eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Taaza Khabar - Current news

Notices

Taaza Khabar - Current news Discuss the latest news making waves...

Old September 28th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Farewell to a hero : Indian Army Major killed in Kashmir encounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshp View Post
This is where you go wrong. So, your vile remarks against me are all because I didnt post about the soldier who died along with Major Suri? Before sitting on your pedestal and lecturing me, why didnt you make an effort about posting about this soldier?

You have some pre-conceived notions about Indian Army and you feel the need to rub them onto this situation! Fine! If you are so right about the army being elistist, why did a Major die in this operation and not just jawans? Because your 'elitist' officier was leading from the front unlike his counterparts in western armies! Mind you, this officier is not just Lt or Captain, he is a Major - meaning he is a commander of more than few companies or even second in command of a battalion (roughly 1000 soldiers in a Rashtriya Rifles battalion) for all even know! Look at deaths of US Army soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan and tell me why there are no death of officiers while in Kashmir, officiers as high as colonels were in killed in CT operations? Mind you, these officiers have died not during attacks on them but during raids on terrorists hideouts and encounters! Next time, you shoot your mouth off about the officiers in the Indian Army, do your research!
In reality, I think none of us even the Jawans can claim to understand what the Indian Army is all about ...for you in a civilian role or for the buddy next to the soldier who died in action, I dont understand, how knowing the person and writing or posting about him will bring him back ... for all you know, it might pain the near and dear ones who are trying to fill up the vaccum he had left ...
Old September 28th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
there is some problem....i cant give reps to this also.
this is what we can do ashdoc pai ... give tributes and give reps ... convenience I must say ... folks have boiled a death of a person to a sacrifice and the other folks who agree to this ideology keep agreeing and solidifying their idea and expect that the other is naive to not understand it ...

A single word comes to my mind:

"convenience"
Old September 28th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Idli Ninja

krishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshp View Post
This is where you go wrong. So, your vile remarks against me are all because I didnt post about the soldier who died along with Major Suri? Before sitting on your pedestal and lecturing me, why didnt you make an effort about posting about this soldier?

You have some pre-conceived notions about Indian Army and you feel the need to rub them onto this situation! Fine! If you are so right about the army being elistist, why did a Major die in this operation and not just jawans? Because your 'elitist' officier was leading from the front unlike his counterparts in western armies! Mind you, this officier is not just Lt or Captain, he is a Major - meaning he is a commander of more than few companies or even second in command of a battalion (roughly 1000 soldiers in a Rashtriya Rifles battalion) for all even know! Look at deaths of US Army soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan and tell me why there are no death of officiers while in Kashmir, officiers as high as colonels were in killed in CT operations? Mind you, these officiers have died not during attacks on them but during raids on terrorists hideouts and encounters! Next time, you shoot your mouth off about the officiers in the Indian Army, do your research!
Per your terse response, and for the sake of clarity, "this soldier" is named Naik Khushal Singh. He had a family. They grieve for him, just like the Major's widow. Except, his funeral wasn't broadcast like that of the Major.
I'll stipulate, the American officers are pussies. They can't lead. They direct their soldiers from the comfort of air conditioned offices. How does this excuse the death of enlisted men in India going unnoticed? How does this excuse the low morale of the Indian Army?
Why are Indian Jawans killing their officers?
Give me a fucking break! Two men died, but you only want to bid farewell to the Major! I mean seriously dude...what gives? Is Naik Khushal Singh less Indian? Was he not martyred? Is his life less significant?
Old September 28th, 2009, 05:26 PM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by landyaBhai View Post
folks have boiled a death of a person to a sacrifice and the other folks who agree to this ideology keep agreeing and solidifying their idea and expect that the other is naive to not understand it ...
Yep! By getting reps, I am making profit over dead bodies! Awesome, what will you throw at me next? Kuch bhi!

Its become a bad thing to even mourn the death of our soldiers.

