eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Life Abroad

Notices

Life Abroad All about life away from home

View Poll Results: Should drunks be arrested in bars?
Yes 7 50.00%
No 7 50.00%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 23rd, 2006, 10:18 AM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Undercover agents arrest drinkers for being drunk

SAN ANTONIO, Texas (Reuters) -- Texas has begun sending undercover agents into bars to arrest drinkers for being drunk, a spokeswoman for the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission said Wednesday.

The first sting operation was conducted recently in a Dallas suburb where agents infiltrated 36 bars and arrested 30 people for public intoxication, said the commission's Carolyn Beck.

Being in a bar does not exempt one from the state laws against public drunkenness, Beck said.

The goal, she said, was to detain drunks before they leave a bar and go do something dangerous like drive a car.

"We feel that the only way we're going to get at the drunk driving problem and the problem of people hurting each other while drunk is by crackdowns like this," she said.

"There are a lot of dangerous and stupid things people do when they're intoxicated, other than get behind the wheel of a car," Beck said. "People walk out into traffic and get run over, people jump off of balconies trying to reach a swimming pool and miss."

She said the sting operations would continue throughout the state.

==========================================================

lolz wha next? arresting people fo committing future crimes?
Old March 23rd, 2006, 10:55 AM
We change, values don't

2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Undercover agents arrest drinkers for being drunk

Not to confuse the issue at hand, here they are talking about public intoxication, not about some guys going at random to a bar to have a couple of pegs. Are you not afraid of a situation if you find dozens of cars being parked outside and all the the people who get out of them indulge in binge drinking? So I feel it is better to arrest them before they get behind their wheels rather than regret later of not having done it.

So I voted yes.
Old March 23rd, 2006, 11:01 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

If it is the law, yes. If there is a level of drunkenness defined in that law, then anybody over that level should be arrested... what if they walk over somebody? especially some of these 400+ pound drunks?

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old March 23rd, 2006, 11:15 AM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute

the bars that ive been to actually have a couple of sheriffs on guard. and ive been thrown out too coz my stupid dost log got drunk and started groping the waitresses. the waitresses were OK with it. saala the manager got jealous and had us thrown out. out ya go sir. dhadaam sir bolke aise phekneka?
Old March 23rd, 2006, 11:33 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Undercover agents arrest drinkers for being drunk

When I was working in San Diego, a few friends and I went to a strip club. One of my friends was on a business trip from India. So we took him out to a strip club.

I was the designated driver. We stayed there till like 2 AM and then the club closed down for the night. As we stepped out, two cop cars were there. One of the cop came to us and asked, are you in a state to drive. I stepped forward and said that I was the designated driver and my friends are drunk.

He was satisfied with this and even congratulated us on having the sense to have a designated driver.

Yes, I say arrest all those who leave a bar totally inebriated and then pose a danger to themselves and others by driving a car in that state.

On the other hand, I dont mind people getting sloshed in a bar, as long as they get a taxi to go home and dont misbehave in the bar.
Old March 23rd, 2006, 11:42 AM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute

Pencho Police hai ki Taliban...
Old March 23rd, 2006, 11:49 AM
Third Echelon

padhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to all

I think cops can enforce the law outside the pub. We have cops who wait outside clubs and infact that acts as a deterrent to guys that big brother outside is watching them. I see no reason for them to come bust your party. I dont think it will be a legal move either and if the restaurant owner challenge them then the cops will be in deep shit.
Old March 23rd, 2006, 12:22 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

So these COPs can bust private parties at somebody's house too.
Can they just rush in to anybody's home where there is a party going on, and there are some who got drunk?
Old March 23rd, 2006, 12:41 PM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal
So these COPs can bust private parties at somebody's house too.
Can they just rush in to anybody's home where there is a party going on, and there are some who got drunk?
amtha bhai, a bar is a public place and once UR drunk, god only knows what you could do. in fact many a bars check even before you enter their premises. if you're already drunk, you cannot enter a bar. dhanda kaise hoga agar tu ghar se hee talli hokar aaya hai
Old March 23rd, 2006, 01:16 PM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by YedaAnna
amtha bhai, a bar is a public place and once UR drunk, god only knows what you could do.
Yeda pai how can you predict that everyone who gets drunk is going to create a nuisance and endanger society??

Yeh tow jurm karne se pahle hi saja dene waali baat hui yaar..

As long as one is not creating a nuisance after getting sloshed, and obeying the law by not driving wagerah wagerah, Nobody has a right to prosecute him/her..
Old March 23rd, 2006, 02:32 PM
Livin La Vida Loca

well virg pai. it's as good as saying itz OK to drive under influence as long as you dont wreck ur car or kill someone. ive seen ppl who are not themselves (and ive personally been in such state) after getting drunk, which is but natural. as i said if my friends weren't drunk enuf that night, they'd not have had the balls to grab a girl by her boob! it was good that the girl took it in good spirit but it wasn't decent by any means. if one wants to get drunk, let him do it in his basement but why a public place!
Old March 23rd, 2006, 02:41 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by YedaAnna
well virg pai. it's as good as saying itz OK to drive under influence as long as you dont wreck ur car or kill someone. ive seen ppl who are not themselves (and ive personally been in such state) after getting drunk, which is but natural. as i said if my friends weren't drunk enuf that night, they'd not have had the balls to grab a girl by her boob! it was good that the girl took it in good spirit but it wasn't decent by any means. if one wants to get drunk, let him do it in his basement but why a public place!
Tow yeda pai phir bar kaheko khola hai yaar.. there will be occasions when people will get sloshed/drunk.. If someone behaves in manner like your friends did, by all means prosecute them.. I am sure people who do create nuisance after drinking in bars are also handled accordingly but to Police everybody who is drunk irrespective of whether they've broken a law or not is not fair methinks..
Old March 23rd, 2006, 03:15 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

The whole issue is quite comical....its like the movie Minority Report...if u guys have seen it....u get arrested for a crime u havent commited yet...

But i agree with yeda pai....once u r drunk u might get outta control...and if there's the slightest possibility it has to be contained...believe me...
Old March 23rd, 2006, 03:43 PM
eCharchan

style bhai is a jewel in the roughstyle bhai is a jewel in the roughstyle bhai is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiBaba
SAN ANTONIO, Texas (Reuters) -- Texas has begun sending undercover agents into bars to arrest drinkers for being drunk, a spokeswoman for the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission said Wednesday.

The first sting operation was conducted recently in a Dallas suburb where agents infiltrated 36 bars and arrested 30 people for public intoxication, said the commission's Carolyn Beck.

Being in a bar does not exempt one from the state laws against public drunkenness, Beck said.

The goal, she said, was to detain drunks before they leave a bar and go do something dangerous like drive a car.

"We feel that the only way we're going to get at the drunk driving problem and the problem of people hurting each other while drunk is by crackdowns like this," she said.

"There are a lot of dangerous and stupid things people do when they're intoxicated, other than get behind the wheel of a car," Beck said. "People walk out into traffic and get run over, people jump off of balconies trying to reach a swimming pool and miss."

She said the sting operations would continue throughout the state.

==========================================================

lolz wha next? arresting people fo committing future crimes?

remember that tm cruise movie, about arresting people who in future are going to commit a crime

Dhurandhar Need Not Reply
Old March 23rd, 2006, 03:46 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by style bhai
remember that tm cruise movie, about arresting people who in future are going to commit a crime
so wat else did i say....? ? ?