eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > View - Counter View

Notices

View - Counter View Topics which have two differing view points

View Poll Results: Do you support decriminalization of gay sex ?
Yes 5 62.50%
No 2 25.00%
Neutral 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 7th, 2018, 06:47 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: India decriminalizes gay sex : too much liberalism ?

गैर का नूनी........ अब गैरकानूनी नहीं है.
Old September 7th, 2018, 07:09 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

But where did you get this idea that SC is giving permission to gay sex, lesbian or otherwise When did SC say that one should go and have gay sex It has only decriminalized gay sex... which means that it is not a crime to have gay sex. Question is, why was it ever a crime? Who ever made that a law? Ambedkar? How did it get into the criminal constitution in the first place

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old September 7th, 2018, 07:14 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Charpai pai, you and I are saying the same thing. Gay sex in private... nobody should have issue. But because it is a crime, the liberals are bringing it onto the street... and this both you and I dislike. Nay, we hate it...

So, here's a perspective to see why SC is right in this decision. Let's talk murder. A murder done in privacy... should that be legal? As long as the murder is not on the street, should it be allowed? Why? Because murder is definitely between at least one non-consenting person. That is the difference. And that is why it should be always a crime. Just as rape. These are crimes. And this is why SC is doing the right thing.

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old September 7th, 2018, 09:06 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Charpai pai, you and I are saying the same thing. Gay sex in private... nobody should have issue. But because it is a crime, the liberals are bringing it onto the street... and this both you and I dislike. Nay, we hate it...

So, here's a perspective to see why SC is right in this decision. Let's talk murder. A murder done in privacy... should that be legal? As long as the murder is not on the street, should it be allowed? Why? Because murder is definitely between at least one non-consenting person. That is the difference. And that is why it should be always a crime. Just as rape. These are crimes. And this is why SC is doing the right thing.
Going by how the gay community behaves and demands in the USA, especially California, and how our Indian gay community emulates everything from USA, the days are not far away when they will ask the Supreme Court to allow marriage between same genders!

This is where I draw the line. Marriage and the official recognition of this relation between a man and woman has been around since time immemorial. It has been the bedrock of humanity and society. I cannot accept that same gender couples be accorded the same status as heterosexual marriage.

Call me backward minded or whatever, but if we let this happen, then its the start of a very perverted trend.

Till now, I was very against all this, but then I said - Yeah let the gays fuck each other, who cares??

But I am sensing that the next step, in a few years, will be that Indian homos will ask for a legal marriage certificate!! It has happened in the USA and our 'copy cats' will want it too!
Old September 8th, 2018, 04:59 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

India ke conservatives Ummrika me progressives ..
Old September 8th, 2018, 05:24 AM
Senior eCharchan

HarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Going by how the gay community behaves and demands in the USA, especially California, and how our Indian gay community emulates everything from USA, the days are not far away when they will ask the Supreme Court to allow marriage between same genders!

This is where I draw the line. Marriage and the official recognition of this relation between a man and woman has been around since time immemorial. It has been the bedrock of humanity and society. I cannot accept that same gender couples be accorded the same status as heterosexual marriage.

Call me backward minded or whatever, but if we let this happen, then its the start of a very perverted trend.

Till now, I was very against all this, but then I said - Yeah let the gays fuck each other, who cares??

But I am sensing that the next step, in a few years, will be that Indian homos will ask for a legal marriage certificate!! It has happened in the USA and our 'copy cats' will want it too!
Iím not a big proponent of gay marriage, but I have to ask this -what is marriage other than a legal document?

Marriage doesnít particularly equate to fidelity or anything anymore. In fact the two gays who desperately want to get married are probably way more eligible for marriage than a couple getting arranged by their parents forcibly.

I believe gayness is natural. I believe they are entitled to the same legal frameworks as the rest. I donít think the world will turn gay because of same sex marriage. Iíll go as far as saying that SEX never causes issues, unless it involves pregnancy or physical/emotional violence.

If a woman experiments with another woman, she wonít automatically turn into a lesbian.
Old September 8th, 2018, 06:55 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: India decriminalizes gay sex : too much liberalism ?

