eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old August 20th, 2011, 02:19 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Ashdoc's Movie Reviews - Not a love story

One can almost imagine Ram Gopal Verma rubbing his hands with glee when he heard the story of the murder of Neeraj Grover , especially the fact that his murderer Emile Jerome Mathew and accomplice Maria Susairaj had cut Neeraj's bloodstained body into 300 l-i-t-t-l-e l-i-t-t-l-e pieces before disposing it off .

Here was a story fit to be fit to be brought on celluloid by the badshah of blood and gore !! The king of countless underworld films in bollywood !! Some good , some bad , but all having the trademark RGV style......

But while showing the mayhem unleashed by a crime of passion in a flat in Dheeraj Solitaire building in Malad in Mumbai , RGV surprisingly shows a softer side of himself......

For he shows the three main characters of the film ( the murdered , the murderer and the accomplice ) as the victims of a situation rather than trying to pin the guilt on anyone .

His softest touch is reserved for the woman--Anusha , as Maria is called in the film . She is shown to be the unwitting accomplice who is helpless as Robin ( as Mathew is called in the film ) and Ashish ( as Neeraj is called in the film ) physically tussle it out after Robin suddenly lands into Anusha's rented flat to find a naked Ashish there--and a mere spectator as Robin overpowers Ashish and kills him with a knife .

Ashish is shown to be a nice guy who helps out Anusha in her film career , and is prompted to make love to her only when he lands in her flat in a drunken state and loses control of himself .

To return to Anusha--she is shown to have rejected advances of other film-makers earlier , only to be unable to stop Ashish from making love to her as she has to pay a debt of gratitude . After all , he is the one who has helped her realise her bollywood dreams......

And Robin--he is the one with glazed eyes all through the film, as if he knows that he is going to commit a terrible crime , even before he has commited it .

But glazed eyes and all , nothing has prepared him for the sight of a naked Ashish as he steps inside his girlfriends rented flat one fine morning in Mumbai.....

......A sight which makes him lose control of his mind , and what happens next is just driven by passion , pure passion--a passion which knows no rhyme nor reason......

The rest--sending Anusha out to buy a large knife to cut the body into pieces , then actually cutting it , and putting the pieces into plastic bags , and then disposing them off in a remote area ,then wiping off all the blood in the flat--is something that Robin and Anusha have to do only after realising the enormity of what they have done too late.....

But caught in an impossible situation ,seeing their lives , their careers on the line , what else can the two young lovers dooooo.......??

And seeing such a plot , what does RGV's camera do ??

It moves up and down the heroine's ( what else can we call her , even though she has taken part in such a grisly crime ? ) body like a voyeur , almost licking her at times.....

......And it is never steady , constantly on the move--A reflection of RGV's mind ??

Watching over all this is lord Ganesha , or at least his idol in the rented flat--making us wonder if the lord has any control over what is happening in his universe......

In the end the sheer weight of the situation forces the two lovers to back opposing stories in the courtroom ( as told by their lawyers ) until a moment of passion ( here we go again !!) allows them to reunite for a heartbreakingly brief moment.....but the heartless society is all around to prevent it......

Verdict--watchable.....

Last edited by ashdoc; August 20th, 2011 at 03:36 PM.
Old August 20th, 2011, 08:08 PM
IDLE Treasurer

dollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Not a love story

Nice review.
I'm not watching it . I don't have any sympathy fr her or her bf . Bloody murderers

If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking

Old August 20th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

I had seen the Crime Patrol version of this story and we also had this story posted on echarcha.

I have no sympathy for that Maria Susairaj. Her fiance was a moron of the first degree. Once he knew that his girl is sleeping with someone else, it should have signalled to him that its over and not worth fighting for. At least not worth killing someone for.
Old August 20th, 2011, 10:05 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
I had seen the Crime Patrol version of this story and we also had this story posted on echarcha.

