eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Bargain Basement

Notices

Bargain Basement All the hot deals on shopping , air tickets and stuff!

Old April 12th, 2017, 05:41 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute
Apple keeps charging me $10 a month

I took their 20 gb plan. I never realised $10 every month is going to them until I changed credit cards. Do you guys pay anything every month?
Old April 12th, 2017, 05:59 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Apple keeps charging me $10 a month

That's your mobile data plan? or just for tabs and ereaders?

I keep track of monthly bills which I have on auto-pay like gym, netflix, internet, auto insurance, etc.
Old April 12th, 2017, 06:25 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
That's your mobile data plan? or just for tabs and ereaders?

I keep track of monthly bills which I have on auto-pay like gym, netflix, internet, auto insurance, etc.
not the data plan. the storage plan...20gb
Old April 12th, 2017, 07:17 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
not the data plan. the storage plan...20gb
Oh okay, I just kept the contacts, apps and some other settings in the free cloud storage of 5 Gigs. I back up my pictures and videos every month or so in 2 laptops and an external hard drive.
Old April 12th, 2017, 07:23 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Oh okay, I just kept the contacts, apps and some other settings in the free cloud storage of 5 Gigs. I back up my pictures and videos every month or so in 2 laptops and an external hard drive.
I am going to start doing this. How did I miss that I was paying for this for more than 15 months !!
Old April 12th, 2017, 07:33 AM

Quote:
I am going to start doing this. How did I miss that I was paying for this for more than 15 months !!
I am thinking of using a paid software (a good one is Quicken) that tracks and categorizes all the transactions on credit cards, and bank transactions .. so helps you budget and possibly identify payments you wish to cut down upon.
Old April 12th, 2017, 07:42 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
I am thinking of using a paid software (a good one is Quicken) that tracks and categorizes all the transactions on credit cards, and bank transactions .. so helps you budget and possibly identify payments you wish to cut down upon.
I have to do something similar. really, its shameful I didnt realise this. Probably because its only$10 a month but its $10 more than I need to spend. I should have caught this...

Have you used any app that sends cash back to your bank account? The way it works is that, you send a picture of your bill (from major stores like Costco, Walmart etc) to this app and it calculates and returns you money. I think you need to reach $20 before they start sending you money.

I havent used it but some of my friends are. I think it price matching to other stores and returning credit or something like that. One of my friends told me she got got $280 back in 6 months which i though was pretty cool.
Old April 12th, 2017, 09:50 AM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I took their 20 gb plan. I never realised $10 every month is going to them until I changed credit cards. Do you guys pay anything every month?
Are you referring to iCloud Storage? $10 for 20 gb appears to be ripoff. Can you share more details?

According to https://www.apple.com/ca/icloud, their plans cost:

50GB - $1.29/month
200GB - $3.99/month
1TB - $12.99/month
2TB - $25.99/month

Is it possible that you're paying for Apple Music? Did you start a free trial but never canceled? https://www.apple.com/ca/apple-music/membership/

Sent from my iPhone.
Old April 12th, 2017, 09:53 AM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Does it have to be paid? Have you looked into mint?

I don't use either, plain spreadsheet seems to be working at this point. I've heard that Quicken may be too bloated for personal use, but it's terrific if you have business transactions to record as well (i.e. bookkeeping).

Sent from my iPhone.
Old April 12th, 2017, 09:56 AM
Temporarily Unbanned

Quote:
I have to do something similar. really, its shameful I didnt realise this. Probably because its only$10 a month but its $10 more than I need to spend. I should have caught this...

Have you used any app that sends cash back to your bank account? The way it works is that, you send a picture of your bill (from major stores like Costco, Walmart etc) to this app and it calculates and returns you money. I think you need to reach $20 before they start sending you money.

I havent used it but some of my friends are. I think it price matching to other stores and returning credit or something like that. One of my friends told me she got got $280 back in 6 months which i though was pretty cool.
Consider using ebates if you are a frequent online shopper.

Sent from my iPhone.
Old April 12th, 2017, 10:08 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charchila View Post
Are you referring to iCloud Storage? $10 for 20 gb appears to be ripoff. Can you share more details?

50GB - $1.29/month
200GB - $3.99/month
1TB - $12.99/month
2TB - $25.99/month

Is it possible that you're paying for Apple Music? Did you start a free trial but never canceled? https://www.apple.com/ca/apple-music/membership/
i will check! thanks for the look up
Old April 12th, 2017, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Does it have to be paid? Have you looked into mint?

I don't use either, plain spreadsheet seems to be working at this point. I've heard that Quicken may be too bloated for personal use, but it's terrific if you have business transactions to record as well (i.e. bookkeeping).
Somebody was telling me to buy Quicken cheapest option for like 50 bucks a year.. I will look into Mint. So far I was keeping a manual check by scanning statements monthly, may be I've been missing some things.
Old April 16th, 2017, 05:01 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

50GB - $1.29/month
200GB - $3.99/month
1TB - $12.99/month
2TB - $25.99/month

May be they are charging more in Kannedda.
Old April 16th, 2017, 06:15 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal View Post
May be they are charging more in Kannedda.
I believe those links are for Kannedda

Sent from my iPhone.
Old April 16th, 2017, 06:17 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
I believe those links are for Kannedda
I did forget to cancel some music thing
I am still figuring it out as to how to stop the subscription. Man they don't make it easy to unsubscribe