eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old January 9th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Poor Big B. Its time Abhishekh Bacchan earned a living

I love Big B and when his son made a debut, I thought that, good, I will get to enjoy a chip of the old block and maybe get the same Big B style of acting and entertainment. Alas, consecutive flops is what Abhishekh has been delivering

Its time he gave up acting and started to earn a living. How long is he going to make his father keep working non stop to feed the family?

Quote:
Big B to host shows on two rival channels together
By: Subhash K Jha Date: 2011-01-09 Place: Mumbai

The actor has given the nod to Colors and Sony Entertainment for their respective shows.

Even though Amitabh Bachchan has said no to the next season of Bigg Boss, reluctant to fill in previous host Salman Khan's rather large shoes, Colors is not giving up. It wants the Big B back at any cost, and is wooing him for a current affairs based reality TV show. Says a source close to him, "Last year, Colors lost the chance to have Mr Bachchan host Bigg Boss because Sony Entertainment was quicker with negotiations for Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC). Now, both channels are vying to reserve Mr Bachchan for their respective shows."

Mr Bachchan has apparently given the nod to both Colors and Sony. While Sony is already working on another season of KBC, Colors is working on a new reality show based on current affairs. Both shows will go on air at the same time this year.

Colors, informs a source, wants to tap into the Big B's connect with the middleclass in a reality show that will move away from the game show format. The source adds, "Amitji's reality show on Colors will be a gritty, intense look at contemporary issues." Through the Bachchan persona, Colors wants to move out of that overdone comfort zone created by the presence of glamorous celebrities on TV shows.

Confirming these developments, Bachchan says cautiously, "Yes, I will be doing something on both channels next year. Sony wants me for another season of KBC and Colors is working on a new show."

Marvelling at the impact he has had on working class participants, particularly housewives on KBC, he says, "It was an overwhelming experience. Frankly, I was apprehensive about how I'll manage since I was returning to KBC after 10 years. But the bond I forged with working class contestants was so gratifying."

He now wants to explore his connect with the middleclass even further. That will be the focus of the new reality show on Colors. Says the Big B, "We thought the episodes featuring stars on KBC would show a grand rise in the TRPs. Ironically, it was the working class which seemed to matter on the show."

The head honchos of both channels are now seen swishing in and out of Big B's office Janak. Obviously, all roads on Indian television these days lead to Amitabh Bachchan.

LINK