eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old January 27th, 2003, 10:35 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
How many of you play Video Games?

When I was in India, Wolf 3D was a rage. It was the first PC game with 3D graphics and was real fun.

Then ID software released their next best seller - Doom. I was hooked onto that. Then I played Doom 2 which was super.

In those days., my manager at Tata Unisys (later Tata Infotech) was also an enthusiast. After work we used to all sit and play network version of Doom 2.

Then I came here to USA and lost touch with the DOOM series. Tried Quake which was next in series after Doom 2 I think.

WEll, today I see so many game consoles like PlayStation2 etc. SOmehow I have not been hooked onto video games like before. I never bothered buying any game for my PC nor did I spend for any game console.

I dont know why, but my interest has waned. On the other hand, a close friend from India who is here, spends endless hours playing some strategy game where you build a city.. dont know its name.

Do you play video games? Did you play them before and are now off those?
Old January 27th, 2003, 10:37 AM
eCharchan

desinetcharge is infamous around these partsdesinetcharge is infamous around these partsdesinetcharge is infamous around these partsdesinetcharge is infamous around these partsdesinetcharge is infamous around these partsdesinetcharge is infamous around these partsdesinetcharge is infamous around these partsdesinetcharge is infamous around these partsdesinetcharge is infamous around these partsdesinetcharge is infamous around these partsdesinetcharge is infamous around these parts
Re: How many of you play Video Games?

Quote:
Originally posted by echarcha
[
I dont know why, but my interest has waned. On the other hand, a close friend from India who is here, spends endless hours playing some strategy game where you build a city.. dont know its name.

[/b]
Is your freind playing SimCity? I've heard it's a really addictive game. I used to play video soccer and basketball but stopped. I saw Grand Theft Auto 3 at a freinds house and it looks like a great game.
Old January 27th, 2003, 10:46 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: How many of you play Video Games?

Quote:
Originally posted by desinetcharge
Is your freind playing SimCity? I've heard it's a really addictive game. I used to play video soccer and basketball but stopped. I saw Grand Theft Auto 3 at a freinds house and it looks like a great game.
Yes its SimCity now that you have jogged my memory.
Old January 27th, 2003, 10:53 AM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute
Racing Games anytime Bro
NFS, Road Rash, Revolt, Superbike I got all!!!

Got an out n out gaming system to play these buggers!!!

Quake Doom et al i wont like...they are gory
Old January 27th, 2003, 11:09 AM
Banned

desiboy is infamous around these partsdesiboy is infamous around these partsdesiboy is infamous around these partsdesiboy is infamous around these partsdesiboy is infamous around these partsdesiboy is infamous around these partsdesiboy is infamous around these partsdesiboy is infamous around these partsdesiboy is infamous around these partsdesiboy is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by YedaAnna
Racing Games anytime Bro

Got an out n out gaming system to play these buggers!!!

Quake Doom et al i wont like...they are gory
me too yedaanna.. i love racing games and sports...now a days me playing nbalive 2003 and fifa 2003.. man nba rocks in graphic
Old January 27th, 2003, 11:18 AM
Simple Indian Muslim

videsee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nice
Guys, you gotta check the X-box!!

Far superior grafics to Playstation! It is amazing. Am hooked!!!

Mark Twain
Old January 27th, 2003, 11:33 AM
*deleted*

siffar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
When I was in India, Wolf 3D was a rage. It was the first PC game with 3D graphics and was real fun.
Actually its also my first favorite game on PC. BTW it was 2.5D not 3D
playing since i was 10 years old. Now i'm 21 and still love games. and get easily hooked to them. I love Quake Series, Unreal Series, Diablo Series, Duke Series etc.
I was reknowned master @ TEKKEN 3 on PSX [Sony Playstation] till last year. I haven't got much time to play game these days, but somehow i manage to get time for them.

Fifa 98 is still the best game for soccer.
Prince Of Persia 1 & 2 are best Adventure Action games.

Sudden leap in technology has certainly helped in making games close to life, but they haven't increased FUN factor.

See i still love to play Contra, Mario, Super Contra in emulation on my PC due to fun factor, which is almost absent in these games latest version {especially in Mario}

good graphics can only be eyecandy

Gaming Scene is not good here in India. Here PSX officially arrived only last year. Playstation 2 , XBox are restricted to folks who have phoren contacts. Piracy has damaged base of Games in terms of sales, but they have increased their popularity.

