eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old September 16th, 2001, 10:13 PM
gogogirl

Thumbs up Film on Maharashtra’s hero Veer Savarkar

He forthcoming film Veer Savarkar is the first movie in the world history to be made with money donated by the public. Director Ved Rahi who is making a movie on the late freedom fighter Savarkar, produced by Savarkar Darshan Prathishthan says that over the last 15 years, people have given amounts ranging from one rupee to Rs 10 to make this film. He has also added that women have sold their ornaments and given money to make this film worth Rs 4-5 crore. Savarkar though is a great figure in Maharashtra has not got national importance. His song Sagara Pran Talmalla is a great hit all over the world. The film will incorporate the song and has been shot on the same location where he composed it – the pebble coated beach at Brighton in England.

Courtesy: http://www.teenstation.com/movies/ne...mber15-1.shtml

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am glad that finally people have realised that there are great heroes other than Gandhi who have sacrificed thier lives for India.

Each time I listen to "Sagara Pran Talamalala" , a poetry written in marathis by Veer Savarkar while sitting on the shores of UK(he was studying law over there,inorder to gather all the Indian youth in UK to collect weapons to fight the British, when he wrote this poem) in the parise of his motherland(Bharat), my hair stands up each time and eyes are filled with tears.

Its a song worth listening to.

-GGG
Old September 16th, 2001, 11:03 PM
Proud Hindusthani

chirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Film on Maharashtra’s hero Veer Savarkar

Quote:
Originally posted by gogogirl
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am glad that finally people have realised that there are great heroes other than Gandhi who have sacrificed thier lives for India.

Each time I listen to "Sagara Pran Talamalala" , a poetry written in marathis by Veer Savarkar while sitting on the shores of UK(he was studying law over there when he wrote this poem) in the parise of his motherland(Bharat), my hair stands up each time and eyes are filled with tears.

Its a song worth listening to.

-GGG
looking forward 2 this movie...

http://geetgunjanmarathi.tripod.com/...yrics/567.html

one of my fav songs...used to sing in our school
Old October 2nd, 2001, 12:05 PM
Senior eCharchan

Big-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud of
No offence intended but I have read in a lot of places that Savarkar was a GAY. Is it true?

I have also read that he had masterminded the assasination of Mahatma Gandhi. How much truth is there to this statement? If it is true, then there is nothing so 'veer' about him.
Old October 2nd, 2001, 12:10 PM
Senior eCharchan

risingsun has a spectacular aura aboutrisingsun has a spectacular aura aboutrisingsun has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Big-G
No offence intended but I have read in a lot of places that Savarkar was a GAY. Is it true?

I have also read that he had masterminded the assasination of Mahatma Gandhi. How much truth is there to this statement? If it is true, then there is nothing so 'veer' about him.
he was as gay as your father or you no offence intended....

well, no it is not true that savarkar was gay.... in fact that id7iot nehru had savarkar imprisoned even after freedom alleging what you have, just because godse was alleged to have met him...if you go by same logic godse ne gandhi ke even paanv chhue the so does it mean gandhi himself masterminded his own assasination?

Last edited by risingsun; October 2nd, 2001 at 12:40 PM.
Old October 2nd, 2001, 12:14 PM
Senior eCharchan

Big-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by risingsun

he was as gay as your father or you no offence intended....

well, no it is not true that savarkar was gay.... in fact that basta7rd nehru had savarkar imprisoned even after freedom....
Got it!!!...just like his father was as much of a pimp as your father or you no offence ofcourse.

Thanks for the info.
Old October 2nd, 2001, 12:15 PM
Senior eCharchan

Re: Big G what is problem?

Quote:
Originally posted by rakhwala
Big G what is problem?

Savarakar was never gay. These Congress people kept him in prison just because they felt that Godse had meeting with Savarkar.

Savarkar was real hero. Please read all history and then make comments.
Buddy..that's why i was asking.... cos there are like a hundred sites which say so. If you say he wasn't, then I believe you

Lastly, it wasn't a comment, but just a question.
Old October 2nd, 2001, 12:17 PM
Senior eCharchan

risingsun has a spectacular aura aboutrisingsun has a spectacular aura aboutrisingsun has a spectacular aura about
Quote:

Got it!!!...just like his father was as much of a pimp as your father or you no offence ofcourse.

Thanks for the info.
yeah yeah, my pa was a pimp for my mom and she was his only customer apart from himself, in this business he had no other contacts, bole to samjh riya hai na? 'was' isliye ki mere bapu ko mare hue ek decade se jada ho gaya hai...

tujhe tina gussa kyo aaaya re?

Last edited by risingsun; October 2nd, 2001 at 12:24 PM.
Old October 2nd, 2001, 12:18 PM
Senior eCharchan

Re: Re: Big G what is problem?

Quote:

Buddy..that's why i was asking.... cos there are like a hundred sites which say so. If you say he wasn't, then I believe you

Lastly, it wasn't a comment, but just a question.
after you hit reply button and before your repl appeared i edited the post vis-a-vis nehru - savarkar - gandhi, have you read it?
Old October 2nd, 2001, 12:24 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:

yeah yeah, my pa was a pimp for my mom and she was his only customer, in this business he had no other contacts was isliye ki mere bapu ko mare hue ek decade se jada ho gaya hai...

tujhe tina gussa kyo aaaya re?
Hey chill man...i didn't know that. Didn't mean to hurt. I was just trying to match the frequency...

Terey pay gussa nahin aataa rey... main majaak kar raha tha...
Old October 2nd, 2001, 12:25 PM
Senior eCharchan

dont worry yarr, no prob with matchin frequencies, NEways I sorta started it, so i should apologise first....

but tujhe manna to padega, face saving dialogue mera jada achha tha
Old October 2nd, 2001, 12:27 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
dont worry yarr, no prob with matchin frequencies, NEways I sorta started it, so i should apologise first....

but tujhe manna to padega, face saving dialogue mera jada achha tha
Chal bhai...tu haaraa main jeeta..ab khush???...tera jyaada lamba hai.... jaa aish kar
Old October 2nd, 2001, 12:27 PM
eWoman

Sheena is on a distinguished road
Sunny and Big-G yaar! tum dono just impossible ho.......yaar discussion karo ,but in a DECENT manner.
Old October 2nd, 2001, 12:28 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally posted by SHEENA
Sunny and Big-G yaar! tum dono just impossible ho.......yaar discussion karo ,but in a DECENT manner.
Sunny kon hai bhai??? racing saand, terey ko log sunny bhi bulatey hain??
Old October 2nd, 2001, 12:31 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:

kyo? jal riya hai kya?

cricket mein jo team jada run banati hai aur doosre team ko kam runs mein out kar deti hai use haar gayee kehte hai lagta hai
Old October 2nd, 2001, 12:31 PM
eWoman

Sheena is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Hum Risingsun ko Pyar se SUNNY bulaate hain