eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old September 7th, 2001, 05:15 AM
A proud Muslim FULLSTOP!

loverboy260 is infamous around these partsloverboy260 is infamous around these partsloverboy260 is infamous around these partsloverboy260 is infamous around these partsloverboy260 is infamous around these partsloverboy260 is infamous around these parts
ok this is for all muslims reading this or not

do u know, am i the only one who feels that a muslim is not a real muslim (not even me) I KNOW non_muslims may laugh that i am embarassing my own religion etc.... but it is the truth. i mean in islam it says no sex before marriage, no gold things on men but do we actually act upon it? i dont think so. do we pray five times a day? no most so called muslims donot. why not? because they want to be modern!!!! they are forgetting that religion doesnot have to change with times, it is not like a law (an example is homosexuality was accepted in many western states from 70s onward, a question is it accepted in india?)
which changes, religion is a religion i wish that muslims accept that. i mean i have a friend who drinks, eats haram food? i mean what the hell is that? if someone asks us what religion are we, we proudly say muslim, but do not act upon it? this is really embarassing, (in a programme about islam on BBC2 in uk, a muslim person said that all of the things that make us muslims will all be not done bu muslims except for circumcision, how sad is that) and then islam say cover up? how many women actually do that? even in Pakistani channels in UK etc there are women who have no "dupatta"etc and these are supposed to be muslim channels.......... god save us muslims. it is also said n the Holy Quran or Hadees, that the end will not come until muslims stop doing things and not feel guilty? and i reckon that day has come for if you felt guilty of not doing something u would do it. i pray 4 times a day and i feel guilty about the 5th prayer but before when i didnt use to pray, when i use to remember and say to myself why dont i pray i use to feel guilty but other times i would just remember and feel anything so that guilt part made me pray and as i said i am still not perfect for there areother things that a muslim has to do like did u know every day you have to read "darood and slam on holy prophet like sal al la ho mohammed ur rasool allah" (please any non-muslims do not make fun of this part) so comeon muslims i know you will probably read this, curse me and then forget about it but you have to get your act together, remember what it is gonna be like in hell, it is the next life you should be worried about not this. hopefully i will start a website about muslim requirements and hopefully you will visit it and act upon it. please please do! even if no one in your area does it i mean muslims living in your area but please you do you can make a difference.
Old September 7th, 2001, 05:24 AM
A proud Muslim FULLSTOP!

loverboy260 is infamous around these partsloverboy260 is infamous around these partsloverboy260 is infamous around these partsloverboy260 is infamous around these partsloverboy260 is infamous around these partsloverboy260 is infamous around these parts
i think someone should reply to this a muslim or are you too scared that this is the true and harsh reality................
Old September 7th, 2001, 05:28 AM
Senior eCharchan

risingsun has a spectacular aura aboutrisingsun has a spectacular aura aboutrisingsun has a spectacular aura about
I think you have posted this thread at a veyr wrong time, At this time you will get instant replies to caste thread from karuna...but no muslims online right now!!! so wait till evening....

as far as i am concerned, i beg to differ from your opinion. Religion does have to change with times. rather, interpretation of religion has to change with times. You have suddenly started to sound like an Afghani Fanatic muslim in the previous post. next you will say women should wear a burqua while posting on echarcha and what not.... is that what you are implying?
Old September 7th, 2001, 05:32 AM
A proud Muslim FULLSTOP!

ok what afghan people are doing is really really wrong. they are not muslims. i think a muslim should wear burkha but if i was prime minister or whatever of afghan i would definitely not stop them working and let them do whatever they are doing as long as it is within muslim boundary. also when i said about religion being changed i meant people think that but i dont!!!!!
i try to be a good muslim but since i live in a non-muslim country (but nowadays there is no good muslim countries for paki films are really sad and like indian films) it is really difficult.
Old September 7th, 2001, 05:33 AM
A proud Muslim FULLSTOP!

when i say they are not muslims i mean they dont act like one, but i wouldnt say they are not muslims as that is really a big sin...
Old September 7th, 2001, 05:42 AM
Senior eCharchan

risingsun has a spectacular aura aboutrisingsun has a spectacular aura aboutrisingsun has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by loverboy260
whatever they are doing as long as it is within muslim boundary. also when i said about religion being changed i meant people think that but i dont!!!!!
HEHEHE what you are saying is completely contradictory to what you are implying. what do you mean by muslim boundary? for you a woman going to work may be withing muslim boundary, but for afghani muslims it is not!!! thats what i meant when i said interpretation of religion should change with times.

I am a hindu and i will tell you an example. i dont say that what i am saying is totally correct but that is my interpretation ok? My religion says (i.e. was interpreted in those days as) that a womans first name ought to be changed when she gets married and the husband decides the first name. now the reason for this was that in old times, joint and large families used to exist, so many times it happened that the name of the new bride coincided with someone's in the household, so to avoid confusions the name used to be changed. Nowadays, joint family traditions have broken down and the size of family is very small, so it rarely happens that the names coincide so people do not think that it is hard and fast that the name of the bride should be changed.... look the religion is same, what it says is same but interpretation has changed. Now this was interpretation for me, for someone else the same thing would mean something different!!!
Old September 7th, 2001, 05:48 AM
A proud Muslim FULLSTOP!

no no, u have got my religion completely wrong, because in our religion no matter where in teh world you are muslims are allowed to work, it is just these afghan people trying to be forceful towards women so in reality a women could work if she wants to.... as long as she is wearing proper clothes. and how am i contradicting myself?
Old September 7th, 2001, 05:56 AM
Senior eCharchan

