eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old November 16th, 2001, 01:24 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Stomach Upset- Clever analysis by family doctor- drink water first thing in the day

Okay before you all derail this thread and do total gandmasti here, please read this carefully and then add your views. This is a serious health related question.

I used to have stomach upsets during my college days. I had imporper bowel movement and at random times of teh day. I guess all this die to the vada pav cooked in cheap oil in our canteen, smoking and ocassional paan. I visited a doctor near our college and he asked me to have my blood and urine and stools tested. Then he gave me some medicines and all was well for a few days.

Later I had the same problem and I decided to visit my family doctor who had treated me since I was a very small kid.

I asked him if he wanted any blood, urine, stool tests done. I also showed him the medicines I was prescribed before.

My family doctor said no I dont need stool tests. He asked me to have my bowel movements in a commode toilet if possible and look if my stools floated or sank before I flushed them.

The next day I reported that they sank. Well he said that this was an indicator that my digestive system was not working at optimum levels. To my surprise my doctor, being an allopathy practitioner, prescibed an Ayurvedic medicine "Mahashankwati" tablets.

He asked me to drink as much water as I could in the morning before tea. Also to drink as much as I could before going to bed. Also to eat atleast 2 hours before sleeping or if this time interval was not possible then eat just a fruit before going to bed.

Since then, touch wood, I have not had any problems like acidity or stomach upsets. Now I dont need the medicine too.

I know many of you are waiting to add your 'expert comments' but I just thought of sharing this health tip with you folks.

Okay first answer seriously and then.. I know I cant stop you folks...

Last edited by echarcha; November 16th, 2001 at 01:27 PM.
Old November 16th, 2001, 01:29 PM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
I always drink a glass of water first thing in the morning and as the last thing before going to bed (Yes even after all the beers I would have consumed). I also make it a point to drink atleast 8 glasses of water during the day. Up side is I have absolutely no problems with digestion. But down side is for the first few weeks you do this.. you will have to spend most of your productive time in the toilet (peeing) so if possible have your network connection shifted to the nearest toilet stall and have your computer installed there for the first few weeks.

It is absolute fact that many people do not drink enuf water during the day which increases the acidity in the stomach leading to all kinds of problems including but not limited to sinkers, floaters and just plain gas.
Old November 16th, 2001, 01:35 PM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute
hmmmmmmm .. now that "Cereal" thread by echarcha makes some sense

Charcha pai .. yeh kya ho raha hai .. why the sudden uro-fecal fascination??
Old November 16th, 2001, 01:37 PM
Junior eCharchan

Rebel is on a distinguished road
Intresting info.

I know Drinking lot of water is good but when to drink is new. thanks.

Another tip. My gran pa used to do

Store water(about 2 to 3 glass) over nite in a copper container, add few tulasi leaves.
After morning ablutions drink the water.

Spoonfull of honey and lime juice mix is also good.
Old November 16th, 2001, 01:38 PM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Rebel
Intresting info.

Store water(about 2 to 3 glass) over nite in a copper container, add few tulasi leaves.

Bel pai is ko pani nahi sharbat kahte hain..
Old November 16th, 2001, 01:39 PM
Simple Indian Muslim

videsee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nice
Critical is to have a gap (preferably two hours) between dinner and bed time. This becomes even MORE important as one ages as most of us desis just eat and go to sleep! I too used to do that and have now started eating earlier!

Mark Twain
Old November 16th, 2001, 01:41 PM
Pelu Pelu

Quote:
Originally posted by videsee
Critical is to have a gap (preferably two hours) between dinner and bed time. This becomes even MORE important as one ages as most of us desis just eat and go to sleep! I too used to do that and have now started eating earlier!

Yaa especially if you are planning to have sex.. or else you will be breathless a trifle sooner.
Old November 16th, 2001, 01:42 PM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

of stools and shankhwati ...
Old November 16th, 2001, 01:53 PM
Pelu Pelu

Quote:
Intresting info.

While you are at it.. add a couple of tomatos, a bit of tamarind juice, couple of green chillis, rasam powder, salt to taste and boil..very dilisos..
Old November 16th, 2001, 01:55 PM
Simple Indian Muslim

videsee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by GpeL

While you are at it.. add a couple of tomatos, a bit of tamarind juice, couple of green chillis, rasam powder, salt to taste and boil..very dilisos..
Add two large shots of vodka for better effect!!!!

Mark Twain
Old November 16th, 2001, 01:57 PM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute
Reminds me of an old childrens story .. Stone Soup... Anyone remember that ??
Old November 16th, 2001, 01:58 PM
Junior eCharchan

Rebel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by GpeL

U got it wrong. I did not say to mix mater with honey and lime juice.

honey and lime juice is taken after that.

Yup Rassam is not a bad idea. If you want i can give you recipe of goat leg soup. Its good b'for S..
Old November 16th, 2001, 02:00 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Now how many of you will check

tomorrow if your stoll floats or does the Titanic?
Old November 16th, 2001, 02:01 PM
Pelu Pelu

You want a count too of how many floaters and sinkers? I can do that for you.. are aap ke liye kuch bhi kar sakte hain.
Old November 16th, 2001, 02:02 PM
Pelu Pelu

Quote:

Yup Rassam is not a bad idea. If you want i can give you recipe of goat leg soup. Its good b'for S..

Yup.. buy a goat and then visit our bakarwadi thread it tells you many ways to treat a goat.. then cut its leg and put it in the rasam recipe above.. thats it it's that simple