eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old November 20th, 2009, 10:48 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Ashdoc's Movie Reviews - Kurbaan - over a terrorist

Kurbaan begins with saif unleashing his charm over a stunning kareena kapoor.

she looks absolutely sensational in the movie ........mouthwatering!!

he is a muslim who joins as a professor in the college she works in ,and has a smart answer to her every attempt to say no to him.

she is quickly floored and he rushes to ask marriage.

her father ,despite his misgivings over a muslim boy ,agrees reluctantly.

one must say that the khan has a way with women ,and one can understand why bebo fell for him in real life ,despite him being a much married man with two kids.

she is in india because of her father's heart attack ,and is recalled to US ,where she has a job as a professor in a university.

the film seems to make a progressive and liberal statement when saif ,seemingly reluctant to leave india, agrees to come to US so that kareena could continue her career ,while he himself sacrifices his.

how different ,i thought ,from other movies which show the woman making all the sacrifices.........i was impressed.

little did i know what was to follow......

when they reach US ,they shift to an indian neighbourhood.

their fundamentalist muslim neighbours invite them to visit.

things take a bad turn however as a young woman among them , the beautiful nauheed cyrusi ,appraoches bebo for help as her husband beats her.

one day kareena suspiciously approaches their house and enters their basement.........only to realise that they are terrorists out to explode an airliner........and nauheed has been killed.

they see her and kareena runs into the comforting arms of her husband ,who coolly calls them in .........he is one amongst them........!!

from here the film changes suddenly from being a love story to a thriller.

the plot to bomb the airliner succeeds and the luscious diya mirza ( who is looking absolutely divine ) is killled in it .

her boyfriend vivek oberoi ,a television reporter ,wows revenge against the plotters ........though both diya and him are muslims .

he joins the terror outfit pretending to be a wannabe radical and teams up with kareena to try and foil the plot to bring about another 9/11 like terror attack.........and also bring the guilty to justice.

it is full of twists and turns , and moments of sheer action.

unlike new york , this film is refreshingly neutral , and unabashedly shows a hindu girl ( kareena ) being royally fooled and used by fanatical and cruel muslim terrorists ............her husband is actually a pakistani !!.........and his real name is revealed to her only in the end.

the new york police officers and FBI agents look real , and evidently a lot of effort has gone into making everyone look authentic.

it also gives the muslim viewpoint on terrorism, comparing the body count of 9/ 11 with those killed by american offensives in muslim countries.

on one occasion , when a muslim is asked as to why dont muslims leave america , he answers ........we will ,when americans remove their armed forces from muslim countries.

but it creditibly does not take the muslim's side and shows muslim terrorists as what they are........coldblooded monsters who wont hesitate to kill their own unsuspecting wives and women to foment terror and mayhem.

the love making scene between kareena and saif is sensous ........but unnecessary , and just meant to titillate and bring more audiences in the theatres.

vivek oberoi is unimpressive , bot kiron kher manages her pathan accented hindi well.

om puri ,as the mastermind of the plot is okay.

altogether, a decent fare........
Old November 20th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kurbaan - over a terrorist

ama yaar .. kuch to story chhod deta baakiyon ko dekhne ke liye. Yeh review hai ya synopsis. Thanks for ruining it for all of us
Old November 20th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfinger View Post
ama yaar .. kuch to story chhod deta baakiyon ko dekhne ke liye. Yeh review hai ya synopsis. Thanks for ruining it for all of us
Ha ha... I was wondering the same. But thanks, Ashcrude pai... I would not have watched the movie anyway... and here I got the complete story

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old November 20th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Chalo achhchhaa hai. Ab dekhni nahi padengi.

Anyways, am sick and tired of terrorist realted movies.

Repped ya hakeem for saving my time and money.

BUT.......Don't do it in future except terrorist or Hindu/muslim stories.
Old November 20th, 2009, 11:28 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

I kind of know the director... met him once with a friend. I'm hoping this movie takes him higher in his new career. Rensil d'Silva (director of Kurban) works for a top ad agency in Mumbai.
Old November 20th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Life is BEAUtiful

sunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond repute

terrorist movies are getting boring. And I never like Saif as an actor. He sucks big time. Each time I see his face, I immediately thing of Sunil Pal making a mockery of him in one of the shows, that was hilarious .
I am curious how this movie will do in India? Saif and Kareena are all gaga over this movie

Old November 20th, 2009, 11:37 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfinger View Post
what i have told is not even upto the interval.

how the terror plot is attempted to be foiled takes up more than half the movie , and i havent told about the many twists and turns that occur while it is attempted.

the saif kareena love story is quite short , and i have prolonged it in my review.

actually its more of a thriller.

whether the terror plot is actually foiled or not , i am not telling.

still lots to see........

Last edited by ashdoc; November 20th, 2009 at 11:41 AM.
Old November 20th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Life is BEAUtiful

sunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond repute

reminds me of Amir Khan movie Fannaa.
Looks like base story is same. Innocent girl...terrorist likes her....marries her.....and then she kills him in the end???

Old November 20th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykode View Post
Looks like base story is same. Innocent girl...terrorist likes her....marries her.....and then she kills him in the end???
There you go... sirf ending bachcha tha Askduch pai ka post mein... and you fulfilled that now, Sunnyduke pai

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old November 20th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Life is BEAUtiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
There you go... sirf ending bachcha tha Askduch pai ka post mein... and you fulfilled that now, Sunnyduke pai
are Sane bhai ... I haven't seen the movie. Hence the question mark at the last question. I am guessing the story, from the adds.

Old November 20th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Junior eCharchan

Gajodhar has a reputation beyond reputeGajodhar has a reputation beyond reputeGajodhar has a reputation beyond reputeGajodhar has a reputation beyond reputeGajodhar has a reputation beyond reputeGajodhar has a reputation beyond reputeGajodhar has a reputation beyond reputeGajodhar has a reputation beyond reputeGajodhar has a reputation beyond reputeGajodhar has a reputation beyond reputeGajodhar has a reputation beyond repute

online aa gayi kya ye movie?
Old November 20th, 2009, 12:11 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Ashdoc, tera credit card details dena.. ticket ka aadha paisa bhej doonga.
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old November 20th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Senior eCharchan

motowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond repute

What a horrible review I had to stop reading half way through it, to leave some suspense while watching the movie.

Bhaiyya, agli baar se thoda spoiler alert wala warning de dena
Old November 20th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Any movie criticising USA and showing Muslims in a good light is a no no for me personally. Fuck these Islamofacists pigs who keep blaming and hurting USA. Fuckk off!!
Old November 20th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykode View Post
Yeah she kills him, more for self protection and the protection of the nation.

By the way did you read Eye of the Needle? same story.