaint, but I told him there was no point.

My next encounter with the Sena was in the late 1960s when I had started a leather business with an office at Nana Chowk. I had kept a north Indian as our office peon. A few days later, some Sena workers came and threatened me, asking why I was not employing Marathis. I told them my peon was a hard worker, and it wasn’t about where he was from. They asked me to keep two of their people. I tried to argue but eventually relented and kept one of them. He used to ask for increments every two months and even threatened me as well. Later, others from the party came around and threatened
that they would shut down my office.

Eventually, I wrote a letter to Balasaheb explaining the situation to him. I asked that he stop his men from attacking and threatening me. I don’t know whether it was because of the letter but after a few days I got a call from some Sena people and they said they would not bother me anymore.

Source: Tooth And Claw
Old December 12th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
A north Indian bhelpuri seller, Manoj was a victim of Sena breakaway MNS’s goons

“I can still feel the shame and sting of that slap. Sometimes I think about it, and I feel humiliated.”

Manoj, 45

If the attack on us bhaiyyas happens again, I am prepared. I will not run away from this city but I will also not be foolish enough not to hide. Last time, when the MNS decided to attack north Indians, I was out in the streets. I thought they wouldn’t attack me. I was in Borivili going towards my usual spot on the main road to set up my stall. Suddenly out of nowhere a big group of men arrived, asked me what I was doing there. One of them asked me, “You don’t know you are not supposed to be here? Aren’t you a bhaiyya?” Even before he had finished speaking, another man slapped me. I can still feel the sting of that slap. Sometimes when I think about it, I still feel humiliated. But I try not to think about it. The past few years have been peaceful and I don’t think a thing like that can happen again. I just put my head down and do my work. There’s no point trying to prove anything. We have to feed our families. My parents, children, siblings are all dependent on me. There isn’t enough work back home to feed everyone. My brother has gone to Fatehpur (UP). He was beaten up twice during his stay here. He got scared and ran away. I told him that things would change in some time. But the second time he was beaten up even after paying protection money by boys from the same outfit. Once that happened, he was convinced nothing could save him. He took a train back home. There were no tickets available, yet he boarded one and went back for good. He’s scared of Mumbai and says he never coming back.

A lot of people I know went back home during that time. In Borivili, there were many from my state who pay money to the MNS to allow them to continue working in Mumbai. The whole air had been poisoned. There’s fear and it’s made us watchful and wary. I will not trust anything I am told here ever again. Last week, when Balasaheb passed away, I stayed at home. So did most of my friends. It’s better to be careful.

Old December 12th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Like i said earlier, ONLY is the skewed projected perception, not the reality.
That's right, everything is a matter of perception. BTW, here is how Thackeray deals with dissenting opinions and criticism. It's not exactly the kind of treatment anyone would wish to be subjected to.

That's enough for now. No more criticism of your dear departed leader. Happy New Year! (In advance.)

Quote:
It still feels like yesterday to filmmaker Hansal Mehta. In 2000, at the time of the release of his film Dil Pe Mat Le Yaar, he was viciously thrashed, his office vandalized and face blackened by Shiv Sena youth leaders. Later, he was summoned to Khar Danda and made to apologize in front of over 20,000 local people and politicians. All for an innocuous dialogue in the film that they thought was disrespectful towards their community. The incident is the closest that Mehta came to experiencing the power of Bal Thackeray. “He created this culture of fear and his entire cadre came to thrive on it,” he says.

Source: The Culture Of Fear
Old December 13th, 2012, 08:27 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayt View Post
Here are some "undeserving asses" that got kicked by the thuggery of the Thackeray clan. If there is this kind of Bhumiputra movement in every state, turning people from out-of-state into villains, things will get very difficult. I am sure you wouldn't want to be targeted in this fashion when you are working out of your home state. And it's not just about the physical assaults. The rhetoric itself, particularly when it comes from someone powerful, creates an environment of fear and suspicion.
thats true. creating fear is bad in this case.
(I am partial maharashtrian and I would of-course detest being treated unfairly for something I dont deserve)

