eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old March 30th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Junior eCharchan

fluriana is on a distinguished road
Ajmal Kasab gets lawyer to defend him

On the day Pakistan weathered a guerrilla style attack, India's

26/11 attacker Ajmal Amir Qasab got a lawyer. The Indian government appointed Anjali Waghmare -- a civil and criminal lawyer to defend the only terrorist who was captured alive after the attacks.

The 40-year-old government lawyer from Pune is on her toughest assignment.

"Qasab's case cannot start without a lawyer. Everyone should get an equal opportunity to be heard," Anjali said.

The court was forced to appoint a lawyer after few came forward to represent the terrorist. Threats from the Shiv Sena made lawyers even more reluctant. So isn't Anjali worried about her security?

"I am not scared because The people of Maharashtra and people of this country are my security. There is no fear. I have been chosen because I am psychologically prepared," she said.

The court also introduced Qasab to his new lawyer.

"This is your lawyer, Anjali Waghmare. She knows Hindi, Marathi and English. So there is no need to translate the chargesheet in Urdu now," the judge informed Qasab.

When the judge asked if Qasab needs anything else, the lone terrorist captured alive after the 26/11 attacks made a demand for newspapers.

The court has also appointed K P Pawar as the junior lawyer in the case. Now that Qasab has been given defence counsel, it removes the only impediment for the start of the trial.

Source : NDTV
Old March 30th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ajmal Kasab gets lawyer to defend him

Beta,
Last time admin gave you some links for newbies.... you never bothered to read them...go back read them and format your post.

Old March 30th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah!

And now she pulled back already.

Abe baasi akhbaar fluriana.......its not breaking news anymore.

This is breaking news.

Quote:

Poornima Swaminathan & Mayura JanwalkarTuesday, March 31, 2009 1:23 IST

Mumbai: Suspected Shiv Sena activists attacked the residence of lawyer Anjali Waghmare at Worli in central Mumbai late on Monday night.
Earlier in the day, Waghmare was appointed to represent Mohammed Ajmal Amir aka Kasab, the lone terrorist to be captured alive in the Mumbai terror attacks of November 2008.

About 50 protesters raised slogans and pelted stones at the lawyer's residence shortly before midnight, police said. Two vans of police were rushed to the spot to disperse the crowd.

Soon after, Waghmare told DNA that she had decided to give up Ajmal's brief. "People had come here with morchas," she said. "Nobody has been hurt. I am not in a position to talk right now. But I've decided to withdraw from the case."
Old March 30th, 2009, 02:26 PM
The Observer !

Honest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond repute

@Fluriana

Aaj toh tumhari watt hai boss. Woh dekho..................Cha Pai aa rahe hain....!
Old March 30th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

I think our user fluriana has not read what I instructed in an earlier thread posted without proper formatting in Breaking News.

If I can show respect to a newcomer and allow first time mistake, its fluriana's responsibility to reciprocate. Looks like this one does not understand behaviour in a community.

So I am banning fluriana for couple of days. Once some sense prevails, we can let this user back in.

And if its an old id, I dont care to even look up IPs and all that. So if you are an old id, and you think you can irritate me, you are wrong. I dont let these things happen at all. I completely ban such users at the IP level.
Old March 30th, 2009, 09:45 PM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute

This is not good! Shiv sena are acting like bunch of dumbf*cks which we all know they are! Under our law, this monster will go scott free if the court cant provide him a lawyer and a proper trial! Time for SC to step in and take charge of the case, maybe move it to Delhi or some other better place than lawless Mumbai! Also, time for govt to rein in these f*ckturds who are causing more harm than good in the name of patriotism!

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old March 31st, 2009, 11:56 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshp View Post
This is not good! Shiv sena are acting like bunch of dumbf*cks which we all know they are! Under our law, this monster will go scott free if the court cant provide him a lawyer and a proper trial! Time for SC to step in and take charge of the case, maybe move it to Delhi or some other better place than lawless Mumbai! Also, time for govt to rein in these f*ckturds who are causing more harm than good in the name of patriotism!
When the moral code of conduct is in force,why is the EC silent