eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Taaza Khabar - Current news

Notices

Taaza Khabar - Current news Discuss the latest news making waves...

Old December 1st, 2006, 06:13 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute
Navjot Sidhu guilty of rage killing

Indian Judiciary System On A Roll: Sanju, Navjot, Shibbu Soren, ..., convicted

here is the link: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/N...how/678579.cms

BTW, why is it that suddenly the Indian Judiciary system become so effective and objective while awarding sentences to convicts ...

Abhi apunka Sanju baba gaya aur ab Navjot Singh Siddu ... aur waha Shibbu Soren ki lag gayi hai ...

I think the courts atleast the High Courts have become more like a state police awarding tickets to anybody who crosses even 1 mile/hr above the limit, while the sessions court is just like the New Orleans Police ... No ticket if you donate to the police fund

Last edited by echarcha; December 2nd, 2006 at 02:22 AM.
Old December 1st, 2006, 06:29 PM
Senior eCharchan

ShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Navjot Sidhu guilty of rage killing

Chak de fatte......Guru ho ja shuru......abhi 10 sala jail walo ko pakayega
Old December 1st, 2006, 06:55 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

One billion cricket crazies ... he is running for some elections and campaiging. Shit and he will win!

He has religion card yet left to play. One played minority. Other plays with tilak. Desichacha where you? Being a Sikh yourself ... what does he has to do to follow the trend of Salmon and Sanju ... to get away with road rage and murder ... I mean beside collecting shoes and chappals at local Gurudwara?

edit: must read carefully ... its rage and not ra@e.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!

Last edited by tantric_yogi; December 1st, 2006 at 11:33 PM.
Old December 2nd, 2006, 02:17 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

landya .. I formatted the headline...

Okay as for topic -

It is good that at least the judicial branch of the government is doing the job which the home ministry should be doing - arresting and getting the right sentence for criminals.

However, one thing to bear in mind is that an over-active judiciary is not necessarily a good thing.
Old December 2nd, 2006, 11:27 AM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha
landya .. I formatted the headline...
Thanks Sunit. I was wondering what should be an "explosive" title for it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha
It is good that at least the judicial branch of the government is doing the job which the home ministry should be doing - arresting and getting the right sentence for criminals.
Yes, it is a new phenomenon for India. But then there may be two scenarios:

(1) may be this is all in the papers for aam-junta to be happy about
(2) all of them are eventually going to get scott-free ... it will be a matter of time ...

Quote:
However, one thing to bear in mind is that an over-active judiciary is not necessarily a good thing.
Again, something *new* for India. Or is it that whenever a new government comes, they want the juduciary system to be overactive against their opposition and by the end of their term, as they have fcuked up so much that they realize that they will loose the elections, the judiciary system also suddenly wanes and becomes plain-old bureacracy ...
Old December 3rd, 2006, 07:33 AM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute

This is just a Kangress antic. The BJP was demanding the resignation of Shibu Soren as he was fould guilty in a murder case. There was pandemonium in the Loksabha because the opposition wanted the central minister Shibu Soren's resignation.

So Sonia maiiyya had to act to silence the BJP led opposition. So she pulled out a case filed against Sidhu a BJP MP way back in 1988.

If the judiciary was so active I think Sanjay Dutt would have been found guilty. But then he was the brother of a Kangress MP and Kangress is the ruling party so how could he be found guilty.
Old December 3rd, 2006, 02:38 PM
Senior eCharchan

desichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi
One billion cricket crazies ... he is running for some elections and campaiging. Shit and he will win!

He has religion card yet left to play. One played minority. Other plays with tilak. Desichacha where you? Being a Sikh yourself ... what does he has to do to follow the trend of Salmon and Sanju ... to get away with road rage and murder ... I mean beside collecting shoes and chappals at local Gurudwara?

edit: must read carefully ... its rage and not ra@e.
abbe hero...I am not a Sikh yaar...just a normal Punjabi...

Checkout where I and Randheer and few others blog - http://www.4octave.com
Old December 3rd, 2006, 10:06 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by desichacha
abbe hero...I am not a Sikh yaar...just a normal Punjabi...
Uou narmel Punjabi ... waat uoy meen narmel? Waat uoy meening to be seying? You seying Sikh pepuls not narmel? I think Sikh pepuls also as narmel as me and uoy and me. We must not be to be discrimnet or reshyal profiling.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old December 3rd, 2006, 11:00 PM
Senior eCharchan

khaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, would like to know how many of you would like to enforce 'Mercy Law' if some fine day, it happens to someone like Big B ? Ok if not murder, may be tax defaulter ... u know - something like a couple of year imprisionment ? Would you like him to get away because he's ur role model ?

Old December 3rd, 2006, 11:04 PM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi
Uou narmel Punjabi ... waat uoy meen narmel? Waat uoy meening to be seying? You seying Sikh pepuls not narmel? I think Sikh pepuls also as narmel as me and uoy and me. We must not be to be discrimnet or reshyal profiling.
Did he say Sikhs are sicks? well! I'm not a sikh but this wont go down well with lovey here. I think he's a sikh. However I bet, Ioata is surely a sikh. look at his posts.
may be napolean pai is a bihari sikh. I don't know why but I'm feeling sikh since this morning.