Netra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant future
Loverboy should one follow the Koran (or any other religious book) blindly without using one's power of thinking? I don't see why a woman should be forced to cover her face if she doesn't want to. Of course if she herself wants to she shouldn't be stopped either.
Old September 7th, 2001, 06:04 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally posted by loverboy260
no no, u have got my religion completely wrong, because in our religion no matter where in teh world you are muslims are allowed to work, it is just these afghan people trying to be forceful towards women so in reality a women could work if she wants to.... as long as she is wearing proper clothes. and how am i contradicting myself?
hey about work, it was just an example. ok i will take the example about what you say. proper clothes...what do you mean by proper clothes??? for you a salwar kameej may be proper, for someone even jeans and minis may seem proper..got what i mean by interpretation???
Old September 7th, 2001, 06:30 AM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
Loverboy, My poor reading habits is making it impossible to make head or tail of your posts. Could be your style ?

Its after reading replies of my fd. Raisinsun that I try and make some sense.

Loverboy I think our Indian and Pakistani Muslim brothers and sisters are way way ahead in keeping up with the needs of modern times without sacrificing the commands of religion.
Muslim sisters are empowering themselves and taking their rightful place not only in work force but also in solving social problems.

Afghanistan and rest of Arab world do not realize that they are shamefully wasting half of their human resources manly female population,

We have good Muslims here and they may enlighten you further ...
Old September 7th, 2001, 06:43 AM
Pakka Desi

IA is just really niceIA is just really niceIA is just really niceIA is just really nice
loverboy just praying and following all the rules doesn't make you musalmaan it just make you a fanatic (this is a general statement so don;t take it personally). It has to be the faith which matters the most. I agree you should avoid lot of thing but when it came to survival nothing matters.

Quote:
women could work if she wants to.... as long as she is wearing proper clothes. and how am i contradicting myself?
What do you mean by proper clothes? wear the veil and go to work you must be joking right.
Old September 7th, 2001, 07:32 AM
Senior eCharchan

SimpleHuman will become famous soon enough
Smile

Dear LoverBoy,

Your query is very much legitimate, Why Muslim is not acting like a Muslim? One question, many answers…

Let me start with a very old say “Paancho Unglian Aik Barabar Nahi Hoti!” and it’s a fact! Isi tarha you have Good/Bad/Ugly in practically every caste and community. So the real problem is with Muslims not with the religion ISLAM!

85% of woman folk in my family don’t wear Burka/Hijab and still we are very highly regarded Sunni “SAYED” family from many generations! Fine, I never drunk in my whole life even never touched Smoke ones and try to pray as mush as possible in a day, does that guaranty me place in Heaven??? I don’t think so… it all depends that on my behavior as a good person and my many acts in society… a real Muslim is the one who is a good “Human” first!!!

And pity about the world is they only count how many different kind of Burkas around and comes in what shape and sizes!!! Have someone actually try to understand the meaning of term “HIJAB” in islam???

My mother always wears tradinonal Indian dress “SARI” and she is completely protecting her body from any ill intended looks! For me even this is “HIJAB”! and that a change!!! According to me!

There is lot to talk about but its worth while if the audience looks at it with a intension for source of knowledge!!!

Regards,

---Not Me!
Old September 7th, 2001, 08:01 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
Man created religion. I do not think any MAN has the power/say or right to decide what GOD has in mind. No one has seen him and so all your arguements that not being a muslim is a sin is mute.

Someone will come and say not being a hindu is a sin and yet another will say jesus is the only saviour and yet another will argue worship nuclear energy and so on and so forth. All religions were written and rewritten to keep a bunch of people in check and control them thats all.. eating this meat that meat, wearing this dress that dress etc was never told by god. Heck he did not even give cloths to man when he made them ( assuming he made them that is).

Religion has outlived its utility and now all it does is destruction at a large scale. It is not nuclear bombs that are destroying humanity.. it is the religion and the religious band wagon destroying the beautiful world we live in by killing innocent people in the name of religion. Look at the recent episode in northern Ireland where the protestant groups threw bombs at catholic elementary school children.. did jesus write that as his wish? Look at the world trade center/kenya/kashmir bombings.. did allah want that? look at the hindus killing non hindus in India.. did ANY of the gazzillion hindu god want that? and if GOD truely wanted that and wrote such a proposal of hatred in his doctrine.. I refuse to accept as the ultimate god and saviour. I can do very well without him and his silly proposal.

A good Muslim/hindu/christian/jew/etc.etc. can only be one who has compassion and practices good deeds and good wishes and good will and respects fellow human being without reservations about his/her religion or belief. Everything else like burqas and veils and ghunghats and maxi wearing poliicies are nonsense. There probably was a reason behind such decrees in the olden days but in modern times it is plain and simple impractical, useless and downright cruel to curb a human beings freedom. Weather you say namaz 5 times a day or weather I read the gita/vedas twice a day is purely for your own solace and has no bearing on your seat in heaven/hell (if such a thing exists).

Its time all these old cronies carrying these religions on their heads shot themselves and left us all in peace.
Old September 7th, 2001, 08:03 AM
Senior eCharchan

Netra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant future
Good one Ravi. Taliyan!!!!
Old September 7th, 2001, 08:05 AM
Senior Echarchan

Super Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up

Well said, Ravi!
------------------------------------------------
A Proud Indian American