eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old August 6th, 2018, 12:01 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Mission Impossible: Fallout - Ho hum... Yawn

Hmmm... Paramount and all concerned have found a good franchise so they keep churning out these movies. This one is part 6 in the series

Not a single scene like the one where a helicopter chases a bullet train inside a tunnel. Or the one where Tom Cruise is on the side of a very tall skyscraper. Nothing worth remembering. Basic plot stretched into an unending film.

Story in short
  • A Bad guy has been jailed thanks to Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise)
  • Bad guy has followers with a new leader who want to continue mayhem in the world
  • No one knows this new leader or his name or his identity
  • Ethan Hunt offcourse hunts him down
  • In the process he and his team manages to avoid nuclear explosions
  • Good guys win
Old August 6th, 2018, 07:56 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mission Impossible: Fallout - Ho hum... Yawn

I loved the previous one for Rebecca Ferguson. I have not seen fallout yet, but I hope she has similar role/stunts in this one.

Tom's interview mentioned that the bathroom fight scene took forever to shoot, even thats not that memorable is it?
Old August 6th, 2018, 09:19 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Good enough review. Will watch

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old August 6th, 2018, 10:52 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
I loved the previous one for Rebecca Ferguson. I have not seen fallout yet, but I hope she has similar role/stunts in this one.

Tom's interview mentioned that the bathroom fight scene took forever to shoot, even thats not that memorable is it?
Arnold Schwarznegger has done a bathroom fight scene in the movie True Lies which was sort of a first and quite memorable. The one in this movie is just a copy of that.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVEzoQzzd1I

Last edited by echarcha; August 6th, 2018 at 11:15 AM.
Old August 6th, 2018, 11:20 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

Guys can you see the embedded youtube videos? I cannot. Maybe some issue with the network or with my browser.
Old August 6th, 2018, 01:14 PM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Hmmm... Paramount and all concerned have found a good franchise so they keep churning out these movies. This one is part 6 in the series

Not a single scene like the one where a helicopter chases a bullet train inside a tunnel. Or the one where Tom Cruise is on the side of a very tall skyscraper. Nothing worth remembering. Basic plot stretched into an unending film.

Story in short
  • A Bad guy has been jailed thanks to Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise)
  • Bad guy has followers with a new leader who want to continue mayhem in the world
  • No one knows this new leader or his name or his identity
  • Ethan Hunt offcourse hunts him down
  • In the process he and his team manages to avoid nuclear explosions
  • Good guys win
I found it very predictable as well. Its the same old regurgitated masala. I am surprised that the professional reviewers are praising the movie to the skies. Rotten Tomatoes rates it @ 97% .. Critics are calling it a stunning piece of Action Cinema..
Old August 6th, 2018, 01:15 PM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Guys can you see the embedded youtube videos? I cannot. Maybe some issue with the network or with my browser.
Yes.. Can see the embedded videos.
Old August 6th, 2018, 04:22 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28virgo View Post
I found it very predictable as well. Its the same old regurgitated masala. I am surprised that the professional reviewers are praising the movie to the skies. Rotten Tomatoes rates it @ 97% .. Critics are calling it a stunning piece of Action Cinema..
In this summer of 2018, there were hardly any good 'summer blockbusters'. Skyscraper was a damp squib and fared less than average at the box office.

So this movie has 'some' storyline and people found it good, perhaps.

I just do not believe the professional reviewers as all of them have some angle and interests and write accordingly. Most of it has to do with online ads on their sites/blogs and some other monetary angle. We too have a resident reviewer who gets a verbal diarrhea about movies he reviews His angle - To see how long he can write and copy other people's style without creating his own unique style

There was a video on youtube explaining how every past movie has some reference here in this one. Who cares!! I don't. When i go to see James Bond, I don't care for any historic references to any past movies. And that's how it should be.

Anyway, even the much touted Deadpool part 2 was not as big a hit as the original part 1. The youtube trailers almost gave out the entire movie, so there was nothing left to watch.

I now plan to see Sicario 2 which is supposed to be as good as Sicario 1.
Old August 7th, 2018, 01:47 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Masala movie, I liked it. But I knew all along that there won't be a nuclear explosion. Hints of bollywood/tollywood when the hero prevents the calamity at the last second

A couple of good twists: CNN report in the hospital, extraction of the asset, the part where Alec Baldwin forces Cruise to surrender...

Dislike: fuckers showed altered map of India.

Sent from my iPhone.

Last edited by Charchila; August 7th, 2018 at 01:52 PM.
Old August 7th, 2018, 02:29 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charchila View Post
Kya karen. Folly of UN, Tashkent and Simla
Old August 7th, 2018, 09:08 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charchila View Post
Masala movie, I liked it. But I knew all along that there won't be a nuclear explosion. Hints of bollywood/tollywood when the hero prevents the calamity at the last second

A couple of good twists: CNN report in the hospital, extraction of the asset, the part where Alec Baldwin forces Cruise to surrender...

Yes, I too did not get totally bored but it was nothing great.. I mean what else can they show?
Old August 7th, 2018, 09:35 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

I expected them to have some good plot twists and revelations, but there were none. The villain was known from an early time in the movie. It was damn obvious.

Now this other movie, though a thriller, had a great twist at the very very end. Check it out.
Old August 8th, 2018, 02:27 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

The only praise - and most people talk about the same thing - I have heard about this movie is how Tom Cruise does all the dangerous stunts himself, from jumping buildings to flying choppers and risks his own life so that we the audience can enjoy a good spectacle.
Old August 8th, 2018, 09:54 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
The only praise - and most people talk about the same thing - I have heard about this movie is how Tom Cruise does all the dangerous stunts himself, from jumping buildings to flying choppers and risks his own life so that we the audience can enjoy a good spectacle.
I dont think he is like Jackie Chan who really jumps and rolls and fights on his own without special effects. In this movie, you can see that without special effects the stunts would be impossible. Except one or two scenes, rest is all special effects.
Old August 10th, 2018, 05:40 AM
Senior eCharchan

They are quite different. Jackie Chan's stunts are close combat type hand to hand fighting. Tom Cruise's entertainment is jumping between buildings, hanging of Aeroplanes.... Yeah, Tom Cruise's fights do need special effects.