eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old February 22nd, 2016, 11:20 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Ashdoc's short movie review---Deadpool

Normally I don't watch superhero movies . But hearing good reports I decided to take a chance on this one .

Ryan Reynolds plays a superhero ( Deadpool ) with a difference . He has to wear a mask not to hide his identity but to conceal the hideous disfigurement of his face . And his superhero powers are not inborn but as a result of gene mutation in a lab---a gene mutation he has gone for because it is the only hope to cure his terminal cancer .

But the people who caused the gene mutation which cured the cancer after numerous tortures but caused his facial disfigurement actually wanted to turn him into a superpowered slave to obey their clients---so they are not good people . And Ryan is out to get the chief of them---Ajax , played by Ed Skrein .

But Ajax comes to know of Deadpool's achilles' heel---his girlfriend ( played by Morena Baccharin ) , whom he deeply loves but wants to avoid because she might not be able to bear to see his facial disfigurement . And Ajax pounces upon this achilles' heel---the girlfriend . Deadpool takes the help of two X men---a female named Negasonic teenage warhead and a male named Rasputin to save his girl , while Ajax has the help of Angel dust who is female .

So is Deadpool able to save his girl ? Can he take revenge on Ajax ?
Watch the movie for that....

There are some good action sequences and some good humour in this movie . The movie has a self mocking tone and pretends to not take itself seriously---while it has a serious overtone actually . For the love between Wade ( Deadpool's real name in the movie ) and his girlfriend is real . So is is anguish at not being able to show himself to her after his disfigurement . And also his passion for undoing the wrongs done to him .

Special effects and photography are good . Acting is good from everybody . Morena Baccharin looks real nice . The villains look real mean . And I quite liked this fellow Deadpool with his deadpan sense of humour . And I liked the idea of an Indian taxi driver taking Deadpool to his destination with his arch rival in love locked up inside his car's boot !!---me being Indian, you know....

Verdict---Three and a half stars .
Old February 22nd, 2016, 12:27 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ashdoc's short movie review---Deadpool

I accompanied a couple of firangs to this one. They were laughing throughout where as i was sleeping through it. The only one which got out some laughter was when the Desi cab guy's trunk is hit from behind.
It tries to be different from other superhero movies but it only ends up being R rated 0 out of bounds for kids.
Old February 22nd, 2016, 12:44 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ashdoc's short movie review---Deadpool

So this movie is based on a Marvel Character Deadpool. He was know to break the fourth dimension and he was also know to talk a lot. That's what they have shown in the movies. This was a huge deal for all the comics fan as I witnessed in Comicon in San Diego.

So the fourth dimension is him talking to the viewers. We see that at the beginning of the movie and also in between where he turns around and talks to audience. Also there are many references to X Men. In fact Deadpool first appeared in one of the x-men movie and then got his own movie.
Also wait all the way till the end of the movie and I mean all the way to the end........

Watch the movie. It's not super hero. Deadpool was more of a super villan than hero........ I enjoyed it.
Leave your kids and old wife and friends like sgars at home , ( Not with your wife though )
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.