eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old July 15th, 2002, 07:17 AM
Junior eCharchan

SachhaDesi is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Stupid Incident. Never do it.

Writing after a long time on EC. Yesterday (Sunday) I went to Best Buy and it happened there with me. A week ago I had bought a camcorder bag. Then I realised that the bag is too small to fit all the accessories that I have. So yesterday I decided to take that bag to Best Buy for replacement and I also kept my camcorder and accessories with me so that I can try some other bag and make sure that all accessories fit in well. It all started from there. First a sales person while passing by saw me putting camcorder in the bag and approached me to ask if I need any help. She was extremely polite but I realised the mistake I made and immedietly explained her what exactly I am doing. She just smiled and said "Ok!!! I just get nervous when I see camcorder with bags." She went away and I carried on to quickly finish my task of checking out bags and another salesperson approached me asking if I need help. Again I explained him what I am doing.
At this point I was really embarassed and decided to go home. I started pulling out my camcorder and other accessories from the bag I was testing and third sales person came to me. He was professional too but appeared little strict (by the way he was Indian). Yet again I explained him what I was trying to do and also offered him to scan all the stuff that I had just to clear the doubt. I also showed him the receipt of the bag that I bought from Best Buy. He said its ok but advised me to leave as soon as possible. I don't blame him for that but he still had the doubt about my intentions. He said "Its ok for now but if somebody sees you again with all this you will be in trouble."

I tried my best, pull all my belongings back ine the bag and left Best Buy. I thought there will be another round of queries at the door where a guy was verifying what people were carrying out and checking items with the receipt they had. Luckily he did
not ask me anything I came out of Best Buy.

This whole incident was so embarassing and humiliating though nobody said anything to me. When I stepped out of Best Buy I was saying to myself "This was not innocence, it was sheer stupidity."

Just FYI so that nobody repeats this mistake. Galti se bhi ye mistake mat karna.
Old July 15th, 2002, 07:29 AM
Senior eCharchan

Diplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond repute
GOOD ONE.
but then that is why I got my camcorder bag from Sony itself at www.sonystyle.com.

No problems of fitment...and no hassles too!!

Old July 15th, 2002, 07:38 AM
Senior eCharchan

BlrBoy is on a distinguished road
you should always register the stuff you are taking in with the security.. this way you dont have to be answerable to anyone..
Old July 15th, 2002, 08:16 AM
Aaapka Dost

Rahul will become famous soon enoughRahul will become famous soon enough
Question couldnt able to understand......

Coulnt able to understand why to felt bad, if you have original receipt with you, those receipt very well mentioned the serial number back on your camcorder (and its a nice idea to note down from security as Blrboy says).

In fact saalo ko main to descrimination ki dhamkti de deta agar ko mujse puchta to, saala main apni chij lekar aaya hu, and I want to purchase something.

Rahi baat indian sales rep. ki, you could have simply answered him - "dont bother to give me your adive, I dont need'em" or "I know better what I am looking, and How I can find that"

I always have a single words when any indian sales rep comes close to me "did I ask for your help ??"

Desi rep, saaley ki gaand fuk rahi hogi (why they always behave wrong with other desis)
Old July 15th, 2002, 09:08 AM
Junior eCharchan

Nondescript is on a distinguished road
DISCRIMINATION?

Sure. We had just gotten back from the Supermarket. And were unloading stuff from the car. I saw a cop car pull into the drive. We were inside now, putting stuff on the shelves. When the door bell rang. My wife answered. The cop, a young guy asked whether I was the owner of a car with the license plate XYZ000. I came forward and said, Yes officer. That is my car in front. What seems to be the problem. He asked whether we had just gotten back from ABC Supermkt. I said yes. He asked whether my wife had bought a bathrobe. I confirmed yes. He asked to see the bill. I presented it. He said ok thanks and turned to go.

Thats when I said, just a minute officer. If you don't mind could you tell me what this is about?

Apparently, someone (white obviously) said he/she thought this Indian lady had walked away with merchandise and complained to the Manager.

Moral of the story: Keep all bills with you for at least a week.
Old July 15th, 2002, 09:16 AM
Vettaikaran

Parashuram has much to be proud ofParashuram has much to be proud ofParashuram has much to be proud ofParashuram has much to be proud ofParashuram has much to be proud ofParashuram has much to be proud ofParashuram has much to be proud ofParashuram has much to be proud ofParashuram has much to be proud of
Simple

Start shouting loudly .......call for the manager .......tell him that he's going to hear from your Lawyer .......I always keep a attorney on retainer .......This is a opportunity to sue and make $$$$$$
Once my processor is rented cycles in Korea, my RAM is in orbit, and my storage media is distributed in 10K chunks all over the former Soviet Union, and there is no noticable performance hit. Then I'll have enough bandwidth.

http://www.vinod.us

http://www.storagedimensions.us
Old July 15th, 2002, 09:46 AM
Vettaikaran

Parashuram has much to be proud ofParashuram has much to be proud ofParashuram has much to be proud ofParashuram has much to be proud ofParashuram has much to be proud ofParashuram has much to be proud ofParashuram has much to be proud ofParashuram has much to be proud ofParashuram has much to be proud of
OK

Here's a cool way to make money .........

1. Wear a orange jibba and a red pajama with kohlapuri chappals
2. Wear a red tikka and a angulimala or a rudraksha mala
3. Shout WAASSUP to the security guard
4. Give a high five to the store clerk
5. Act funny ......like repeatedly pick up small items put them down and reach for your pockets

When approached by the store personnel speak in urdu ......when matters reach a head speak in hinglish and say that you're gonna SUE em ........walk out .......call the store manager the next day and tell him to expect a notice to appear in court .......then sit back and watch the *FUN*
Once my processor is rented cycles in Korea, my RAM is in orbit, and my storage media is distributed in 10K chunks all over the former Soviet Union, and there is no noticable performance hit. Then I'll have enough bandwidth.

http://www.vinod.us

http://www.storagedimensions.us