eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old February 15th, 2018, 07:13 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Ashdoc's movie review---Aapla manus ( marathi movie )

'Aapla manus' means 'our man' or rather 'our person' in this gender non discriminatory era . It is produced by Bollywood star Ajay Devgan who appears in a very small role in the end . It is his first marathi film as producer . It unfolds as a thriller cum murder mystery but with an interesting angle about the complexities of generation gap between father on one hand and son and daughter in law on the other .

Sumeet Raghavan and Iravati Harshe play a modern couple . But their modern lifestyle has an aberration ; they live with Sumeet's father ( Nana Patekar ) like old style joint families . And the old man worries about the liberties of his daughter in law , just like old fashioned people are wont to do . He dislikes Iravati's coming late from her work and dislikes her having sent his grandson away to boarding school to get educated . He is a grumpy old man who is forever complaining about his daughter in law .

Iravati is hardly a woman who is going to be quietened by this attitude and gives back to her father in law verbally . This leads to a battle of words constantly between the two and caught in between is the son Sumeet . But one day a huge twist to this situation happens ; the father in law is found fallen from their apartment into the ground below .

Into the situation comes police officer Nagargoje , who looks uncannily like a younger and fitter version Iravati's father in law ; indeed he too is played by Nana Patekar . He accuses the couple to have instigated the old man to commit suicide . As the movie progresses the accusations change from suicide to murder charges and the murder charges move from one person to another .

So what game is Nagargoje playing ? What is his personal interest in creating twists and turns that turns the couple's life topsy turvy ? The answers are intriguing . But they are sentimental and emotional too , leaving you with a tear in the eye in the end .

The film is dominated by the formidable screen presence of Nana Patekar , and his sarcastic drawl rings throughout the movie . Without any loud dialogues , his powerful voice and acting create impact in the movie . Sumeet Raghavan and Iravati Harshe act appropriately too . Background music is decent but there are no songs . Photography and colours are okay .

The dialogues of the verbal exchanges between Nana and Iravati have been written by a talented script writer ; every sentence is dripping with sarcastic taunts at each other . Both persons have their good and bad points . But the director does take the old fashioned route ; tilts our sympathy to the old man in the climax . But that is what appeals to our sentiments....Indians are still a traditional people .

The idea of both the police officer and the old person whose case he is investigating being played by the same man does add something else to the movie . Both roles have played with aplomb by Nana Patekar . Without flamboyant drama or sensational background music , the film manages to hold attention due to it's clash of egos and lifestyles .

Verdict---Good .

Three and a half stars out of five .
Old February 15th, 2018, 07:32 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ashdoc's movie review---Aapla manus ( marathi movie )

Old February 15th, 2018, 09:19 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting that the name has been published as aapla manus (nalacha na) rather than aapla manus (banacha na)....

now where have I seen Iravati Harshe before? I seem to remember that beauty spot/dhabba.

Interesting idea for a change different from communal tensions, politics... I tend to end up hating these stories though. These are things without solutions.... makes me wonder where we are going as a society.
Old February 15th, 2018, 09:46 AM
senior echarchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
Interesting that the name has been published as aapla manus (nalacha na) rather than aapla manus (banacha na)....

now where have I seen Iravati Harshe before? I seem to remember that beauty spot/dhabba.

Interesting idea for a change different from communal tensions, politics... I tend to end up hating these stories though. These are things without solutions.... makes me wonder where we are going as a society.
iravate harshe was famous for being in a live in relationship with another marathi actor ( Yatin Karyekar ) way back in the early nineties . she had appeared in the kiron kher show 'purushkshetra' in the nineties where she was talked about her live in relationship , which was a novelty in the nineties .

Last edited by ashdoc; February 15th, 2018 at 09:48 AM.
Old February 16th, 2018, 08:36 AM
be badass

MsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant future

Quote:
Wah, kay catch aahe but not necessary ki Nana cha character Punekar aahe movie madhe. His accent is very different, so prolly has something to do with the rural place he's coming from. Tikdech kay pan Punyaat pan half baked lokkana nalacha na ani banacha na madhla farak/pharak kalat nahi

P.s. Soooo looking forward to this one. If you haven't seen Savarkhed ek gao, yet .. I would definitely recco. Let me know baghun zhala ki
Old February 16th, 2018, 10:00 AM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute

Sumeet Raghavan for some reason does not get the kind of limelight which he so rightly deserves. I hope this movie brings him the accolades.

Did you guys catch the Sur Nava Dhyas Nava episode where they had invited the Apla Manus team? It was amazing to hear Nana Patekar talk about his career and struggle/s.. Just listening to him speaking in Marathi, it feels like you are watching a cinematic performance.. He has a larger than life presence on Camera. I didn't know Nana Patekar could play the table so well and Sumeet's singing was just fabulous!
Old February 16th, 2018, 12:50 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Our man - Apple Manus.
Common man - Mango manus
Old February 19th, 2018, 07:45 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsShaanze View Post
Wah, kay catch aahe but not necessary ki Nana cha character Punekar aahe movie madhe. His accent is very different, so prolly has something to do with the rural place he's coming from. Tikdech kay pan Punyaat pan half baked lokkana nalacha na ani banacha na madhla farak/pharak kalat nahi

P.s. Soooo looking forward to this one. If you haven't seen Savarkhed ek gao, yet .. I would definitely recco. Let me know baghun zhala ki
someday... sure
Old February 19th, 2018, 07:50 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
iravate harshe was famous for being in a live in relationship with another marathi actor ( Yatin Karyekar ) way back in the early nineties . she had appeared in the kiron kher show 'purushkshetra' in the nineties where she was talked about her live in relationship , which was a novelty in the nineties .
Pretty sure thats not what I remember her for.... maybe I will remember sometime.
Old February 19th, 2018, 11:53 AM
be badass

MsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant future

Quote:
Pretty sure thats not what I remember her for.... maybe I will remember sometime.
I remember her for Tanha. You prolly remember her for Shanti Yatin Karyekar was in Shanti as well.
Old February 19th, 2018, 03:10 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She was in Split wide open *ing Rahul Bose amongst others.
Old February 20th, 2018, 06:56 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
She was in Split wide open *ing Rahul Bose amongst others.
I did not watch this movie - dont want to.
Old February 20th, 2018, 09:15 AM
be badass

Quote:
I did not watch this movie - dont want to.
For a sec I thought Napoleon confused Simone Singh with Iravati Harshe. I was thinking of 'A Mouthful of Sky'- oh, boy .. How I Loved watching AMOS. Such good-looking people in the show :dhakdhak:
Old February 20th, 2018, 09:38 AM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute

Sumeet Raghavan's wife (Chinmayee Surve) was in news yesterday.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/62985066.cms

Saw her interview on news as well. She looked shaken up...

Last edited by 28virgo; February 20th, 2018 at 09:45 AM.
Old February 20th, 2018, 09:46 AM
Senior eCharchan