eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old December 19th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Corporate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28virgo
Wonder how anybody can find her unattractive? .. she has one of the hottest body in the film industry.. have you seen her "beedi" routine in Omkara?? Did you check her out in the Swimsuit in Dhoom2??...She was at the GIFA awards function recently held in Kuala lumpur and looked smoking hot!!

Ford Supermodel of the world and unattractive?? ...
If you are talking about what's hidden behind clothes and mostly revealed when wearing a swimming suit, then I probably stand corrected... I haven't seen her yet in that form. I based my statement on what I could see of her in this movie... a very plain face that can make some very funny faces at times. Her smirks and stares literally had me laughing out loud, and her eyes seemed to wander all over independant of each other.

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old December 19th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty
To answer your question pointless-but-always-argue pai. Suits are for office - Formals . Saree, salwar is - Casual.
Only people that wear suits and home and never seen in office are those two dudes from TV serial Saloni.
You might be mistaken here. This lady is show in her home in this movie... and nah... no saree or salwar kameez. Only when they throw her into the sasural does she switch her clothes. My pointless point still stands... why?

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old December 19th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less
If you are talking about what's hidden behind clothes and mostly revealed when wearing a swimming suit, then I probably stand corrected... I haven't seen her yet in that form. I based my statement on what I could see of her in this movie... a very plain face that can make some very funny faces at times. Her smirks and stares literally had me laughing out loud, and her eyes seemed to wander all over independant of each other.
No, I am not talking about just her body but I find her very attractive overall.. also I think there is nothing plain about her face.. She has awesome eyes and lips and her dusky complexion is ..

yeh le ek photu dekh..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bips.jpg (47.8 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by 28virgo; December 19th, 2006 at 01:30 PM.
Old December 19th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Senior eCharchan

HarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less
You might be mistaken here. This lady is show in her home in this movie... and nah... no saree or salwar kameez. Only when they throw her into the sasural does she switch her clothes. My pointless point still stands... why?
Why do you want these ladies to go to sasural in a power suit?? why not saree or salwar kameez??
Old December 19th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarHarMahaDev
Why do you want these ladies to go to sasural in a power suit?? why not saree or salwar kameez??
That's not my question. My question is why a sudden change of attire? What exactly are these ladies (or more to the point, the directors) trying to prove?

I do not know whether this is only on reel-life and not in real-life. For my wife it was different... before marriage, being brought up a typical middle-class girl, all she wore was Indian-style dresses. After marriage, now coming into a sane-class, she moved on to western-style outfits... but she does switch back to Indian-style on occasions... especially when family-elders are going to be in that occasion.

So question is, why be so artificial? Why can't our women-folk dress in whatever clothes they are comfortable in? I know, fashion plays big in being uncomfortable... but me thinks, for our ladies there is something more than fashion. And our movie-directors, being silly as they are, play this out drastically in our movies, one scene a bikini and the next, a saree.

Old December 19th, 2017, 07:44 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Caught this in Netflix last week. More to follow comments
Old December 23rd, 2017, 08:05 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Saw this movie this weekend. An engrossing movie... not a single boring scene... which is how I like a movie. Great all round acting, though I wonder how anyone can say that Bips is attractive Looks cross-eyed most of the time. The girl in Raj Babbar's team was definitely more attractive.

Just one question, why are our heroines always shown in modern dresses, power suits et al throughout most of the movie... and the moment they go to their sasurals... sarees, salwar-kameezes? Same thing in this movie too... why
As they say, 'Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder' BTW, i also do not like Bips so much. THough her performance is good in this one. The girl in Raj Babbar's team is Shweta Menon who looks more attrative for me.

Coming to the movie, a pretty decent watch for me (having said that, not sure how many others would like it)

It tries to cover all areas you see in economic times. IPO, Valuation, Disinvestment, FDI, Marketing Strategies, Advertising and what not. It even uses the pesticides controversy.

And then takes a cynical look at everything. Like the politician advising the businessman to change the batch numbers and resell the pesticide laden soft drinks and business rivals being behind swadeshi protests.

I did like Rajat Kapoor Prtraying cold blooded businessman who will stop at nothing for business gains.