eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old December 3rd, 2012, 01:46 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute
Talaash

Movie: Talaash

Cast: Aamir Khan, Rani Mukerji, Kareena Kapoor, Nawazuddin Siddiqui

Direction: Reema Kagti

Rating:

Whoooo.... a street dog ominously howls on a deserted road by the dark sea and you know something ghastly is about to happen right away. A celebrity death follows, even as the opening titles end. Ghastly leads to ghostly soon enough. By the first hour, as the sinister quietly soaks the frames, you are sure there is a ghost lurking amidst the cast.

Like most character cliches in our films, Bollywood ghosts can be good or bad depending on who is playing them. If it is a leading star essaying the role of a ghost, he/she is on the prowl strictly to settle scores baddies and has no negative intention otherwise. Invariably, the starry ghost will have a heart of gold.

If you overlook the fact that the most intriguing character of Talaash suffers that snag, Aamir Khan's new film is one hell of a ride. Suspense thrillers in Bollywood are rare commodity, films within the genre that create scope to delve deep into the minds of its protagonists are even rarer. Talaash creates its chills primarily tapping into the dark side of the mind, which makes it an unusual Bollywood film. Any resemblance to Joseph Payne Brennan and Donald M. Grant's 1979 novella, Act Of Providence, is purely coincidental.

Writer-director Reema Kagti and her script associate Zoya Akhtar have created an enigmatic screen cop for Aamir Khan- in command at work, yet out of control in personal life. Aamir's uniformed avatar, Inspector Surjan Singh Shekhawat, is a bundle of bottled angst. He is summoned to probe the bizarre death of a Bollywood superstar. In the dead of the night, eyewitnesses recall, the superstar skidded off an empty road and swung his car right into the sea. Primary tests reveal no trace of alcohol or drugs in the victim's body and most in the force feel the case cannot be solved.

Kagti adds to the puzzle with each new character that enters the tale, as Shekhawat goes about scouting for clues with his sidekick (Rajkumar Yadav). We get to know his wife Roshni (Rani Mukerji) is still coming to terms with the drowning of their only son. The over-friendly Parsi woman next door (Shernaz Patel) talks of communicating with the dead. Shekhawat meets a sex worker, Rosie (Kareena Kapoor), who could possibly provide some leads. The red-light underbelly where Rosie lives is home to an interesting mix too, chief among them being Tehmur (Nawazuddin Siddiqui), slimeball with a limp who obviously knows more than he pretends to.

The parallel subplots of Shekhawat's trauma as a bereaved father and a cop obsessed about cracking his case set up the backbone of the story. Aamir strikes a balance between the two tracks with trademark subtlety, the way only he can. Kareena Kapoor's Rosie is underplayed till a point. Although she seems ill at ease with the mannerism of a sex worker, Kareena adds the essential glam quotient.

Say, can ghosts smell flowers? One scene in Talaash sure seems to suggest as much.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/t.../1/235443.html
Old December 3rd, 2012, 08:47 PM
Life is BEAUtiful

sunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Talaash

Has anyone seen it? Do not trust any online/TV reviewer.

Old December 3rd, 2012, 09:17 PM
Senior eCharchan

pakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond repute

I have. Go watch it! I enjoyed. Even if you guess the suspense/mystery, its fun to see how things addup in the end.

Paisa vasool movie.

Loud and Proud LLKC member since infinity and beyond

Loud but not so Proud IDLE
Old December 3rd, 2012, 09:53 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykode View Post
Has anyone seen it? Do not trust any online/TV reviewer.
I have seen it too.It is okay types - you won't regret it.
Old December 4th, 2012, 04:02 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
I have seen it too.It is okay types - you won't regret it.
ditto.. totally agree..

I saw it from torrents.. fokat mein.. I wouldn't waste money on it in cinema hall.. i would rate it 2.5/5 .. watchable.. but only once.
Old December 4th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Always on target

jeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond repute

Last scene is complete copy of hollywood movie "what lies beneath"

jeetIAF
Old December 5th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

and dont you fucking tell me again that Rani Mukherji was the killer.

I m sick of reading it again n again ( on fakebook, @Litter ...everywhere )

Last edited by Premi; December 12th, 2012 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Watch the movie first.
Old December 7th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute

lives upto its hype.nice story,well directed.Seeing Amir in most of the frames can give a pain in the ass of your eyes.But a good movie in quite some time now.
Old December 11th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Super eCharchan

sonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakkidost View Post
I have. Go watch it! I enjoyed. Even if you guess the suspense/mystery, its fun to see how things addup in the end.

Paisa vasool movie.
Want to watch it... I like amir , rani and kareena.
Old December 11th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Super eCharchan

sonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond repute

Also want to watch Student of the year , songs toh kafi ache hain.
Old December 11th, 2012, 06:11 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premi View Post
and dont you fucking tell me again that ****************** was the killer.

******************* was nahi, IS the killer

Actually the ghost angle is not too public.

I started watching a movie on YouTube title talaash 2012 DVD rip (DVD should have told me abhi iska DVD nahi nikla hai.) Started watching what turned out to be an old frig of an Akshay Kumar movie....

Last edited by AmthaLal; December 11th, 2012 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Don't spoil it for others.
Old December 11th, 2012, 06:12 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonia View Post
Also want to watch Student of the year , songs toh kafi ache hain.
Let us also talk about all other movies except talaash now.... did you watch jab take hai jaan?
Old December 11th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Super eCharchan

has anyone watched jab tak hai jan ? My cousins liked it and songs ki bhi tareef kar rahe the
Old December 11th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post

Actually the ghost angle is not too public.

I started watching a movie on YouTube title talaash 2012 DVD rip (DVD should have told me abhi iska DVD nahi nikla hai.) Started watching what turned out to be an old frig of an Akshay Kumar movie....
torrent is a friend.

Last edited by Premi; December 12th, 2012 at 09:47 AM.
Old December 11th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Senior eCharchan

motowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premi View Post
and dont you fucking tell me again that ************ was the killer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
*************** was nahi, IS the killer

Actually the ********* angle is not too public.

-ve reps to both of you for the spoiler WTF

Request to mods to edit out the spoiler in the rest of this thread, for the benefit of those who havent read yet.