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old September 28th, 2009, 05:34 PM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishna View Post
Per your terse response, and for the sake of clarity, "this soldier" is named Naik Khushal Singh. He had a family. They grieve for him, just like the Major's widow. Except, his funeral wasn't broadcast like that of the Major.
I'll stipulate, the American officers are pussies. They can't lead. They direct their soldiers from the comfort of air conditioned offices. How does this excuse the death of enlisted men in India going unnoticed? How does this excuse the low morale of the Indian Army?
Why are Indian Jawans killing their officers?
Give me a fucking break! Two men died, but you only want to bid farewell to the Major! I mean seriously dude...what gives? Is Naik Khushal Singh less Indian? Was he not martyred? Is his life less significant?
Fine! I didnt post about this jawan. Not just him, I havent posted about hundreds of soldiers that have died in last few months. Why dont you do the needful and post the name and profiles and pictures of all those men? You give a f*cking break! I came across an article about this soldier, I posted it thinking it will help people here know more about what our soldiers are doing for us! I didnt think whether the officer's sacrifice is more valuable than a soldier! You want to make that assumption about me, good for you!

As for morale of the Indian Army, its fine. Incidence of fragging happen in every army esp. when men are on the edge for months together. If you are deployed on CT and border duties, its high stress situation. If anything they have come down in the past year due to new measure undertaken by the army to relieve stress among soldiers.

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old September 28th, 2009, 05:48 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Somebody please close this thread NOW, yaar..

Shraddhanjali ka thread ab gaali galauj me badal raha hai..
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old September 28th, 2009, 08:17 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
sorry ramesh ,i am clicking on your post to give you rep .

but some problem .

i wiil give rep later.
chalo dey diyaa rep.........
Old September 29th, 2009, 02:44 AM
Banned

sprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by raniraja View Post
Somebody please close this thread NOW, yaar..

Shraddhanjali ka thread ab gaali galauj me badal raha hai..

I dont know why people want to close thread so easily and frequently now-a-days...any answers? This was something very rare back then

jahan discussion shuru...wahan aa jaate hain extinguisher lekar...coward and darpok people

back to thread...

Few days back I warned you guyz (in janmashtami thread) that see the occasion and emotions and then post your 'responsible' replies. The same thing happened here also. A soldier laid down his life braving the state's enemy and I have people showing their anger on politicians and bureaucracy and what not
Too much abstract and so-called practical thinking can ruin an occasion. So to speak..landyaji keep philosophy out (with due respect)...DB..we can complain about politicians in 'n' number of threads () and krishna...we post stuff that we get sitting in our air-conditioned cubicles. If you are lucky to get details about the other martyr then you can post it here and rest assured he will be trated by us in same way as we will treat any other guy from armed forces ().In short, when you guys attend a funeral next time, pray for the departed soul and remember good things about him and not get hyper-critical about the situation. You are allowed to get critical at later date or time but when the time is for funeral..it is for funeral! And this thread is to pay homage. Open new threads titled 'why the fu(k we should loose soldiers coz of politicians' or 'why only higher army ranks gets noticed" and we will continue discussion there

anyways, RIP soldier. Any person in any job , who does his duty with complete dedication and selflessness and whose vision is to see a developed, safe and peaceful society is worth a salute

Last edited by sprite; September 29th, 2009 at 04:25 AM.
Old September 29th, 2009, 04:36 AM
eCharchan

Mr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond repute

RIP
&
thanks to all the soldiers.
Old September 29th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprite View Post

I dont know why people want to close thread so easily and frequently now-a-days...any answers? This was something very rare back then

jahan discussion shuru...wahan aa jaate hain extinguisher lekar...coward and darpok people

back to thread...

Few days back I warned you guyz (in janmashtami thread) that see the occasion and emotions and then post your 'responsible' replies. The same thing happened here also. A soldier laid down his life braving the state's enemy and I have people showing their anger on politicians and bureaucracy and what not
Too much abstract and so-called practical thinking can ruin an occasion. So to speak..landyaji keep philosophy out (with due respect)...DB..we can complain about politicians in 'n' number of threads () and krishna...we post stuff that we get sitting in our air-conditioned cubicles. If you are lucky to get details about the other martyr then you can post it here and rest assured he will be trated by us in same way as we will treat any other guy from armed forces ().In short, when you guys attend a funeral next time, pray for the departed soul and remember good things about him and not get hyper-critical about the situation.
See Spriteji, you dont understand ... I have never said that the soldier doesnt deserve our salutes ... what I am talking about the is gravity of the sacrifice ... I really am very ignorant about this sacrifice, but I know I cant do it ...