Old December 4th, 2006, 03:36 AM
Senior eCharchan

desichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant future

Yogi...tu pange liye kar hain...

All I am saying is ...I fight all my life hard to stop this default association like PUnjab means Sikhs...

this is as stupid as saying America..land of whites... .infact worse..

Sikhism is a cult which developed in last 200 years as an another like previous shoots out of Hindusim like Budhism , Jainism etc...and over a period of time is trying to find and establish itself as an independent entity...

PUnjab was always full of Hindus , Muslims before Sikhism was born adn they still florish there..

Checkout where I and Randheer and few others blog - http://www.4octave.com
Old December 4th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Senior eCharchan

Gr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond repute
Star vs Star

Got in my email:

On Tuesday a news swept across all the news channels 'Sanjay Datt relieved by the court'. 'Sirf Munna Not a bhai' '13 saal ka vanvaas khatam' 'alhough found guilty for possession of armory, Sanjay can breath sigh of relief as all the TADA charges against him are withdrawn'
And then many experts like Salman khan saying 'He is a good person. We knew he will come out clean' Mr. Big B 'Datt family and our family have relations for years he's a good kid. He is like elder brother to abhishek'. His sister priya Datt 'we can sleep well tonight...it's a great relief'
In other news, Parliament was mad at Indian team for performing bad; Greg chapel said something .....; Bomb scare in gorakhpoor express; and Shah Rukh Khan replaces Big B in KBC and Sonia asked PM to consider reducing petroleum prices (I wonder who's the PM ...anyways that is not the topic so leave it...) But most of the emphasis was given on Sanjay Datt's "phoenix like" comeback from the ashes of terrorist charges.
Surfing through the channels, one news on BBC startled me, it read, Hisbul Mujahidin's Most wanted terrorist 'Sohel Faisal' killed in anantnag, India. Indian Major leading the operation lost his life in the process. Four others are injured.
It was past midnight, I started visiting the Indian channels, the ones who are 'Sabse TEZ', but Sanjubaba was still ruling. They were telling How Sanjubaba pleaded to the court saying 'I am the sole bread earner for my family' 'I have a daughter who is studying in US who will look after her'. And then they showed how sanjubaba was not wearing his lucky blue shirt while he was hearing the verdict. Also how he went to every temple and prayed for last some months. A suspect in Mumbai bomb blasts, convicted under armory act.....was being made into a hero.
Sure Sanjubaba has a daughter; sure sanjubaba did not do any terrorist thing as in bombing some place or hijacking an airplane etc. Possessing an AK47 is considered too elementary in terrorist community and also one who possesses an AK47 has a right to possess a pistol so that again is not such a big crime; Sure sanjubaba went to all the temples; Sure he did a lot of gandhigiri but then....., people... please read on.......

Major Manish H Pitambare got the information from his sources about the terrorists' whereabouts. Wasting no time he attacked the camp killed the Hisbul mujahidin's suprimo and in the process lost his life..... To the bullets fired from an AK47......

He has a wife and a daughter (just like sanjubaba), age .....18 months.

Major Manish never said 'I have a daughter' ...before he took the decision to attack the terrorist hide out in the darkest of nights? He never thought about having a family and he being the bread earner

No news channel covered this since they were too busy hyping a former drug addict, an actor in real and reel life, a suspect who's linked to bomb blasts which killed hundreds. Their aim was to show how he defied the TADA charges and they were so successful that his conviction in possession of armory had no meaning. They also concluded that his parents in heaven must be happy and proud of him......
Parents of Major Pitambare are still on this earth and they have to live rest of their lives without their beloved son. His daughter won't ever see her papa again.
Definition of a Star has changed Major... it really has. So sanjubaba always has a gun in every one of his movies then in real life if he has an AK47 then what's the big deal we are used to see him with some ammunition without it he's just a 49yr old hero so he did it for us.....so that we feel normal;

Even if one of the bullets from one of such AK47's took a Real Star's life ....... but sir bole toh ..... tension nahi leneka. Aapun ko thoda bura laga. Apun pure din aapke baarein mein socha. Sach bataun kya aapun dukhi matlab ki senty ho gaya isliye ye likha.

Baaki sanjubaba.....bole toh... congrats...aapko salmaan bhai ne kya certificate diya hai ...ekdum raaapchik... kal jab unka case (haan woich hiran ki shikar wala) aaye toh aap bhi aisaich bolna unke baarein mein. Abhi aaj paper mein aaya ki woh parliament mein 'lagey raho munnabhai' dikhane wale ....us din dekhna bhai...... pure parliament mein sab saarein sansad honge. koi walk out nahi karega par bhai uska koi gurantee nahi hai kya pata .....agar hamare sansad indian cricket team ke selection pe lad padein?...... Kya bhaai point hain naa ? AAre haan apun ko yaad aaya ....woh sansad pe hamla karnewala koi afzal tha ....use abhi fasi hui ...ya nahi hui .....jaane do apun ko kya...... kuch log marein ..... sansad ko bachatein hue ...but bhai unki daughters toh india mein hich sikhti hain naa aapke jaise amerika mein nahi toh tension nahi leneka.........

