eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old August 13th, 2014, 07:33 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Weekend dillemma - What to watch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Holocaust movies are so painful to watch, and some scenes are just utter bliss.. like the one where the young Jew comes out in the rain at night and just cherishes the few moments under the stars and in open air. The last few minutes of this movie are so painful.
There is a book (it was suggested to me by someone in EC itself...I think it was Chitrala) by name, "This Way for the Gas, Ladies and Gentlemen". This was written by a survivor Tadeusz Borowski in one of the Nazi camps.
It was a very interesting and insightful read and i highly recommend it if you want to know what its like in those days. It's a real life story inspired by the author's stay in the Concentration camp. This man was not one of the Nazi Resistance groups but his girl friend with whom he was in love, was. So, he goes to a meeting place where resistance groups stay to get arrested and to stay in the same concentration camp as his girl friend.

What i really found interesting was the way author narrates the stories in the camp, devoid of any judgement or emotions. Like, he would describe how medical experiments are performed on identical twins (eventually killing them) in the same tone he would describe how the weather is this morning. At one point I felt he was almost sympathizing the Nazi's for they are the one's who are required to torture people.
The approach was very clinical in the sense that you get told what happened. Whether you want to feel emotional or want to judge is up to the reader.

and...you know, I am rambling now in a thread which is completely unrelated to concentration camps. maybe in another book thread if you are interested.
Old August 13th, 2014, 07:35 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I just bought it on amazon .. should be a good read, I haven't read a war book before.
Another suggestion is Band of Brothers by Stephen Ambrose. Excellent read.

And I did mention This way for the Gas, ladies and Gentlemen, right?
Old August 26th, 2014, 01:13 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
Another suggestion is Band of Brothers by Stephen Ambrose. Excellent read.

And I did mention This way for the Gas, ladies and Gentlemen, right?
Loving this book (Lone Survivor) .. read a couple chapters so far.. thinking of saving it for my India flight

thanks.. will look those up and will consult your list of books to buy from india

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; August 26th, 2014 at 01:21 PM.
Old August 27th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Loving this book (Lone Survivor) .. read a couple chapters so far.. thinking of saving it for my India flight

thanks.. will look those up and will consult your list of books to buy from india
you know I thought you recommended The Last Castle...instead of Lone Survivor. Ended up watching The Last castle. lol
Old September 3rd, 2014, 11:55 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
you know I thought you recommended The Last Castle...instead of Lone Survivor. Ended up watching The Last castle. lol
lol.. anyway how was it?

I found another book to buy from India.. its in Hindi though. documenting all in this thread, so I have my list ready in 2 weeks when I leave for a vacation to Indiaaaaaaaaaaa.

Hum Sab Fake Hain

Author: Neeraj Badhwar

Description

विज्ञापन प्रदेश में रहनेवाली ज्यादातर लड़कियों का मैंने यही चरित्र देखा है। ये जरा भी डिमांडिंग नहीं होतीं। लड़का 150 सीसी की बाइक चलाए तो उस पर लट्टू हो जाती हैं, 125 सीसी की बाइक ले आए तो भी फ्लैट हो जाती हैं। गाड़ी के इंजन का इनके पिकअप पर कोई फर्क नहीं पड़ता। ये आदतन सैल्फ स्टार्ट होती हैं। प्रभावित होने के लिए कोई शर्त नहीं रखतीं। बंदरछाप लड़का कबूतरछाप दंतमंजन भी लगाता है तो उसे दिल दे बैठती हैं। ढंग का डियो लगाने पर उसके कपड़े फाड़ देती हैं। आम तौर पर लड़कियों को पान-गुटखे से भले जितनी नफरत हो, लेकिन विज्ञापनबालाएँ उसी को दिल देती हैं, जो खास कंपनी का गुटखा खाता है। मानो बरसों से ऐसे ही लड़के की तलाश में हों, जो जर्दा या गुटखा खाता हो।
Old November 17th, 2014, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
Dont say anything about thalaiva.....
Again thalaiva has said he's going to enter politics.. just playing media to promote new movie? or is it real this time?
Old November 17th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Again thalaiva has said he's going to enter politics.. just playing media to promote new movie? or is it real this time?
No idea. But if he does end up coming, he sure will get a lot of support.
Old November 17th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
lol.. anyway how was it?
It was an OK movie.
Old March 7th, 2015, 08:04 PM
Banned

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

Hindi Movie :: " Dirty Politics "

Just watched the movie " Dirty Politics " of Mallika Sherawat, with
other star-cast, staff like, anupam kher, om puri, Jackie, Rajpal yadav,
Naseeruddin shah, Ashutosh rana,... etc

Nthg new,.. just like those past Politician movies - Raajneeti and Satyagrah kinda movie,...

