eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old May 23rd, 2015, 07:13 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Movies watched on a plane.

Now, on a plane, select movies available and watch you feel is good. Now, this i feel reflects the true worth of a movie. Unlike FDFS, you are not watching it for the kick or based on the hype.

Some movies from me.

1. Devil wears Prada - i found it decent. But only on wikiing it much later, i found that it was supposed to be a comedy!

2. Bheja Fry - Loved it. i was laughing loudly and every one else was watching me.

3. F.A.L.T.U - irritating. i have actually put the same review here.

4. Golmaal (the Ajay Devgan one) Not too bad, but did not like it very much too.

5. Chakravyuh - This is the reason for me starting this thread. i never heard of the movie before i found this in the plane. But i found this quite gripping. THough this supports the naxalites, i like the performances of the actors Abhay Deol and Arjun Rampal.

Next one on the movies seen in the bus....
Old May 25th, 2015, 05:21 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Movies watched on a plane.

I have never seen a movie in the bus. My feel-good movie I can remember from the flight is English-Vinglish.
Old May 25th, 2015, 06:00 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Now Movies in a Bus - Seen many, but the ones i remember

1. Hadh kar di aapne - Really enjoyed this one. For a change, was laughing with everyone.
2. 7G Vrindavan Colony - I have already talked about this in another thread and copy pasted my review from MS. I found it a torture.
3. Chopra movies Mohabattein and DTPH - i avoided them every where and finally they caught up with me on Bus rides. After seeing Mohabattein, i felt pity on Big B, that he had to act in such a movie to come out of his 'Bure Din'. On DTPH, well, felt the same for Akshay Kumar. i almost laughed one hearing the premise that if the Valentine's day is a full moon night, whoever is the last one to call you becomes your life partner.
Old May 25th, 2015, 06:53 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
On DTPH, well, felt the same for Akshay Kumar. i almost laughed one hearing the premise that if the Valentine's day is a full moon night, whoever is the last one to call you becomes your life partner.
Really? When was that? Its been a while since I saw this movie though. Mohabattein was in college days. I remember many guys writing love notes on leaves for their ladies
Old May 25th, 2015, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
Really? When was that? Its been a while since I saw this movie though. Mohabattein was in college days. I remember many guys writing love notes on leaves for their ladies
Some 30-45 minutes into the movie. Madhuri is about to sleep and Hakla ends up calling her due to some misplaced cake or package. Both were on Netflix (they still may be). i have avoided Mohabattein, but watch DTPH in a forward mode trying to see only the songs.
Old May 25th, 2015, 12:58 PM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

I remember watching these movies:

- Mission Impossible
- This french movie about a poor, country family winning the lottery and moving to Monte Carlo. This was was hilarious.
- Frozen
- Amore. . a silly movie starring the Ring actress and House of Cards actress.

Old May 25th, 2015, 01:16 PM
Banned

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

Folk, I have not much traveled via plane recently, for a long time, so, not much experience here.
Long ago, they were showing ‘Coming to America’ and 'Ramavtar' of Sridevi’ movies at taht time, and that I remember, on my long international flights.

BTW did anyone happened to have
such kind of bakhad-jantar, if the flight crew had done,
or say,.. air-hostesses had danced on Bolly tunes and you have had picturized your own video in your cameras, out of it,..

Has anyone, such narration of their own experiences?

Balam Pichkaari - Holi Dance Mujara on the plane at 35000 feet,..,...a day ago,...on Holi,...
What do ya think,..

Revised Full length video :
SpiceJet Holi Dance Celebration - On Balam Pichkari - Spice jet Holi Celebrations - YouTube

Surprise Dance on Finnair Flight to celebrate India's Republic Day - YouTube ( this was a year+ ago...)

The staff was sued of spicejet,. for making it a dace floor at 35000 feet and pilot with dark glasses left the cockpit cabin
and started taking pictures of curves of air hostesses !! - Plane's center of gravity line was lost, perhaps may causing it to tilt on one side !

Watch SpiceJet cabin crew spicing up Holi with dance inside aircraft aisle - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_yW1zdQzaY

Old May 26th, 2015, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
Checked it again. It is on Netflix. This is a dialog sequence 36 minutes into the movie. A bit different from what i said but on the same lines.
Old May 26th, 2015, 04:57 AM

i saw Tanu weds Manu in the Batch with FALTU. Found it too slow and boring. Like FALTU, i forwarded to the end after first half hour. Though i find her a better actress than DP, i dont find her worthy of being chased by multiple guys as in this one.
Old May 26th, 2015, 07:27 AM
Banned

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
i saw Tanu weds Manu in the Batch with FALTU. Found it too slow and boring. Like FALTU, i forwarded to the end after first half hour. Though i find her a better actress than DP, i dont find her worthy of being chased by multiple guys as in this one.

Sgar saar:

IMHO, Tanu weds Manu was not that bad, it was fun-filled, home-family styled movie and an entertaining one and was a nicely made. I guess, your taste of the movies and serials arena is totally n' a quite different, n' what you had listed a long list from the netflix, I swear,.. I had not even touched any of those even with a 20 feet pole, and even if, the company/producer is to pay me to watch those, I doubt, I still would be the game.

Yrs choice-factor, is totally different than the normal stream, truly.

Last edited by Jagmohan; May 26th, 2015 at 07:33 AM.
Old May 26th, 2015, 07:41 AM

Jaggu Ji, my opinion is in general ulti khopdi especially wrt bollywood or any other desi wood. Like almost all the Tamil Friends scoffed at me when i told that a 2002 Kamal Hasan starer 'Anbe Sivam' was a stupid movie. Only one guy said 'A useless commie movie'. And you might join peaceseeker in having opposite tastes to mine.
Old May 26th, 2015, 07:49 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Other than the songs and some funny dialogues, I didn't like the movie. Ladki beizzati kar rahi hai phir bhi banda despo hai.. pencho move on, there is lot of fish in the sea. And later her BF has a change of heart all of a sudden and she too starts to fall for a loser (acc to her). Kind of a BS story. I had the same problem with Akshay Kumar's movie Namaste London.
Old May 26th, 2015, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Other than the songs and some funny dialogues, I didn't like the movie. Ladki beizzati kar rahi hai phir bhi banda despo hai.. pencho move on, there is lot of fish in the sea. And later her BF has a change of heart all of a sudden and she too starts to fall for a loser (acc to her). Kind of a BS story. I had the same problem with Akshay Kumar's movie Namaste London.

Thats what i also thought.
Old May 26th, 2015, 09:40 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

I usually watch chinese/japanese movies on flights... and thus, can't mentioned their names here... why because I do not remember. But have seen a lot of good action movies.

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old May 26th, 2015, 10:40 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Many years ago and this is prolly the best movie I ever watched on a plane.. based on a real life story .. 'Flash of Genius'

For me its a 4 on 5. Many inventors have been conned by big corps, and this guy fights till the very end risking everything for his dignity, in the end probably way too much.

Quote:
Robert Kearns takes on the Detroit automakers who he claims stole his idea for the intermittent windshield wiper.