eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old August 4th, 2004, 08:13 AM
Junior eCharchan

SuperMan is on a distinguished road
The First Rains

What do you people do when it rains for the first time in the year. remember the smell of earth. it's such a good setting. i used to make pakoras and share it with my family and friends who used to come down to our bungalow. we used to assemble in our barsaati talk a lot and have those pakoras. and of course wioth hot coffee. i really miss those days.
Old August 4th, 2004, 09:17 AM
Senior eCharchan

Qn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of light
It all comes back to Food.

Damn, I miss those days too.
Old August 4th, 2004, 09:21 AM
Junior eCharchan

SuperMan is on a distinguished road
I used to love it when we used to talk of ghost stories etc when there was lightening. i feel like going back to india and doing the same thing again. but then it will be difficult to assemble those people again all have gone their own separate ways!
Old August 5th, 2004, 02:01 AM
Axecuse Me?

dawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud of
Re: The First Rains

Quote:
Originally posted by SuperMan
What do you people do when it rains for the first time in the year. remember the smell of earth. it's such a good setting. i used to make pakoras and share it with my family and friends who used to come down to our bungalow. we used to assemble in our barsaati talk a lot and have those pakoras. and of course wioth hot coffee. i really miss those days.
I find the smell of Earth once its rained very choking....though lots of ppl love it....Rain implies garma garam food stuff haev to be consumed to keep the rain God's happy
Old August 5th, 2004, 04:22 AM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
remember the smell of earth.

used to make pakoras

have pakoras.
What the hell thing is pokaras?

First rain ... beautiful soft, satin skin, red creatures size of little finger nails, used to burrow out from fresh wet earth. We collected and kept them in match boxes. Last time I asked children back home and they had no idea what I was talking about.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old August 5th, 2004, 06:40 AM
Senior eCharchan

Qn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of light
We used to do the same! In our part of the world (PUNJAB), the red bugs are called laal vahuti, meaning bride in red.

BTW, I think Pakoras are the equivalent of bhajiya in central india.
Old August 5th, 2004, 06:44 AM
Banned

Rodeo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
and of course wioth hot coffee. i really miss those days.

Well gurl you dont have to! Maybe you could have coffee in the shower with me!
Old August 5th, 2004, 09:57 AM
Axecuse Me?

dawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud of
Re: Re: The First Rains

Quote:
Originally posted by Rodeo
Well gurl you dont have to! Maybe you could have coffee in the shower with me!
Oh boy! Rodeo , u r a big risk take buddy I seriously hope for u that Superman aint a guy....otherwise u 2 , sharing coffee...in not the best of places...that would be so funnyyyyyyyy
Old August 5th, 2004, 10:37 AM
Banned

Rodeo is on a distinguished road
Re: Re: Re: The First Rains

Quote:
Originally posted by dawizard
Oh boy! Rodeo , u r a big risk take buddy I seriously hope for u that Superman aint a guy....otherwise u 2 , sharing coffee...in not the best of places...that would be so funnyyyyyyyy
Let SuperMan(?) come out clean with his/her sex. I think this SM is a gurl. She wants to buy gold she cooks Pakodas. And her topics are so girlsh.

I mean it rains every year..so what!
Old August 5th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: The First Rains

Quote:
Originally posted by tantric_yogi
First rain ... beautiful soft, satin skin, red creatures size of little finger nails, used to burrow out from fresh wet earth. We collected and kept them in match boxes. Last time I asked children back home and they had no idea what I was talking about.
Yes... yes... Yogi Ji, that was so much fun. I wonder if they still show up when it rains, because I tried to look for them over 8-9 years ago, I couldn't

Sent from my iPhone.
Old August 5th, 2004, 12:22 PM
Axecuse Me?

Re: Re: Re: Re: The First Rains

Quote:
Originally posted by Rodeo
Let SuperMan(?) come out clean with his/her sex. I think this SM is a gurl. She wants to buy gold she cooks Pakodas. And her topics are so girlsh.

I mean it rains every year..so what!
Rodeo....thats something u might as well just convince urself with... how can u ever know if Superman is actually telling the truth or not....ab toh fass gaya bachchu
Old August 5th, 2004, 03:49 PM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
remeba tha anu mallik song:

dekho baarish ho rahi hai

itz rainin itz rainin itz raaaaainin

anuda rockz
Old August 5th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by DesiBaba
remeba tha anu mallik song:

dekho baarish ho rahi hai

itz rainin itz rainin itz raaaaainin

anuda rockz

itz my favorite too db

another of mah anu favs is

dhuan dhuan ho raha hai samah
kahi to hai aag lage
Old August 5th, 2004, 05:24 PM
Junior eCharchan

anamika is on a distinguished road
Oh yeah I love the rains too. The smell of earth, chitchatting with friends/cousins, pakoras and coffee and a kambhal to wrap around .

I remember when we were travelling in buses between small towns near my village . It used to be so beautiful when it rained.

I love those days ..................and I miss home

My best rain song is: Rhim Jhim Rhim Jhim(1942)
Old August 5th, 2004, 11:14 PM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute
I love that song..rim zim gire saawan ..sulag ..sulag..
Kishore Kumar number I think. Man some old Hindi songs are so good!