eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old September 28th, 2014, 11:44 PM
Always on target

jeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Netflix movies worth watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
yes, Delta Force starring the Rajini of Hollywood Chuch Norris famous one.. of course the whole operation by Israelis was very fiction-like.

Did you know most if not all Rajini jokes are actually Chuck Norris jokes(or facts if you will) lifted by desis..

There's a better than Delta force movie on the same event.. I've prolly raved about it often enough on this site..

Raid on Entebbe
Raid on Entebbe is very famous Sayeret Operation.

I read about this in our college course

jeetIAF
Old September 30th, 2014, 10:34 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Review of Bodyguard - This movie is about a girl who, for some unknown reason, is devoid of common sense. Of course, you will say that common sense is not all that common... but this helpless, rich girl has none at all. It is a touching tale of how, inspite of sound advice from friends and family, she goes about wrecking the movie totally... and *** SPOILER ALERT ***... her own life.

The only plus points in the movie are... the beautiful, well-knockered, rational friend of the main character (as mentioned above)... and a decently funny performance by the two comedians in the movie (Salmon Khan and some fat guy).

By the end of the movie, you scream out loud, with a tear-stained face and whatever is left on your head after a tug of war with your hear, "Why???????"

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old September 30th, 2014, 10:46 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Review of Jab Tak Hain Jaan - This movie walks you through the life of an immature useless fellow, right from the mountains and valleys of Jammu to the streets of London... yes, he just traipses back and forth like there are no borders. He has the nerve to ask this rich helpful social working heroine to spend the remaining free days of her week to do more social service... while all he does is gives away his life-savings to a pukestani terrorist instead of at least donating to a known charity (like his girlfriend's social work campaign). Luckily for him the pukestani terrorist turns out totally inept... and the world is saved from another ill-attempt.

So when this guy loses his love to Jesus (yes, of JC fame), instead of committing suicide like any simple logically guy would do or committing his life to the uplifting of other unfortunate souls, he goes and becomes a bomb-disposal expert... sans a body-suit. Why because he wants to commit suicide but does not have the guts.

Haven't seen this movie completely yet... don't know what will change in the end. But I am thinking the Indian army is probably going to wring his neck for deserting... or at least a dishonorable discharge. And the hero will have a change of heart and help fulfill the dreams of the other heroine, which is to shag men of all accents in the world (and I sure hope she includes a madrasi too in her endeavours).

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old October 1st, 2014, 01:31 PM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

I saw a regional movie by name "Drusyam". I loved it. Its about a couple and their 2 daughters (one of them a teenager). One rouge takes videos of the teenager bathing and blackmails her that he would release the video if she doesn't oblige to spend the night with him on bed (nicely put). The girl accidentally kills him while she tries to protect her mom who by then came to intervene.

The whole story is about how the parents protect the girl from murder charges and how a dad will go to any extent to save his children.
Old October 1st, 2014, 02:22 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Review of Jab Tak Hain Jaan - This movie walks you through the life of an immature useless fellow
All Yash Chopra Aditya Chopra Karan Johar movies do so, with Hakla being the perfect fit for an immature useless fellow, whom the heroine always falls for, ditching a better fellow.

Last edited by sgars; October 1st, 2014 at 02:28 PM. Reason: added 2 commas
Old October 1st, 2014, 02:27 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Review of Jab Tak Hain Jaan
Reminds me of my story telling of Hum Dil dechuke sanam to some friends

"Salman Khan is an Italian who comes to India , starts loving Aishwarya Rai, but she is forcibly married to Ajay Devgan - 2 hours are over here! Then in the next one hour Ajay Devgan tries to get Aishwayra Back to Salman but she stays with him"
Friends - "Thanks for saving us 3 hours of drivel"
Old October 2nd, 2014, 10:30 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Reminds me of my story telling of Hum Dil dechuke sanam to some friends

"Salman Khan is an Italian who comes to India , starts loving Aishwarya Rai, but she is forcibly married to Ajay Devgan - 2 hours are over here! Then in the next one hour Ajay Devgan tries to get Aishwayra Back to Salman but she stays with him"
Friends - "Thanks for saving us 3 hours of drivel"
The problem with reviews like these is that they don't present the full picture. Though the story might be inane, some movies do have other entertainment aspects to it. Like most of the big-budget movies are shot in scenic locations... may have excellent comic characters... great songs... what not. All of these are lost in the translation.

So there should be a note at the end of the review... watch or not watch.

Old October 3rd, 2014, 10:28 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Finally finished watching the movie JTHJ. Like all SRK movies, this one does not disappoint either. For some reason, inspite of SRK, his movies are usually good and interesting to watch. Maybe because of the big budget and excellent narrative, photography and direction.

When the two movies are compared, Bodyguard and JTHJ, the difference is obvious. One is a hodge-podge of everything bad (maybe except the comedy) and the other is a decently-made quality movie.

The thought I had at the end of the movie... and I am sure each and every one who has seen this movie must have had the same thought... was how nice it would be if the movie ends with SRK blown up by the last bomb he is trying to defuse... while Katrina is watching him. The movie would have become a superhit.

The question that I had at the end of the movie... whatever tf happened to Anupam Kher

Old October 3rd, 2014, 11:37 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Was Anupam Kher in the movie? ; I saw the movie but dont remember seeing him.
Old October 3rd, 2014, 12:56 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
Exactly. He is there for about 2 minutes... in as many scenes. He plays the father of Kartina.

Old October 3rd, 2014, 01:15 PM

Talking Re: Netflix movies worth watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
Even Yash Raj fans tell me it is a long and boring movie. So, you might have fallen asleep on scenes where he was there.
Old October 3rd, 2014, 01:21 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Even Yash Raj fans tell me it is a long and boring movie. So, you might have fallen asleep on scenes where he was there.
The film was long... but was not boring at all. Interesting dialogue and the movie keeps moving. No boring point... unless you force yourself to get bored. Then there is no solution.

Old October 3rd, 2014, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Review of Bodyguard - the beautiful, well-knockered, rational friend of the main character (as mentioned above)
This made me go beyond 20 minutes that I had watched quite sometime back. and for a long time, even with my old eyes on an X Ray mode, I could not make out much behind the glasses and modest and loose dresses of this friend character. I did manage to finish the movie and this friend character starts looking better. I did like the twist in the end though.

Let me do some background check on the girl playing that character.

I actually was doing something else for half an hour while this movie was playing on but did not miss any of the story
Old October 4th, 2014, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Review of Bodyguard

The only plus points in the movie are... the beautiful, well-knockered, rational friend of the main character (as mentioned above)
Wikied on her. Here she is.
Hazel Keech

She is a firang with a Mauritan (presumably Desi) mother.
Old October 4th, 2014, 06:09 AM

On Bodyguard, my roving eye caught another character Savita (Bhabi?) who plays the servant of Kareena Kapoor household.

Here she is