eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old June 23rd, 2012, 12:16 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute
Rowdy Rathore

Rowdy Rathore

As you may well have guessed, Rowdy Rathore is not a film, it is a circus act. Yes it may gross over 100 crores, but then again people seem to think that IPL is a part of the gentleman’s game. No, how much money a movie makes means nothing to the discerning viewer. S/he only suffers.

Set in Mumbai (sets in Goregaon) and Bihar (sets in Goregaon with Madhubani paintings), the only bearable bits of RR are a handful of comic moments in the instant romance that are so imbecilic, they might make you laugh. Like watching people trip in public. Otherwise you are ‘treated’ to Akshay Kumar in a double role, a little kid who is used as a manipulative tool for a cringe worthy emotional track, and fight sequences that were made in the Rohit Shetty factory (complete with the flying Scorpio trademark). This is a Singham-Dabangg mashup, the definitive South Masala Remake Formula. Ah, I can see some of you booking tickets already.

In well-constructed films, there is a certain seamlessness that is brought by the various departments of filmmaking; an effort that escapes the attention of most viewers. It is often said that good behind-the-scenes work is a thankless job. Organic editing, background score that heightens mood without being heard, cinematography that merely captures. In Rowdy Rathore, every technician is trying to elbow past the other by being noisy and disruptive. Loudly delivered cornylogue battles with pink pants and bright orange shirts, smashing heads with iron relinquishes first place to Prabhudeva appearing in an item song with Kareena Kapoor. The director… in an item song. Yes.

Akshay Kumar enjoys himself playing the super hero like a man who knows what the box-office collection is going to be. Sonakshi Sinha’s role is not very much larger than what it was in Dabangg, but she does display a more energetic and expressive avatar. Will we ever find out, though, if she can be subtle too?

When Sanjay Leela Bhansali made a statement earlier this week about art in cinema being dead in India, you’d be forgiven if you thought the man who’s directed a French opera ballet were only joking and plugging a film he happens to have produced. But after watching this, you will only wonder how did Bhansali (who is amongst India’s highest paid directors with a filmography decidedly more art than commerce) ever commission Rowdy Rathore. Did the same person, a perfectionist by every account, hear the script and give an immediate thumbs-up? Did he entirely skip attending the shoot? Did he watch the first cut and say, “Yes, this is exactly what I was hoping for?” By associating himself with such a film Bhansali has allowed his critics who called him overbearing and pretentious to get away. Now that he endorses a Rowdy Rathore, was he being pretentious all along? Is this an exhibition of range of taste; or is this avarice?

Karan Anshuman

http://karananshuman.com/film/rowdy-rathore/
Old June 23rd, 2012, 02:55 PM
Life is BEAUtiful

sunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rowdy Rathore

Reading couple of lines in the review, I thgt that Swami is awesome at writing review, then I noticed

Old June 23rd, 2012, 02:59 PM
Love Saneless

Dead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykode View Post
Reading couple of lines in the review, I thgt that Swami is awesome at writing review, then I noticed
Itne saalo.n ke baad bhi tum Swami ko samajh nahi paaye??!!

I read the first word and scrolled down to click the link!!

Not his fault.. anyone who has the time to watch and write a review for Rowdy Rathore is certainly OUT OF WORK!!!!
Old June 23rd, 2012, 03:03 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Picture dekhne ka time mil jaaye kabhi toh paise nahi hote ticket ke liye

Waise read the review dont worry about who wrote it
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykode View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead On Arrival View Post
Itne saalo.n ke baad bhi tum Swami ko samajh nahi paaye??!!

I read the first word and scrolled down to click the link!!

Not his fault.. anyone who has the time to watch and write a review for Rowdy Rathore is certainly OUT OF WORK!!!!
Old June 23rd, 2012, 03:17 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

After reading the review intently I realized that there is nothing written in it. Not a bit about what the movie is about... a little bit of who or what the story is Is it a remake of a Ravi Teja movie, the name of which is unpronounceable?

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old June 23rd, 2012, 03:19 PM
Love Saneless

Dead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
After reading the review intently I realized that there is nothing written in it. Not a bit about what the movie is about... a little bit of who or what the story is Is it a remake of a Ravi Teja movie, the name of which is unpronounceable?
But isnt that what reviews are all about

Unless.. you have the time to actually watch a movie like this..
Old June 23rd, 2012, 03:24 PM
Super eCharchan

So you also want to say "Missing Ashdoc's Movie Review"
Ek to review chipkata hi upar se logo ke itne nakhre
Quote:
Old June 23rd, 2012, 03:27 PM
Love Saneless

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
Well.. lets just put it this way.. there havent been any movies .. worth an Ashdoc's review!!
Old June 23rd, 2012, 03:31 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
Ek to review chipkata hi upar se logo ke itne nakhre
Wow... you say this here and I say the exact same thing in another thread. We must be great minds... why because they say great minds think alike

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old June 23rd, 2012, 04:37 PM
Senior eCharchan

sanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What do you mean by saying there's nothing written in it?

Au contraire, everything that you need is written in that review!

BTW, did you like the French phrase? I happened to have read it somewhere the other day on the web, and today I got a chance to use it.

Anyway, the summary of the review is this: It's a freakin' stupid movie. So don't watch it. That's what the reviewer is sayin'.

Are we clear now?

Old June 24th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Orijinally d Dooplikate!!

Metafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Un-pronounceable? Here let me help you.....read it slowly first...

"Vikram" then "Mark" and an "odu"

now go for it faster....

"Vikramarkudu"

reminds me of by-hearting (memorize) in school days....