eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Culture > Recipe Corner

Notices

Recipe Corner Share your tried-and-tested favourite recipes...

Old May 3rd, 2002, 01:41 PM
Banned

yme is on a distinguished road
Would you impose your vegetarian beliefs on others, especially children?

If you are a strict vegetarian,Would you impose it on your children? Give an honest opinion!
Old May 3rd, 2002, 01:47 PM
Vettaikaran

Parashuram has much to be proud ofParashuram has much to be proud ofParashuram has much to be proud ofParashuram has much to be proud ofParashuram has much to be proud ofParashuram has much to be proud ofParashuram has much to be proud ofParashuram has much to be proud ofParashuram has much to be proud of
No ........My mom is a strict vegetarian .....I eat anything except Snakes .....My wife is a strict vegetarian .....My son can do what he wants so long as he doesnt end up in Jail or does drugs etc
Once my processor is rented cycles in Korea, my RAM is in orbit, and my storage media is distributed in 10K chunks all over the former Soviet Union, and there is no noticable performance hit. Then I'll have enough bandwidth.

http://www.vinod.us

http://www.storagedimensions.us
Old May 3rd, 2002, 01:57 PM
D'oh!

patel_rahul is a glorious beacon of lightpatel_rahul is a glorious beacon of lightpatel_rahul is a glorious beacon of lightpatel_rahul is a glorious beacon of lightpatel_rahul is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Would you impose your vegetarian beliefs on others, especially children?

Quote:
Originally posted by yme
If you are a strict vegetarian,Would you impose it on your children? Give an honest opinion!
Yes.
Old May 3rd, 2002, 01:58 PM
Senior Echarchan

Super Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of light
No
------------------------------------------------
A Proud Indian American
Old May 3rd, 2002, 01:58 PM
Senior eCharchan

Diplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond repute
The real question is:
can you impose it?

Old May 3rd, 2002, 02:00 PM
Banned

Diplomat: Right question.

Patel_Rahul: Waiting for your answer?
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
no
Aaapka Dost

Rahul will become famous soon enoughRahul will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: Would you impose your vegetarian beliefs on others, especially children?

Quote:
Originally posted by yme
No

I dont want my kids to suffer the way I suffered in some countries.......US is okay but man country like Thailand, Japan sux big time.
Old May 3rd, 2002, 02:01 PM
Senior eCharchan

Diplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Would you impose your vegetarian beliefs on others, especially children?

Quote:
Originally posted by Rahul

No

I dont want my kids to suffer the way I suffered in some countries.......US is okay but man country like Thailand, Japan sux big time.
zara khool ke describe karo.....

Old May 3rd, 2002, 02:02 PM
D'oh!

patel_rahul is a glorious beacon of lightpatel_rahul is a glorious beacon of lightpatel_rahul is a glorious beacon of lightpatel_rahul is a glorious beacon of lightpatel_rahul is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by yme
Diplomat: Right question.

Patel_Rahul: Waiting for your answer?
kaisa answer? yes to kaha. to be more precise, yes for my children, not for others.
Old May 3rd, 2002, 02:09 PM
Senior Echarchan

Super Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of light
I know a lot of indians who are strict vegetarians and so are their children.

For the record they are just not gujjus... people from all over India -

the south, Rajasthan, North and of course the west.
A Proud Indian American
Old May 3rd, 2002, 02:11 PM
Banned

If I may, I would like to know your reasons behind why you would not let your children eat?

Please ignore my question if I am intruding in your personal life, your children, your choice.

The reason for starting this thread was to get some answers to such sensetive issues.
Old May 3rd, 2002, 02:18 PM
Senior Echarchan

maybe I can try, though I am not a strict vegetarian. But I do happen to know a lot of them.

Their main rationale..

That this is their culture, their heritage. Religion dictates. It is against their norm to eat meat. God doesn't permit them.

Now some of them actually believe in Saatvik khana. No garlic, ginger and onions. they are very careful of what they eat.

I do not know how they do it. I would findit very difficult. but then where there is will there is way.
A Proud Indian American
Old May 3rd, 2002, 02:28 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Would you impose your vegetarian beliefs on others, especially children?

Quote:
Originally posted by yme
My mother is a strict vegetarioan.. does not even eat eggs or cake with eggs. Yet she makes some of the best Ghati style chicken and fish fry. My father was non-vegetarian.

Neither of them forced us to not eat anything. We were allowed to eat what we liked. I never used to like Mutton and ate Chicken and fish instead.

If I was a vegetarian I would not force my kids to be one. I would surely let them taste all the meats and then they can decide as theu grow up whether they wish to eat meat or not.

If both of us were vegetarians and we did not cook meat at all at home, then I would not stop my kids from eating meat outside.

Its stupid to force diet on your kids. Offcourse we would take care that our kids did not binge constatntly on junk food.
Old May 3rd, 2002, 02:28 PM
D'oh!

Quote:
Originally posted by yme
If I may, I would like to know your reasons behind why you would not let your children eat?

Please ignore my question if I am intruding in your personal life, your children, your choice.

The reason for starting this thread was to get some answers to such sensetive issues.
No you are not intruding on my children...because I don't have them. But, on a serious note, I would ask them not to eat meat for the same reasons that I dont'. However, there's no point in posting those reasons here because the thread is going to be derailed as soon as some serious discussion starts.