Last edited by siffar; January 27th, 2003 at 11:37 AM.
Old January 27th, 2003, 11:59 AM
Spear Barbarian

GunsNRoses has much to be proud ofGunsNRoses has much to be proud ofGunsNRoses has much to be proud ofGunsNRoses has much to be proud ofGunsNRoses has much to be proud ofGunsNRoses has much to be proud ofGunsNRoses has much to be proud ofGunsNRoses has much to be proud ofGunsNRoses has much to be proud of
I usually play role-playing games such as Diablo-II and Dark Age of Camelot, but haven't done any of those in a while. I was really addicted to Dark Age of Camelot for a while and even got my character to be known as a fine weaponscrafter of the realm, before finally giving it up. About 1.5 weeks ago though, I was wandering around in Best Buy (I was really accompanying a friend who was returning something), when it occured to me that I hadn't bought any games/game console in a long time. So, the next thing I knew, I had my hands on a Game Boy Advance and a video game cartridge for it. Since then, I've purchased five more games, a power pack for home, a power pack for the car, a back light, cables to link to a second Game Boy Advance and a carrying case. So far the list of games is
Mario/Yoshi's Island
Zelda/A Link to the Past
Pitfall
Castlevania/Castle of the Moon
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Lord of the Rings

Proud LLKC member since May 2002.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." Lt. Gen. Lewis "Chesty" Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir 1950

Old January 27th, 2003, 12:41 PM
the voice of reason

vakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the rough
i remember wolf very well. doom 2 was my favourite for a year or so until i finished.
today one of the best pc game around in my opinion is grand theft auto 3 and the later version vice city. it is an excellent game.

but i also enjoy the old 2d platform games like mr do. they were really cool. you can still get them on emulators for the pc.
Old January 27th, 2003, 01:14 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute
I was a big gamer . Till I got married

I had the distinction of being the only player in company to finish wolfstein. ( I killed that macjine totting guy ). Played a lot of quake, doom) . One of the goriest I played was Blood.
Then when I was still younger , Finished Zelda. Anyone wants any tips on Zelda call me
Finished Mario.(1 , 2 etc) All the way with shortcuts etc. i was a great buff for strategy games. On PC Games try Heros. Great game. Also Microsdofts age of wars is great !
Saala abhi time nahin milta. But still toady my idea of having fun all nite, is play games all nite long !
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old January 27th, 2003, 01:22 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

One more game I used to like was

Prince 2D.. It was based on the Alibaba story.. think it was from Disney.

Then Alladin was also cool..
Old January 27th, 2003, 01:23 PM
the voice of reason

vakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by dirty
I was a big gamer . Till I got married

I had the distinction of being the only player in company to finish wolfstein. ( I killed that macjine totting guy ). Played a lot of quake, doom) . One of the goriest I played was Blood.
Then when I was still younger , Finished Zelda. Anyone wants any tips on Zelda call me
Finished Mario.(1 , 2 etc) All the way with shortcuts etc. i was a great buff for strategy games. On PC Games try Heros. Great game. Also Microsdofts age of wars is great !
Saala abhi time nahin milta. But still toady my idea of having fun all nite, is play games all nite long !
i agree that marriage and pc gaming do not go very well together. but i still manage to have a wicked time on GTA3.
Old January 27th, 2003, 02:16 PM
Senior eCharchan

Ravi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond repute
I got into gaming just when doom was at top. Then came Duke
Nukem. Fortunately, I was in graphics, and playing game during
office ours was perfectly legal, infact it was more than welcome

Haven't played games in a long time, but want to restart again
with a PS2. I am glad it's price has come down.
Old January 27th, 2003, 02:17 PM
A proud Muslim FULLSTOP!

loverboy260 is infamous around these partsloverboy260 is infamous around these partsloverboy260 is infamous around these partsloverboy260 is infamous around these partsloverboy260 is infamous around these partsloverboy260 is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by videsee
Guys, you gotta check the X-box!!

Far superior grafics to Playstation! It is amazing. Am hooked!!!
x-box = great graphics
ps2 = good graphics BUT thousands of playing games!

personally i like nintendo!

btw: i also like simcity,3000 and now 4 and i have theme hospital.
i also like racing games. i have got SNES which i got from ebay at a really low price plus i have been buying games of ebay and have now 20+ games which i got at bargain prices!
Old January 27th, 2003, 08:16 PM
Senior eCharchan

vyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by YedaAnna
Racing Games anytime Bro

love roadrash but somehow controlling bike in superbike games seems to me pretty difficult ( gaming device:keyboard)

i normally play simulator games n some of the games i play is F-22 ADF, F-15, F-16,F/A-18 Hornet, USNF'97, and SUB coomand

and the only racing games i like is F-1, superboat n roadrash

and i DONT prefer playing footbal, cricket, snooker on comp