eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old August 26th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Yeh Dooriyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
Actually it based on the real-life experiences of Deepshikha , who has also directed the movie .

In the end she chooses neither.....

The husband is not worth it anyway , and even a second innings with him might fail.

The boyfriend wants to continue the relationship , but without marriage--thus wants the fun , but without responsibility .

So Deepshikha chooses to lead the life of an independent woman all alone.....
And did you go to the cinema hall to see this movie???
Old August 26th, 2011, 11:19 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
And did you go to the cinema hall to see this movie???
yeah.....

of course , i did not know anything about the movie . it just was at the right time when i arrived at the multiplex with a friend--so we saw it .

i came to know about its ' autobiographical ' nature only when i read other reviews of the movie on the net--that too only after i had already seen it and written its review .
Old August 27th, 2011, 01:29 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yeah.....

of course , i did not know anything about the movie . it just was at the right time when i arrived at the multiplex with a friend--so we saw it .

i came to know about its ' autobiographical ' nature only when i read other reviews of the movie on the net--that too only after i had already seen it and written its review .
With a name like 'Yeh Doorian' did you imagine it to be a serious movie or a phataak hit hot khatta meetha type?
Old August 27th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Actually it based on the real-life experiences of Deepshikha , who has also directed the movie .

In the end she chooses neither.....

The husband is not worth it anyway , and even a second innings with him might fail.

The boyfriend wants to continue the relationship , but without marriage--thus wants the fun , but without responsibility .

So Deepshikha chooses to lead the life of an independent woman all alone.....
I am surprised as to why you would say that ending is disappointing... an unworthy ex-husband and a loser boyfriend... what other choice did she have

When you said disappointing ending I thought like in a typical hindi movie she would go back to being sati-savitri and to her husband. That would have disappointed me but the ending you mentioned seems to be perfect... where she would rather keep her independance than suffer the insufferables. Though not my type of movie... kudos for the woman

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old August 27th, 2011, 08:22 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
I am surprised as to why you would say that ending is disappointing... an unworthy ex-husband and a loser boyfriend... what other choice did she have

When you said disappointing ending I thought like in a typical hindi movie she would go back to being sati-savitri and to her husband. That would have disappointed me but the ending you mentioned seems to be perfect... where she would rather keep her independance than suffer the insufferables. Though not my type of movie... kudos for the woman
in real life i would say the ending is correct .

but for a movie the ending is disappointing . the reason is that it comes abruptly .

in most movies you have a sense that the ending is coming .

here the movie suddenly ends , and you are left saying--what !! it ended already !!
Old August 27th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
in real life i would say the ending is correct .

but for a movie the ending is disappointing . the reason is that it comes abruptly .

in most movies you have a sense that the ending is coming .

here the movie suddenly ends , and you are left saying--what !! it ended already !!
In all reality, it must be like Deepshikha forgot or could no longer imagine how to carry on and end the film.

I am still surprised that how come people went to see a film with such a title 'Yeh Dooriyan' I mean unless one is desperate or hell bent on seeing a movie because you want to see a movie at that time, how could someone even dare to step in a cinema hall for this?? If someone saw this online or on DVD at home, one can sort of say 'okay some timepass at home', but in movie plex?

I am not berating you but wondering what made the audience who was in that cinema hall come watch this film
Old August 27th, 2011, 11:11 PM
senior echarchan

Quote:
I am not berating you but wondering what made the audience who was in that cinema hall come watch this film
what audience ??

there was almost nobody

we went because the movie suited our time , and other movies at the multiplex had either started too early ( before we came to the multiplex ) or were going to start too late for us--timewise.

however , times of india has printed the review of the movie in its edition yesterday--which shows that the movie is not unimportant .

Last edited by ashdoc; August 27th, 2011 at 11:25 PM.
Old August 28th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In all reality, it must be like Deepshikha forgot or could no longer imagine how to carry on and end the film.

I am still surprised that how come people went to see a film with such a title 'Yeh Dooriyan' I mean unless one is desperate or hell bent on seeing a movie because you want to see a movie at that time, how could someone even dare to step in a cinema hall for this?? If someone saw this online or on DVD at home, one can sort of say 'okay some timepass at home', but in movie plex?

Quote:
what audience ??

there was almost nobody

we went because the movie suited our time , and other movies at the multiplex had either started too early ( before we came to the multiplex ) or were going to start too late for us--timewise.

however , times of india has printed the review of the movie in its edition yesterday--which shows that the movie is not unimportant .
Exactly. Such movies (empty halls) are preferred by people of peace. They put on burkahs and then in the empty theater have the most fun

Now that I said that... I think they wouldn't mind a full theater either

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old August 28th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

This title reminded me of the posters for super B and C grade movies which used to play at Kohinoor Cinema in Dadar and Aurora in King's Circle

I think I mentioned already that there used to be Hindi posters for cheap Hollywood films with titillating titles.

One such movie poster which I cannot forget is the one for 'Concrete Jungle' which was a B grade skin flick about women prisoners. The Hindi title was 'Sone ki Chidiya Masti Ki Pudia'

There used to be some Bollywood originals too like 'Kacchi Kali', 'Kamseen Jawani', 'Uff yeh jawani' and ....
Old August 28th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
This title reminded me of the posters for super B and C grade movies which used to play at Kohinoor Cinema in Dadar and Aurora in King's Circle

I think I mentioned already that there used to be Hindi posters for cheap Hollywood films with titillating titles.

One such movie poster which I cannot forget is the one for 'Concrete Jungle' which was a B grade skin flick about women prisoners. The Hindi title was 'Sone ki Chidiya Masti Ki Pudia'

There used to be some Bollywood originals too like 'Kacchi Kali', 'Kamseen Jawani', 'Uff yeh jawani' and ....
But the problem is... such movies are not useful for the burkah-clad pop. These movies are filled with men... yes, horny men. And going in with a burkah is an open invitation to be gang-raped.

What is looked forward to are movies like 'Ye dooriyan'

Old August 28th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
what audience ??

there was almost nobody

Seedha bol naa kee corner waali seat sirf yehich picchur kee mili thee.

BTW...Deepshikha is hot but as an item, not as a lead actress.
Old August 28th, 2011, 03:10 PM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
what audience ??

there was almost nobody
That is because everybody was out there in maidan supporting Anna Dullhare. You went watching a fucking film when entire India was out there burning candles of hope. I wouldn't be too proud of myself if I were you.

What will you tell grandchildren when the ask you: "Pappy Pappy, tell us story of your struggle against corruption and fight for 2nd freedom from clutches of evil Kaangress"?

... Oh, I was watching a fucking film.

80 year old Anna Hazarpati hasn't eaten for 12 days just so you may live life free of clan and corruption and and you were watching a film!
Old August 29th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal View Post
Seedha bol naa kee corner waali seat sirf yehich picchur kee mili thee.

BTW...Deepshikha is hot but as an item, not as a lead actress.
almost empty theater main corner wali seat..
Old August 29th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute

i am sure u saw the posters of this movie ,which tempted you to watch that shit,but seriously..deepshikha directing a movie...doesnt it shout C GRADE C GRADE??you really watched this scum???????????????????
Old August 29th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

I am sure there were other ways to do timepass but this name is so ... cheesy

Yeh Dooriyan .. .aao na ... mujhe dabaaoo na ....