Sorry major, wo kya hai naa logon ko shudh hindi samztich nahi aajkal bole toh logon ka hriday parivartan hone ke liye aisahich likhna padta hai. But major..... ab ye kaise hoga aaapun ko nahi pata log boley saala lagey raho dekhke puri janta ab change hoegi koi rastein mein nahi thukega ..... koi zhut nahi bolega koi kisi ko pareshaan nahi karega desh mein gandhigiri aayegi.... par major apun ko doubt hai..... pata hain kyon ?
..... rang de basanti aayi thi tab bhi log aisehich kuch toh bolein they...

Finally Sir, to my generation there is no greater hero than one who laid his life in the name of this great nation. Hence Sir, I salute you. You are the real Star, Vande mataram.

VANDE MATARAM

Ek he ulloo kafi hai barbade gulistan kee liya,
Anjamye gulistan kya hoga jab har daal pee ulloo bethe hoon
Old December 4th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Star vs Star

Is Sanjay Dutt convicted? What is his sentence?
Old December 6th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Proud LLKC member

Court not intimidated by high & mighty

TOI Link: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...how/726539.cms

NEW DELHI: "Be you ever so high, the law is above you," the Supreme Court had declared way back in 1978 in a case dealing with "criminal politicians".

The conviction of Shibu Soren, the first-ever of a serving Union minister, shows the judiciary's resolve to prove that the top court was not engaging in bombast.

The spate of high-profile convictions, starting with death sentence for the son of a senior cop in the Mattoo murder case and ending with the life sentence for Soren with the conviction of Navjot Singh Sidhu thrown in between, underscores one point — courts, even the lower ones, are not intimidated by the status and reputation of the persons in the dock.

It can have the effect of empowering the common man, whose faith in the effectiveness of institutions to rein in the errant influential has progressively dipped, breeding cynicism and despair.

While underscoring the vulnerability of hitherto mighty politicians, reputed for working their way around the law, the recent punishments have also emphasised both resolve and capability of judiciary to apply the law with complete disregard for the pecking order and CVs.

Coming at a time when executive and legislature were at any rate having to devise ways to deal with a proactive judiciary, the headline-grabbing convictions show that the latter is in no mood to step off the gas.

In the court of popular perception, the politician was never the favourite. But the punishments handed to the powerful and the vicarious glee that it has generated can further stack the odds for judiciary.

The most positive spinoff might well be to goad the reluctant witness to take the stand rather than buckle under pressure in cases involving the rich and poweful and get tagged as "hostile".

Before the current spell of convictions, few would have hoped that a widowed mother, Priyamvada Devi, stood any chance against the resourcefulness of Soren who, besides having a berth in the Union Cabinet, also plays the kingmaker in Jharkhand.

Chamanlal Matoo had also lost hope of bringing Santosh Singh, the tormentor of his daughter Priyadarshini Matoo, to justice.
Old December 6th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Proud LLKC member

Navjot got away with 3 years RI for killing somebody what a mockery of the Indian Judicial System

Here is the link:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/S...how/733636.cms

CHANDIGARH: A day after former Union minister Shibu Soren got life sentence for murder, the gavel fell on another politician. But Navjot Singh Sidhu, the BJP MP, who quit after his road rage killing conviction, got off lightly on Wednesday — with a three-year rigorous jail sentence handed down by the Punjab and Haryana High Court.

The 43-year-old cricket commentator and TV host, who is on bail, will not go to jail immediately. The court suspended the sentence till January 31 to enable him to appeal in the Supreme Court. And, he would still be a star campaigner for BJP for the coming assembly elections.

A smile flickered for a brief moment on the former cricketer’s face as the judges pronounced the sentence for culpable homicide in a courtroom so crowded that a senior advocate collapsed.

The case dates back to December 27, 1988, when on a cold day in Patiala, the hot-headed cricketer bludgeoned one Gurnam Singh in a parking lot. Sidhu was at that time accompanied in his crime by his friend Rupinder Singh Sandhu. The victim died the same day.

Sidhu, who was convicted last week for culpable homicide not amounting to murder — under Section 304(2) of IPC — and gave up his Amritsar Lok Sabha seat, had the sentence handed over by the division bench of Justices Mehtab Singh Gill and Baldev Singh after two hours of arguments.

The bench, which gave the same sentence to Sidhu’s accomplice, directed Sidhu to appear before the chief judicial magistrate, Chandigarh, and execute a bail bond of Rs 1 lakh on December 8. The court ordered him to pay a fine of Rs 90,000 to the widow of the victim and Rs 10,000 to a prosecution witness, Jaswinder Singh, the victim’s uncle who rushed him to hospital.