eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old January 4th, 2002, 11:10 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Question What do you recommend - watch or dont watch Lord of the Rings?

Any of you have any views on this movie which is tops at the box office?
Old January 4th, 2002, 11:14 AM
Proud Hindusthani

chirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to behold
bhai ..pata nahi gore log is picture par itne fida kyoun hai..
picture ki maine vcd layee....one wor about th emovie.."bandal"
cant seem 2 understand why every1 is going crazy about..
special effects are good...lekin apun particluary effects dekne ke liye picture nahi dekhta..kya kare hindusthani mentality jo payee hai...
Old January 4th, 2002, 11:23 AM
eCharchan

King has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond repute
You may or not watch the movie, but I strongly recommend you read all of the Books. This movie is based on a triology called "Lord of the Rings" written by JRR. Tolkien. He is one of the greatest writers and the books are surely among the best reading there is in the world today. Actually they are a set of 4 books with the "Hobbit" being the first book to read before the triology.

If you have read the book, the movie will make some sense. The movie is good, but still it does'nt come anywhere near portraying the excellence of Tolkien's books.

Please read the books.
Old January 11th, 2002, 01:50 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute
I found the movie like a video game . One stage over next stage starts. But ok good entertaining movie but long movie by amerikan standard. 3 hours.
Watch if love to see wierd faces & continues fictional fights. If you like real -life drama you will probably go to sleep like my wife did.
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old January 11th, 2002, 02:20 PM
AssMan

Fei is on a distinguished road
in my opinion its 110% recommended..i have read all the books and am a fan of the series..i take this as Star Wars for fantasy fantatics..as Star Wars is to Science Fiction lovers Lord of The Rings is to fantasy lovers...i would say watch it..
Old January 11th, 2002, 02:31 PM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
Never saw star wars.. dont plan to see this one either. It will become unavoidable when my kid grows up but until then I am going to stay clear of kid movies.
Old January 11th, 2002, 02:48 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute
Definately not a kid movie. Has lots of scary sequences but again more of fantasy with strange animals & creatures!
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old January 11th, 2002, 03:26 PM
AssMan

Quote:
Originally posted by GpeL
Never saw star wars.. dont plan to see this one either. It will become unavoidable when my kid grows up but until then I am going to stay clear of kid movies.

whoah u r scaring me...u never saw Star Wars....damn go to ur local video store and rent all 4 they are classics damnit..jus like sholay is to bollywood
Old January 11th, 2002, 03:29 PM
Super eCharchan

Have you seen sholay ?
Old January 11th, 2002, 03:40 PM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Fei

whoah u r scaring me...u never saw Star Wars....damn go to ur local video store and rent all 4 they are classics damnit..jus like sholay is to bollywood
Sonaro, I tried to watch the first one.. 15 Minutes into it I could not stand it and switched it off. My cousin swears by it but no I did not like it.

Dirty bhai Yes I watched sholay and I even have a copy of it (DVD).
Old January 11th, 2002, 03:48 PM
Pelu Pelu

Another problem is, I cannot watch a movie in a theater. Only movie that I enjoyed in a theater is Jurrasic Park thats it in India 70MM screen with good sound effects. All others, I have to walk out midway. No point. I wait for it to come on TV or pay per view.
Old January 11th, 2002, 04:19 PM
AssMan

whos sonaro?