eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Culture > Cultural Exchange

Notices

Cultural Exchange Cultural topics - Indian and other

Old June 10th, 2002, 08:20 PM
Banned

yme is on a distinguished road
Which language is most important for you to know: Hindi or your reigonal language!

Obviously all of us know English

I feel, to know your reigonal language (gujrati, sindhi, tamil etc) is an added bonus but all of us should know Hindi. It is disgusting if a person is from India and cannot speak Hindi.

Last edited by yme; June 10th, 2002 at 08:33 PM.
Old June 10th, 2002, 09:25 PM
a bored echarchan

nandini is a splendid one to beholdnandini is a splendid one to beholdnandini is a splendid one to beholdnandini is a splendid one to beholdnandini is a splendid one to beholdnandini is a splendid one to beholdnandini is a splendid one to behold
Re: Which language is most important for you to know: Hindi or your reigonal language!

Quote:
Originally posted by yme

I feel, to know your reigonal language (gujrati, sindhi, tamil etc) is an added bonus but all of us should know Hindi. It is disgusting if a person is from India and cannot speak Hindi.
1.pehli baat to yeh ki kuch logo ke liye hindi bhi ek kshetriya bhaasha hoti hai
2. isme kuch bhi ghrinaspad nahin hai ki aap aapni maatribhaasha bhali bhaanti aati ho par hindi nahin...kitne hindi bhaashi ...koi aur bhartiya bhasha seekhne ki koshish karte hai....kripya bataye
Old June 10th, 2002, 09:59 PM
Wannabe Mogambo

kameena is on a distinguished road
Re: Which language is most important for you to know: Hindi or your reigonal language!

Quote:
Originally posted by yme

Phir shuru kar diya Southie Vs Northie ka Jhagada.

Vaise Nandine ke prashn ka koi uttar hai tumhaare paas bandhu?

70 out of 100 Southies would have made an attempt of learning hindi or would be able to understand and converse in broken Hindi? How many guys whose mother tongue is Hindi make such an attempt?
Old June 10th, 2002, 11:42 PM
Proud Hindusthani

chirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to behold
Is your mother or father more important to you?
In most people its both

I equate rashtrabhasha with my matrubhasha.

And anyway .. the language which most people speak is "hindusthani" rather than "hindi" ..... hindusthani is a mixure of various languages.

And i ..er..... agree with yme.... .. hindusthan mein rekhar hindi nahi aata to (hutiyagiri hai
Old June 11th, 2002, 02:40 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by chirag2000
And i ..er..... agree with yme.... .. hindusthan mein rekhar hindi nahi aata to (hutiyagiri hai

exactly my thoughts...
Old June 11th, 2002, 03:52 AM
Junior eCharchan

pathik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by chirag2000

hindusthan mein rekhar hindi nahi aata to (hutiyagiri hai
I disagree entirely. India is a multicultural country, almost like the entire world in a national capsule. Hindi can be the common language of North India at the best, where the Indo-Aryan languages are spoken. I don't see any reason why the South or the North East should have to accept it. (I am a Northy). Hindi is almost as alien to them as English, and English is far more useful.
I think we should have NO "national" language at all. Only a "link" language in which English is the best practical choice.
Old June 11th, 2002, 04:54 AM
Proud Hindusthani

chirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by pathik

I disagree entirely. India is a multicultural country, almost like the entire world in a national capsule. Hindi can be the common language of North India at the best, where the Indo-Aryan languages are spoken. I don't see any reason why the South or the North East should have to accept it. (I am a Northy). Hindi is almost as alien to them as English, and English is far more useful.
I think we should have NO "national" language at all. Only a "link" language in which English is the best practical choice.

Im not a northie....i am a ghatee..... hehe ..... as y prob know
As it stands hindi is our national language accepted by the constitution
Hindi as we speak today as you know is a mixture of various languages like turki farsi arabic portugese,etc
Hindi is a descendant of sanskrit like most languages here

And i dont think or feel inferior to use this language or my mother toungue anywhere... ..infact i feel english is a langugae of numerours shortcummings and INERIOR to any indian language

This is a good source for more information on the language
http://www.cs.colostate.edu/~malaiya/hindiint.html

Old June 11th, 2002, 05:28 AM
the voice of reason

vakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the rough
whilst there are many regional languages in our country i feel that as a matter of national pride we must retain hindi as the national language.
Old June 11th, 2002, 06:20 AM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Which language is most important for you to know: Hindi or your reigonal language!

Quote:
Originally posted by kameena

70 out of 100 Southies would have made an attempt of learning hindi or would be able to understand and converse in broken Hindi? How many guys whose mother tongue is Hindi make such an attempt?

70/100 southies have made an attempt...so?? aint hindi tha national language of India???

had some other language been tha national one then obviously 70 outta 100 northies would have made an attempt to learn that language...

sorry for mah tone kameena pai..but i m a bit touchy bout this issue..

this hindi hating crap waz introduced to me when i 1st came to US..i neva eva knew that such a thing even existed..

so to all those southies who hate hindi ,

MAH BIG FUKK U
Old June 11th, 2002, 06:31 AM
Senior eCharchan

BlrBoy is on a distinguished road
Language should be just used for commuication. It should not be a tool for Patriotism, especialy in India, where we have so many language.

Why should a person in South learn Hindi or English, if he is never going to use the language to communicate.

I know Hindi and many of my fellow southies know Hindi. I.e. because they need Hindi to communicate.

I would call it wrong to call a person "Un-Indian" just beacuse he does not know Hindi.
Old June 11th, 2002, 06:38 AM
Senior eCharchan

Diplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond repute
pirablem is that these southies will speak english, but refuse to speak in Hindi.

Why?

Old June 11th, 2002, 06:46 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally posted by Diplomat
pirablem is that these southies will speak english, but refuse to speak in Hindi.

Why?
So be it. If they dont want to speak Hindi, its thier lose. They loose Business with Hindi speaking folks. They miss friendship Hindi Speaking People.
Old June 11th, 2002, 06:49 AM
Senior eCharchan

Diplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by BlrBoy

So be it. If they dont want to speak Hindi, its thier lose. They loose Business with Hindi speaking folks. They miss friendship Hindi Speaking People.
It's not a matter of So be it.
Matter is WHY do they hate Hindi?

Old June 11th, 2002, 07:04 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally posted by Diplomat

It's not a matter of So be it.
Matter is WHY do they hate Hindi?
if someone forces you to eat something that you hate and you know is of no use. Will you not hate it. I think its the same.

I am a Southie. Ravi is a southie, we know hindi. Why because we wanted to communicate with all.

Some mayfind learning Hindi is useless. "So be it"
Old June 11th, 2002, 07:14 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally posted by BlrBoy

if someone forces you to eat something that you hate and you know is of no use. Will you not hate it. I think its the same.
Why HATE?
I can understand if they did not learn 'cause they did not the opportunity to learn.....but Hindi ne aisa kya bigada?