Quote:
Eventually, I wrote a letter to Balasaheb explaining the situation to him. I asked that he stop his men from attacking and threatening me. I don’t know whether it was because of the letter but after a few days I got a call from some Sena people and they said they would not bother me anymore.

did you do not read the above? it clearly tells you that Balasaheb & Sena do not want trouble for undeserving ppl. But at the same time they realize that some undeserving ppl do suffer. Isnt that the case with whole India? The trouble always falls on the most undeserving ones while the real culprits remain untouched. Realise this. The system is to blame not only for this but also for large scale movement of ppl from their hometowns to elsewhere for BASIC NEEDS. Why Sena does not (& cannot) trouble an Ambani or a Tata? Or even a Kripashankar Singh?

Quote:
A north Indian bhelpuri seller, Manoj was a victim of Sena breakaway MNS’s goons

“I can still feel the shame and sting of that slap. Sometimes I think about it, and I feel humiliated.”

Manoj, 45

If the attack on us bhaiyyas happens again, I am prepared. I will not run away from this city but I will also not be foolish enough not to hide. Last time, when the MNS decided to attack north Indians, I was out in the streets. I thought they wouldn’t attack me. I was in Borivili going towards my usual spot on the main road to set up my stall. Suddenly out of nowhere a big group of men arrived, asked me what I was doing there. One of them asked me, “You don’t know you are not supposed to be here? Aren’t you a bhaiyya?” Even before he had finished speaking, another man slapped me. I can still feel the sting of that slap. Sometimes when I think about it, I still feel humiliated. But I try not to think about it. The past few years have been peaceful and I don’t think a thing like that can happen again. I just put my head down and do my work. There’s no point trying to prove anything. We have to feed our families. My parents, children, siblings are all dependent on me. There isn’t enough work back home to feed everyone. My brother has gone to Fatehpur (UP). He was beaten up twice during his stay here. He got scared and ran away. I told him that things would change in some time. But the second time he was beaten up even after paying protection money by boys from the same outfit. Once that happened, he was convinced nothing could save him. He took a train back home. There were no tickets available, yet he boarded one and went back for good. He’s scared of Mumbai and says he never coming back.

A lot of people I know went back home during that time. In Borivili, there were many from my state who pay money to the MNS to allow them to continue working in Mumbai. The whole air had been poisoned. There’s fear and it’s made us watchful and wary. I will not trust anything I am told here ever again. Last week, when Balasaheb passed away, I stayed at home. So did most of my friends. It’s better to be careful.

These brothers should go back to their home and ask their elected representative & their state govt. as to why they have to migrate for survival of their families? thats a much more logical question dont you think??
Sahara buys hotels in NY & London but local ppl dont have a means to basic livelihood. Thats amazing.
even is USA, there is a considerable section who thinks migration beyond a limit threatens their identity & livelihood.

Quote:
That's right, everything is a matter of perception. BTW, here is how Thackeray deals with dissenting opinions and criticism. It's not exactly the kind of treatment anyone would wish to be subjected to.

That's enough for now. No more criticism of your dear departed leader. Happy New Year! (In advance.)

It still feels like yesterday to filmmaker Hansal Mehta. In 2000, at the time of the release of his film Dil Pe Mat Le Yaar, he was viciously thrashed, his office vandalized and face blackened by Shiv Sena youth leaders. Later, he was summoned to Khar Danda and made to apologize in front of over 20,000 local people and politicians. All for an innocuous dialogue in the film that they thought was disrespectful towards their community. The incident is the closest that Mehta came to experiencing the power of Bal Thackeray. “He created this culture of fear and his entire cadre came to thrive on it,” he says.

Source: The Culture Of Fear
I dont know what was offensive hansal mehta's movie. was it offensive to maharashtrians or hindus or indians? you would agree that many many ppl in this country do insult our own religion, state, country in the most inappropriate way. Why does the system remain a mute spectator? I am not advocating instilling fear in the minds of ppl.

if you arrange the political parties of indian in heirarchy of who is the worst, put those parties at the top whose ppl have to migrate elsewhere for BASIC LIVELIHOOD. A Tata or an Ambani will certainly be welcome everywhere they go. Think about it.

The religious fervor of Sena is a different topic. Or do you want to club it with above?