I have no sympathy for that Maria Susairaj. Her fiance was a moron of the first degree. Once he knew that his girl is sleeping with someone else, it should have signalled to him that its over and not worth fighting for. At least not worth killing someone for.

its not as simple as that . emile jerome mathew ( the fiance ) did not know that his girlfriend was sleeping with someone else .

he heard the voice of neeraj grover in the background when he had called late night on maria's mobile . at that point he got suspicious .

he was in goa . he promptly took a train and landed in mumbai to see whats going on .

remember at this point the affair was not confirmed .

but nothing had prepared him for the shock of seeing neeraj grover lying completely naked in maria's bedroom as he walked into her rented flat .

in such a situation , a person is bound to lose his head .

he was a naval officer who had rejected the chance of getting lucrative jobs or going abroad , and instead had opted for serving the nation by joining the navy .

of course , maria , who is described as a sexually manipulative person , who openly cheating on mathew by sleeping with neeraj grover in order to boost her film career through his influence. she is certainly a bitch .

but even she did not wish to see neeraj grover murdered at all .

of course , the fact that maria and mathew had sex 3 times at the same time when neeraj grover's dead body was lying in the same flat is gruesome .

but no one seems to think about the fact that people like neeraj gover are sexual predators who use the casting couch to satisfy their lust--promising young starlets roles in films in return for getting sex .

i am not accusing neeraj grover of this , but many people have sex with the girls , but afterwards do not even give them any roles .

of course , this thing is now part of the film industry , and neeraj grover was just a part of the system , nothing else .

Last edited by ashdoc; August 21st, 2011 at 10:42 AM.
Old August 21st, 2011, 08:50 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
its not as simple as that . emile jerome mathew ( the fiance ) did not know that his girlfriend was sleeping with someone else .

he heard the voice of neeraj grover in the background when he had called late night on maria's mobile . at that point he got suspicious .

he was in goa . he promptly took a train and landed in mumbai to see whats going on .

remember at this point the affair was not confirmed .

but nothing had prepared him for the shock of seeing neeraj grover lying completely naked in maria's bedroom as he walked into her rented flat .

in such a situation , a person is bound to lose his head .

he was a naval officer who had rejected the chance of getting lucrative jobs or going abroad , and instead had opted for serving the nation by joining the navy .

of course , maria , who is described as a sexually manupulative person , who openly cheating on mathew by sleeping with neeraj grover in order to boost her film career through his influence. she is certainly a bitch .

but even she did not wish to see neeraj grover murdered at all .

of course , the fact that maria and mathew had sex 3 times at the same time when neeraj grover's dead body was lying in the same flat is gruesome .

but no one seems to think about the fact that people like neeraj gover are sexual predators who use the casting couch to satisfy their lust--promising young starlets roles in films in return for getting sex .

i am not accusing neeraj grover of this , but many people have sex with the girls , but afterwards do not even give them any roles .

of course , this thing is now part of the film industry , and neeraj grover was just a part of the system , nothing else .

Okay I have some knowledge of the film industry as some of my friends are very well entrenched into it. First of all, casting couch is a reality and if you want to go ahead you got to sleep. Why? I dont know. Is it wrong for producers and directors to do this? Absolutely. Yet they do it.

They feel its their right to sleep with any female who wants a role in films. Unless you are from a well connected film family or daughter of a rich industrialist with connections you get the casting couch.

You might be surprised but this happens in the modelling world too. I have a paternal cousin who is into advertising field. He tells me that 8 out of 10 aspiring models will be ready to sleep with anyone just to get that plump assignment. You might be further surprised that many art and creative heads in advertising are men who are gay. Even male models have to face the casting couch with such gay folks.

Many girls know this fact and use it to their advantage. So in this real life case, that Neeraj Grover was no saint but then the girl Maria was no saint either. She knew the game and thats how it goes.

So no sympathy for Maria who knew exactly what she was getting into.

Now the fiance Mr. Sacrificing Jobs Abroad for the Nation And Joining Navy.

