eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old June 23rd, 2010, 08:49 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: So, what's up?

As you know Toronto is going to host the G20 meet coming weekend. Since days there are so many protests about the cost incurred for security (and other hosting costs). And of course entire work place area is filled with so many police right now that its impossible to commute to work tomorrow and Friday.

Meanwhile, I started wondering, why should there be so many protests for cost? If we have taken the responsibility to host these meetings, isn't the responsibility on us to provide a safe place for the delegation? I don't understand these protesters.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 10:57 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

we just had mild earth quake!
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:11 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
Sure it wasn't all those people protesting and stamping?

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:58 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hey, any damage? Are you okay?
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old June 23rd, 2010, 12:03 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by raniraja View Post
She is ok but the mouse slipped from her hand and now the keyboard is not working
Old June 23rd, 2010, 12:24 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
So far no damage. This is the first time in my life I felt a 5.5 quake tremor and I got scared...We evacuated the building for some time though.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/23...canada/?hpt=T2

Thanks for checking on me.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 12:31 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So far no damage. This is the first time in my life I felt a 5.5 quake tremor and I got scared...We evacuated the building for some time though.

Don't worry... it was just the US winning the soccer game

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old June 23rd, 2010, 12:34 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah. The first time is always scary. You get .. frozen. Me, the first time I experienced an earthquake (4.7 Richter) , I ran to the bathroom; the second time (4.2 Richter) I was sleeping and fell off the bed, then kinda stumbled out to balcony; the third time (6.7) I was on duty and the shop was full, so I just steadied the trembling keyboard, turned off the main switch in a jiffy, and in a sharp commanding tone told all the customers to go downstairs. I was the last to leave. We stayed outdoors for about 3 hours because of continuous aftershocks.

Old June 23rd, 2010, 12:41 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Hope you are okay ........

Quote:
I was on duty and the shop was full, so I just steadied the trembling keyboard, turned off the main switch in a jiffy, and in a sharp commanding tone told all the customers to go downstairs. I was the last to leave. We stayed outdoors for about 3 hours because of continuous aftershocks.
U are a security guard in a mall ?
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 12:42 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post
U are a security guard in a mall ?
I wish it was so !! :wistful: Then I could be the first one to run out (earthquakes not covered in the contract etc.. )

Old June 23rd, 2010, 12:49 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

How much is mild earthquake

Quote:
Quote:

Old June 23rd, 2010, 07:42 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

Just a thought :
the proverb goes "one hand washes the other"
But one leg can't wash the other, can it?

Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:20 PM
Banned

sprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just a thought :
the proverb goes "one hand washes the other"
But one leg can't wash the other, can it?
Its time you bath with a woman and have fun doing same
Old June 26th, 2010, 06:46 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

Oye!! Saw something new today ! I was trying to search "IPL" using echarcha.com ka search, and it kept saying "word too common or too short" or something like that. Then I tried googling for it, and stumbled upon the following pleasant surprise !! Now I know how Premi et al search so fast for repeats etc.

In google search box, you search for "Site:echarcha.com IPL"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clipboard02.jpg (62.8 KB, 24 views)

Old June 26th, 2010, 07:27 AM
Always on target

jeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah. The first time is always scary. You get .. frozen. Me, the first time I experienced an earthquake (4.7 Richter) , I ran to the bathroom; the second time (4.2 Richter) I was sleeping and fell off the bed, then kinda stumbled out to balcony; the third time (6.7) I was on duty and the shop was full, so I just steadied the trembling keyboard, turned off the main switch in a jiffy, and in a sharp commanding tone told all the customers to go downstairs. I was the last to leave. We stayed outdoors for about 3 hours because of continuous aftershocks.
Earthquake,
I was in bhuj in January 2001 celebrating republic day when it struck and bhuj was epicenter of it, my school got severely damaged as all of us were in open ground so there was no casualty, within fortnight we left bhuj and reached belgaum in karnatala
Very often, I visit gujrat, wish to see dwarka once
RR bhai, sorry to confirm you late
That place in meenabakkam still exist.

jeetIAF