Quote:
Question is, why was it ever a crime? Who ever made that a law? Ambedkar? How did it get into the criminal constitution in the first place

It was a crime under British rule. Section 377 is a part of Indian Penal code. Most famous sections of that code (thanks to Bollywood) are- Section 420 and 302 (there are a couple of movies made with this name)

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

Last edited by sgars; September 8th, 2018 at 11:40 AM. Reason: added 'are -'
Old September 8th, 2018, 10:38 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Same views as Haramaradara pai above. What is marriage but a legal doc and a social acceptance. One of the biggest benefits in marriage are the tax savings. So, why can't gay couples get this savings when their love for each other is far greater than the love between a hetero man and woman

A good solution to everybody, haters and lovers, is to come up with another term for gay marriages. Call it something else and accord it some of the benefits that a normal marriage provides. Call it homorriage... or gayorriage. Society can have the options to accept it or not. Those who want to invite homorragants or gayorragants to their social parties or weddings or whatever, can invite them. Those who do not, can invite them individually. So, here we get society out of the way. Now coming to all other benefits that a regular marriage provides in terms of legal matters, share them with a homorriage or gayorriage. Done... finito. Biwi bhi khush... aur mullah bhi khush. Echraipyari pai bhi khush... aur Harmarkarseva pai bhi khush. Sab khush

Old September 8th, 2018, 10:59 AM
Senior eCharchan

HarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant future

Quote:
Same views as Haramaradara pai above. What is marriage but a legal doc and a social acceptance. One of the biggest benefits in marriage are the tax savings. So, why can't gay couples get this savings when their love for each other is far greater than the love between a hetero man and woman

A good solution to everybody, haters and lovers, is to come up with another term for gay marriages. Call it something else and accord it some of the benefits that a normal marriage provides. Call it homorriage... or gayorriage. Society can have the options to accept it or not. Those who want to invite homorragants or gayorragants to their social parties or weddings or whatever, can invite them. Those who do not, can invite them individually. So, here we get society out of the way. Now coming to all other benefits that a regular marriage provides in terms of legal matters, share them with a homorriage or gayorriage. Done... finito. Biwi bhi khush... aur mullah bhi khush. Echraipyari pai bhi khush... aur Harmarkarseva pai bhi khush. Sab khush
Don't call me 'Khush'!
Old September 8th, 2018, 11:47 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarHarMahaDev View Post
Don't call me 'Khush'!
When love is all around, you khush... me khush. Luv-Khush

Old September 8th, 2018, 01:15 PM
Hyderabad Wala !!!!

BABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond repute

what a man and a man does in bedroom should be of no interest to government, so should be what a man and "n" number of women do in a bedroom. They should also decriminalize polygamy.
An oft quoted Gandhian phrase is that if all were to follow an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, then the world would go blind. The counter to that is that if only some follow this and others don't then it is the non-violent who would go blind while the rogues will rule the world.
Old September 10th, 2018, 01:29 AM
Senior eCharchan

Shringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABU_HYDERABADI View Post
what a man and a man does in bedroom should be of no interest to government, so should be what a man and "n" number of women do in a bedroom. They should also decriminalize polygamy.
I agree! Absolutely!! At least one person in this group sees the point!!!

Some how Hindus believe polygamy bad, never mind it being there in Puranas. You think it is not good - don't do it. But don't stop others from doing it. It is an arrangement between a man and several women. If they are all majors and consensual, why do you want to ban it?
Old September 10th, 2018, 03:11 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shringarey View Post
I agree! Absolutely!! At least one person in this group sees the point!!!

Some how Hindus believe polygamy bad, never mind it being there in Puranas. You think it is not good - don't do it. But don't stop others from doing it. It is an arrangement between a man and several women. If they are all majors and consensual, why do you want to ban it?
What about one woman and multiple men?
Old September 10th, 2018, 05:56 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post

But whats wrong with marriage though ji? I mean, from the ethical standpoint if you are OK with a same sex relationship, then what is the harm in legalisation all the way? By legalising it, I dont see how straight men and women would stop reproducing.
Old September 10th, 2018, 06:17 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarHarMahaDev View Post
What about one woman and multiple men?
There is an example of Draupadi for that, but none else.