What you are doing here, is reading a mental image of mine and interpreting what I have mentioned in your own way ... So screw you when you dont understand and label it as philosophy ...
Old September 29th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
So what is wrong with this ... Who are you to tell anyone what we should post or not ... Your version of tributes may be like the things we do in Valentines day ... Express it in words with a greeting card ... and be happy that you are done expressing your solidarity and what not ... I am not saying dont do that or it is wrong or it is right ...

if you want I can still continue discussing but with this holier than fucking thou attitude I feel pretty stupid to come to echarcha and discuss for I think I would be labeled as some weirdo among you realists ... not that I am expecting some popularity ...

The last thing you want to do is to tell everyone what they should express ... drives folks like me out of echarcha ...
Old September 29th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by landyaBhai View Post
So what is wrong with this ... Who are you to tell anyone what we should post or not ... Your version of tributes may be like the things we do in Valentines day ... Express it in words with a greeting card ... and be happy that you are done expressing your solidarity and what not ... I am not saying dont do that or it is wrong or it is right ...

if you want I can still continue discussing but with this holier than fucking thou attitude I feel pretty stupid to come to echarcha and discuss for I think I would be labeled as some weirdo among you realists ... not that I am expecting some popularity ...

The last thing you want to do is to tell everyone what they should express ... drives folks like me out of echarcha ...
Echarcha is an excellent place to get a Satori....some of us here are like Zen masters hitting the junior monks (or monkeys) with a staff (verbally) for no reason at all....then obviously your ego gets hurt and that is exactly the point in time where you need to ask yourself..."Who is getting agitated...is it really me...wherefrom does this agitation spring forth"?
After getting whacked enough times, you can either achieve "self-realization" or we tell you...don't let the door hit you in the rear
Old September 29th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurandhar View Post
Echarcha is an excellent place to get a Satori....some of us here are like Zen masters hitting the junior monks (or monkeys) with a staff (verbally) for no reason at all....then obviously your ego gets hurt and that is exactly the point in time where you need to ask yourself..."Who is getting agitated...is it really me...wherefrom does this agitation spring forth"?
After getting whacked enough times, you can either achieve "self-realization" or we tell you...don't let the door hit you in the rear
Dhurs, I knew the agitation arising in me as it started arising in me ... The fact is I dont think that folks should combine Zen-ism with Gandhiasm ... It is another thing where folks are oblivious of their mental dispositions and then claim to intellectually talk about big words like sacrifice, salutations, tributes, death, nationalism and what not ... atleast you can understand that agitation can disturb the awareness but only for a short time ... by suppressing it, one is actually allowing agitation to enter through the backdoor ... and you know what happens when it enters through the backdoor ... As it is we are unaware almost 99% of the time ...

the fact of the matter is, folks want to salute for every brave soldier who lays down their life ... I am not denying that one shouldnt do it .. who am I to tell anyone ... but Puhleeease stop labeling things as philosophy when the other is talking about big things like sacrifice, and expects words to fill their tributes ... if they can expect that, then it is naive to stop the others to talk about the root problem, the spinelessness of our politicians ... at least that is how real it can get ... much better than black-box like words ... And the best part is half of the folks here are quick to jump and label the other thing as philosophy whilst they dont check to see whether the words they have used isnt philosophical enough ...
Old September 29th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Banned

sprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond repute

yaar shayad main tum sab ke emotions nahi samjhata..sorry landyaji if it caused hurt.
Old September 29th, 2009, 10:58 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yaar shayad main tum sab ke emotions nahi samjhata..sorry landyaji if it caused hurt.
मैने पहले ही कहा था, शब्दो पर मत जाओ, भावनाओ को समझो.. सिर्फ़ Swamy ही एक समझदार बंदा है इधर.
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied