eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old April 12th, 2002, 09:55 PM
Proud Hindusthani

chirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to behold
Talking Happy New Year To Everyone

Haan yaar.. malum hai.. .. jyada karke junta ko pat ich nahi...
And who care about hindu calender anyway.....dunia roman calender par chalti hai.... lekin jo hai woh hai..... gudi padwa..start of first month chaitra.... and new year.. so have happy new year everyone
Old April 15th, 2002, 11:36 AM

Re: Happy New Year To Everyone

Quote:
Originally posted by chirag2000
Haan yaar.. malum hai.. .. jyada karke junta ko pat ich nahi...
And who care about hindu calender anyway.....dunia roman calender par chalti hai.... lekin jo hai woh hai..... gudi padwa..start of first month chaitra.... and new year.. so have happy new year everyone
thanks and a very happy new year to all echarchans
Old April 15th, 2002, 11:42 AM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
a very happy new year to 1 and all
Old April 15th, 2002, 12:13 PM
eWoman

Sheena is on a distinguished road
Happy New Year to all E-charcha family!

Now I am asking a relevent Question........From where I got a Hindi tithi calender which shows all festivals and moonlight days too!
Old April 15th, 2002, 12:28 PM
Senior eCharchan

Big-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Happy New Year.
Old April 15th, 2002, 12:36 PM
eWoman

Sheena is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Dhurandhar Bhat

...nearest shakha.....
Ye kya hai? Dhuruu bhai! don't know about this?

Is this ur own business address?
Old April 15th, 2002, 01:42 PM
Proud Hindusthani

chirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to behold
13april Vikramsamvat 2058
Shalivan shak 1924
April 2002

And

hijri 1423

For those who wanted to know

This is not right dhurandhar... if u cant wish someone happy new year ....atleast keep you normal stuff away from this post
Old April 15th, 2002, 07:46 PM
a bored echarchan

nandini is a splendid one to beholdnandini is a splendid one to beholdnandini is a splendid one to beholdnandini is a splendid one to beholdnandini is a splendid one to beholdnandini is a splendid one to beholdnandini is a splendid one to behold
sheena

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheena
Happy New Year to all E-charcha family!

Now I am asking a relevent Question........From where I got a Hindi tithi calender which shows all festivals and moonlight days too!
here is one link:
http://www.indianastrology.com/hindi...ang/monpan.asp
Old April 15th, 2002, 08:07 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Happy Gudipadwa to all

Sorry folks I was away from work and home for two days for something very important. So I could nto wish you all.

Acept our wishes on Gudi Padwa - the HIndu New Year as celebrated by Maharahstrians. I think a lot o folks from South and North too celebrate it but under different names.
Old April 15th, 2002, 08:09 PM
a bored echarchan

nandini is a splendid one to beholdnandini is a splendid one to beholdnandini is a splendid one to beholdnandini is a splendid one to beholdnandini is a splendid one to beholdnandini is a splendid one to beholdnandini is a splendid one to behold
and

Belated BAISAKHI wishes too
Old April 15th, 2002, 08:26 PM
Senior eCharchan

SimpleHuman will become famous soon enough
Talking

Correct me guys if I am wrong! TIL GUD GHYA ANI GOOD GOOD BOLA

Happy new year to all

---Not Me!
Old April 15th, 2002, 08:34 PM
Proud Hindusthani

Quote:
Originally posted by SimpleHuman
Correct me guys if I am wrong! TIL GUD GHYA ANI GOOD GOOD BOLA

Happy new year to all
simplehuman *dhishum* ...saale mahrashtrian muslim bolta hai apne aap ko ..*dhishum* ....

Til gul is for makar sankrant...... 14 jan i think..

This is gudi padwa yaar.....

wundt mind saying happy new year 2 u too

Old April 15th, 2002, 09:58 PM
Proud Hindusthani

Quote:
Originally posted by tantric_yogi
Got so much in to health forum that hardly noticed this ...

TO ALL ECHARCHANS AND THEIR FAMILIES A HAPPY NEW YEAR ... MAY YOU ALL PROSPER AND SMILE ...

1. Is it just co-incidence or that Hindu New Year starts with ASHTMI?
2. What is so significant about 8 or 9 days of ASHTMI? Why 8/9 days?
Something on Gudi Padwa

The Hindu year begins on the first day, "shuddha pratipada", of the month of Chaitra. According to Bramhand Purana God Bramha created the world on this day. On this first day of the year the festive Gudhi Padva is celebrated. On this day a pole named gudhi is erected in front of the house. Padva is another name for pratipada, the first day of the lunar month. A new cloth is tied on the gudhi, a metal vessel is put on to it and a garland of sweets is hung on it. It is a sign of rejoicing to commemorate the victory of Ram over Vali, a South Indian King. With this day begins the new season, the spring. Eating a mixture of nim leaves, gul and cumin seeds is a special observance for the day. The day is considered auspicious for building or entering a new house, putting a child to school,or starting a business.

++

The battle between ram and ravan started on the Saptami ie seventh day and Ravan was finally killed on the 'Sandhikshan' i.e. the crossover period between Ashtami (the next day ie eight) and Navami (the day after ie ninth). Ravan was cremated on Dashami[tenth day]

++
Unimportant Information..lol

Check This Out...
All the various calenders in the WORLD Of all RELIGIONS

http://www.ecben.net/calendar.shtml

A note about differences in our calender and western/gregorian[?] calender
[I am unsure about the authenticity of this one though]
http://www.cuisinecuisine.com/CultureCalender.htm

++
Go buy a kalnirnay calender if u r really intrested in such stuff
http://www.kalnirnay.com/
Old April 16th, 2002, 12:41 AM
Senior eCharchan

Netra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant future
Happy New Year and a Happy Gudi Padwa everybody.
Old April 16th, 2002, 12:55 AM
Simple Indian Muslim

videsee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nice
Happy New Year and Guddi Padwa to all my brothers and sisters!

Mark Twain