I always thought and maybe I am true that people in the armed forces are so well trained to remain calm in the face of sudden action and war as they need to focus and attack back at the enemy. They are trained to be calm and not get distracted from what they have to do.

Now I will say okay this guy was so emotionally charged seeing his future wife in bed with someone else that he lost it. Okay. I get that. But how much do you lose it? Dont you quickly think that the girl is gone. She is now not worth it. At the most I would have expected him to beat up Neeraj Grover but not kill him.

In this whole affair, the girl was shrewd and got off with a light sentence. Infact she is out of jail now. The only chewtiya was this hot headed 'serving the nation but stupid enough to kill' idiot.
Old August 21st, 2011, 10:36 AM
Life is BEAUtiful

sunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond repute

loosing his head is understandable....but killing is not justified. He should have killed the girl...cause she was the one who cheated on him.

About the movie...Ramu made it in 20 days....what is he trying to do.... make TV episodes.....he makes cheap movies....and then claims that his movies are hit and have earned him money....makes a movie for 1 $ and says hey hey I made .25$ profit

Old August 21st, 2011, 10:52 AM
senior echarchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykode View Post
loosing his head is understandable....but killing is not justified. He should have killed the girl...cause she was the one who cheated on him.
maria being a girl ,didnt get into a physical fight with him .

but as mathew confronted neeraj--neeraj being a man , got into a physical fight with mathew .

obviously in a physical fight , tempers are lost , and things happen......

i think what contributed to the whole thing was that neeraj was completely naked when mathew saw him--and that must have flared mathew's temper even more .

its very easy to say what you and cha are saying on a forum like this , but one wonders what would be your reaction if you are engaged to a girl you love deeply , and walk into her bedroom to see a completely naked man who has just fucked her--your whole plans for future life are turned upside down in an instant......
Old August 21st, 2011, 01:43 PM
Senior eCharchan

GameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
About the movie...Ramu made it in 20 days....what is he trying to do.... ..................................makes a movie for 1 $ and says hey hey I made .25$ profit
this is called monetising misery...everything sells including wet farts if packaged into the right wrapper....RGV is doing something like Mithon Da did sometime ago...selling nepali made indian chinese that is world famous in India...

Quote:

i think what contributed to the whole thing was that neeraj was completely naked when mathew saw him--and that must have flared mathew's temper even more .

now you are entering badri p territory...are you saying it was a size thing and seeing grover's rover, mathew became insecure and wanted to eliminate the enemy's ultra long range nuclear capable ICBM??
Old August 21st, 2011, 07:36 PM
Life is BEAUtiful

sunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
but as mathew confronted neeraj--neeraj being a man , got into a physical fight with mathew .
asdoc bhau...the above act does not justify murder. It takes two to tango....... girl is equally guilty.
As for anger ... and fist fight....... I still do not understand what was guys mistake here?
Girl slept willingly with him... it would have been a different case if there was force involved.
It was a sad situation for the guy to see neeraj naked but that still does not justify his murder (when there was consent from both parties)

Old August 22nd, 2011, 04:10 AM
Senior eCharchan

GameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

It was a sad situation for the guy to see neeraj naked but that still does not justify his murder (when there was consent from both parties)
ek to bhai yeh samjhaa do pehle, whats the major issue with this naked neeraj thing???what was so radiating about his nakedness that turned the other guy mad???

I mean if this naked guy had a rumaal covering his shop, would that have stopped the murder???
Old August 22nd, 2011, 08:39 AM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

This case was shown in crime petrol dastak recently.
Old August 22nd, 2011, 09:07 AM
Life is BEAUtiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameOn View Post
ek to bhai yeh samjhaa do pehle, whats the major issue with this naked neeraj thing???what was so radiating about his nakedness that turned the other guy mad???

I mean if this naked guy had a rumaal covering his shop, would that have stopped the murder???
bhai mere....a dude walks in his future wife's room and sees some other guy naked.....that pretty much can be termed as one of the worst things that can happen.