eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old November 26th, 2009, 07:17 AM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute
Post memory of 26/11/2008

4th of december,were my exams starting.generally i hate group studying but this was my last year and for once i thought i should associate my friends with studies too and not just enjoyment.

On 26th nov,2008 the plan was fixed.I went to my friend in Colaba,at his place to study.We had another friend coming who had to pick his elder brother at airport at 1 am the same night.I had my plan to go to cafe mondegar or some other good place for dinner with my cousin whose marriage was on 29th.He had taken a 7 pm appointment at the salon in Taj and was scheduled to finish his hair trimming,facial,manicure and pedicure by 10 pm,after that we were going to have dinner together.

at about 7-30 my cousin called me and said he couldnt make due to bad stomach and asked me to carry on with my plans.

Now my plans was to study with my friend by 9-30 or so and then go back home.I would have taken bus to CST station and then train to my place.I was planning to have my dinner at home and so i informed home that i was going to come.

but as usual plan didnt work out well ,i never came to know how time passed away and it was already 10 suddenly my friends father barged into his room telling us about the incident.

His father is a paranoid.and i smiled inside thinking it must not be something like that and his dad is exaggerating as usual.Within seconds i got a call from my home on my cell with the same news and i could not believe it.We could see the tomb of Taj just from his window and all 4 of us including his dad rusdhed to his balcony to see if we can make out something.It seemed normal that time.My friends dad stayed there while we cam back into his room with a sense of shock and disbelief on our faces

My dad called me again and started abusing me for selecting the same day to be in colaba as if the terrorists had informed me their activities before executing.My mother was all tears and told me to stay there while my dad asked me to bring my ass back via churchgate without wasting time.

My friends dad heard about this and snatched the phone from my hands and requested my dad to let me stay till things calm down.But by the time my dad already got a call from all his friends in Mumbai police and they had got news of chabad house and leopold ,so they were not so sure of the motive and no idea of what targets the terrorist had in mind and hence he asked my father to call me back home asap.

So my father was adamant about me returning.And my friends darpok papa said he would himself take me home and also drop my other friend.

will tell the remaining story later...
Old November 26th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: memory of 26/11/2008

Glad to know you turned out to be lucky and safe. Please do tell us the remaining part.
Old November 26th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Banned

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: memory of 26/11/2008

Yeah but the Kangress won. Gandhiji ki yaad karo!
Old November 26th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute

my safety was never a worry but everyone had lost their sense on that day.My father never gets so hyper but he was so stuck with the idea of calling me back and also wanted my friends dad to stay at home.
My Friends dad changed his clothes and told both of us that he is going to drop us at our respective houses.He took a revolver with him which looked very old and hadnt been maintained.Now i think about that scene and burst laughing,both me and my friend.but then we had this WTF expression on our face.
His father decided to carry it for safety.Now i wonder what if we were attacked??how helpful that revolver would have proved??
as we got down to the car,his father took a baseball bat from the back of the car.His father keeps it with him since the mumbai floodings.So if he gets trapped in the car and power windows fail,he would break the glass to come out.Another thing of his which makes me laugh now.
Suddenly my father called and asked my friends dad to drop me at crawford market beat,where my fathers friend would be waiting.we reached there and we sat in he police patrol car while my dad's friend and my friend's dad were discussing about the situation and safe route for them to go back to their place at colaba.
by this time it was almost 3 am or so and two terrorists were already nabbed at girgaum chowpatty.so the police patrol car went by the same route and we stopped near the sight for a brief period.With my dads frnd asking about the situation and made some calls to control room.

My mind was almost balnked when i saw the crashed car and blood stains around and my mind went into some kind of idle state till i reached home.

My other friend was whining like a bitch and wanted to go alone but my father asked his friend do drop him too.At home my father pounced on me and cursed me for being there at that time,generally i would have argued but i wasnt in that state.i could not sleep.
There were so many confusions and rumours that night.Felt like lost.Didnt know whom you should believe and whom shouldnt.Too many wrong infos and even the police were just predicting the motove and the mentality of the terrorists.

next morning at around 6 i decided to login echarcha and check the developments on the case.
Old November 26th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: memory of 26/11/2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanfanabhi View Post
My dad called me again and started abusing me for selecting the same day to be in colaba
hahahaha..i empathize with ya

just like naseeruddin hodja from tinkle who slaps a kid before he breaks the glass coz there would be no point in slapping him after the glass was broke a la minority report
Old November 26th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiBaba View Post
hahahaha..i empathize with ya

just like naseeruddin hodja from tinkle who slaps a kid before he breaks the glass coz there would be no point in slapping him after the glass was broke a la minority report
later on he justified this this by saying that he thought , we might go out to eat and he knew gateway was our adda whenever we went to his place in colaba.
Old November 26th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Senior eCharchan

now we laugh but that time sab kee gand fati thi..for example my friend (my frnd who stayed in colaba) that his dad looked like rambo ..with baseball bat in one hand and a rusty revolver in other..but at that situation he was scared as he never knew his dad had a revolver.
Old November 26th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
now we laugh but that time sab kee gand fati thi..for example my friend (my frnd who stayed in colaba) that his dad looked like rambo ..with baseball bat in one hand and a rusty revolver in other..but at that situation he was scared as he never knew his dad had a revolver.
No matter how much we take care, we still panic when the time comes. Very natural I guess.
One day i would like to own a gun.
Old November 26th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
No matter how much we take care, we still panic when the time comes. Very natural I guess.
not a bad idea .avoid a gun if you have grown up kids at home.You have to keep the gun handy so you can tackle with situation but with kids a home its difficult.

my frnds dad used to be a normal man till my friend lost his 12 yo elder brother in 93 mumbai blasts.since then he is insecure and gets hyper and excited when something like 26/11 happens.
Old November 26th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:

my frnds dad used to be a normal man till my friend lost his 12 yo elder brother in 93 mumbai blasts.since then he is insecure and gets hyper and excited when something like 26/11 happens.
Oh no! well, his insecurity seems reasonable given the circumstances.
I also have a very sad unforgettable experience to share. But not relating to Mumbai blasts. Guess this is thread is only for Mumbai blasts.
Old November 26th, 2009, 10:13 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh no! well, his insecurity seems reasonable given the circumstances.
I also have a very sad unforgettable experience to share. But not relating to Mumbai blasts. Guess this is thread is only for Mumbai blasts.
Many of us do. I was here during 1992 and 2002 riots and umpteen floods and an earthquake and a near drowning in childhood. So please post a separate thread or use the what's up thread.
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old November 26th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Banned

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Whats all this? You are the strongest advocate of Taklu Gandhi here. His teachings have been lost on you?? Gandhi ji wore such less clothes and just a lathi. You better start using lathis.

So hyprocritical of you. I cant belive that you a self professed Gandhi fan can say such things.
Old November 27th, 2009, 04:36 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post

Whats all this? You are the strongest advocate of Taklu Gandhi here. His teachings have been lost on you?? Gandhi ji wore such less clothes and just a lathi. You better start using lathis.

So hyprocritical of you. I cant belive that you a self professed Gandhi fan can say such things.
Hey just because I like Gandhian principles doesn't mean that I agree with him him 100%. I have always said so in my other threads.