Dense sex/love-making scenes of Mallika and Budhdha Om puri,.. like his old movie aashtha that had Rekha

Bare naked gaalis, w/ words like Ch**ya and Bahen** ,
just like Rani mukharjee speaks in Mardaani... but by Mallika / Om puri,..here.

Mallika's song : Mere ghaaghare ke liye ghamsaan machi hai,...
has famous tunes, just like last time's,... Jalebi baayi,. !

Movie is 3.0 / 5 - nthg new, or,.. that's any extra ordinary,... just an average time-pass, IMHO.

Movie is basically for Mallika lovers and her perfect navel and weist,.. Coke bottle figure and an hour-glass body,
who acts as a Nartaki and does prostitution / kept of OM puri,...
later, she makes sex video tapes with him, gets the top politician positions and black-mails him,.. !

Here is the movie in good DVD qlty - Watch Full screen.
Dirty Politics HD - Freeonlinemovies.me | ********** - Your next generation video portal

Last edited by Jagmohan; March 7th, 2015 at 10:02 PM.
Old March 7th, 2015, 10:58 PM
Always on target

jeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond repute

I watched Last season of Breaking bad, thinking of watching Apollo 13 next?

jeetIAF
Old March 29th, 2015, 12:47 PM
Banned

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

Well,. despite of the title of this Thread,.. here is the movie - What NOT to watch, rather !

Watched the movie Roy “.

It’s a confused movie – a mysterious scrappy and crappie wastage role of Ranbeer kapoor,… Arjun Rampal, as hopless as always in all of his movies,… mis-fit actress Jacqueline ( Nargees Fakhri, would had rather 15 percent better here, still can not save the film ! ) and the director seems to have lost.

By joining the scenes here and there in a mysterious way, and if the director himself does not understand what he is doing and feeding,.. how the audience will ! It’s a mysterious crap with mysterious way of film-making, and ultimately neither the director nor the audience understand anything !!!

If you had seen the previous film “Shabd” kind of.... Then this is even 10 times more complicated "crap wounding" on it,… with mysterious garbage.

Film has dialects, like:

“ aur,… yeh film kaise ban gayi pata hi nahin chala,..! ”

“ Jo cheez humein sunaayi nahin deti,.. woh samaz mein bhi nahin aati ! “

Right ON !!

You said it all,… Mr Vikramasingh ( director) by above lines,…
And you surely deserve two tight ones, underneat yr ear-boot, for throwing this crap on us, for absolute wastage of time, money and energy.

I've read many reviews after watching this,... and many had the very opinions, like I just mentioned.

My rating be : 0.2 / 5

Last edited by Jagmohan; March 29th, 2015 at 01:08 PM.
Old March 29th, 2015, 05:58 PM

Jaggu bhaiya you have taraaju? Measuring pin point accuracy of rating.. 0.2

Btw, I watched the movie 'dum laga ke haisha' y'day starring Ayushman Khurana and some new fat chick .. Movie is about a loser getting married to an obese girl who's way more educated than him .. The subject was interesting but execution and acting was below par. I'd rate the movie 1.25 on 5 don't waste time or money on it.
Old March 29th, 2015, 07:25 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

I actually saw "Hard to die" on Wednesday. Dhaasu Dishum Dishum action packed movie. i just came across it on th AMC channel when i was about to sleep and watched it till the end. Not sure how hollywood Junta also rate things, but it is rated 5.7

Has no one from Bollywood copied it yet.
Old March 30th, 2015, 03:36 AM

That 5.7 rating must be average of all user ratings on imdb or something so its possible .. I'm only surprised at individual ratings of 0.2 or 2.85 😜
Old March 30th, 2015, 11:11 AM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
I actually saw "Hard to die" on Wednesday. Dhaasu Dishum Dishum action packed movie. i just came across it on th AMC channel when i was about to sleep and watched it till the end. Not sure how hollywood Junta also rate things, but it is rated 5.7

Has no one from Bollywood copied it yet.
Here's the review ..........

Quote:
Five buxom and scantily clad women are left alone to take inventory at a lingerie company. The janitor is kind of spooky, and there are rumors about him being involved in a tragic incident a few years back, and he's giving them the heebie-jeebies. They accidentally open a mysterious package and something other-worldly escapes, and they must fend for their lives.
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.