eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old March 23rd, 2012, 09:58 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Ashdoc's movie review---Agent Vinod

When Agent Vinod was a child , he once jumped on to a top of a cable car which was swinging due to a broken rope and held and tied the rope back to the cable---all the time swinging from the cable at a height of 2000 feet.

Bingo !!! He decides that his job is to save other's lives all his life ; all the time doing death defying stunts regardless of the dangers involved .

So he becomes Agent Vinod , the desi wannabe James Bond .

But being a desi , he's only a one woman man---and the woman he falls in love with is the beautiful Kareena Kapoor , a Pakistani ISI agent .

But where do the two meet ?? Its on a mission to prevent a nuclear blast in India---a nuclear blast which will trigger a nuclear war between the two neighbours .

Typically , the head honcho of the conspiracy to trigger the bomb is an Indian and not a Pakistani---further evidence of the puki-appeasing mindset that bollywood has acquired in recent times.....

But to prevent the conspiracy from reaching fruition Agent Vinod and his lovely loveress have to move heaven and hell moving from country to country---from Morrocco to Latvia to India to Pakistan and other countries whose names I forgot.....

......And all the time the action moves at superbreakneck speed---the fights seem to occur at the velocity of light almost.....

But all this does not make the movie a great one---in fact the director tries too hard to pack maximum action at maximum speed into the movie and ultimately does not really succeed.....

One good thing about the movie is the sight of Kareena's mouthwateringly ample cleavage---a bosom that one gets to see inspite of her attempts to cover it with her hair.....
Thats about the only thing that I really liked about the movie....

Verdict---at least I didn't like it.....
Old March 23rd, 2012, 10:15 AM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ashdoc's movie review---Agent Vinod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
When Agent Vinod was a child , he once jumped on to a top of a cable car which was swinging due to a broken rope and held and tied the rope back to the cable---all the time swinging from the cable at a height of 2000 feet.

Bingo !!! He decides that his job is to save other's lives all his life ; all the time doing death defying stunts regardless of the dangers involved .

So he becomes Agent Vinod , the desi wannabe James Bond .

But being a desi , he's only a one woman man---and the woman he falls in love with is the beautiful Kareena Kapoor , a Pakistani ISI agent .

But where do the two meet ?? Its on a mission to prevent a nuclear blast in India---a nuclear blast which will trigger a nuclear war between the two neighbours .

Typically , the head honcho of the conspiracy to trigger the bomb is an Indian and not a Pakistani---further evidence of the puki-appeasing mindset that bollywood has acquired in recent times.....

But to prevent the conspiracy from reaching fruition Agent Vinod and his lovely loveress have to move heaven and hell moving from country to country---from Morrocco to Latvia to India to Pakistan and other countries whose names I forgot.....

......And all the time the action moves at superbreakneck speed---the fights seem to occur at the velocity of light almost.....

But all this does not make the movie a great one---in fact the director tries too hard to pack maximum action at maximum speed into the movie and ultimately does not really succeed.....

One good thing about the movie is the sight of Kareena's mouthwateringly ample cleavage---a bosom that one gets to see inspite of her attempts to cover it with her hair.....
Thats about the only thing that I really liked about the movie....

Verdict---at least I didn't like it.....

kuchh maal waal dala hai kya movie main ya sirf idhar se udhar ghoomna eik contry se doosri country.
Old March 23rd, 2012, 10:21 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premi View Post
kuchh maal waal dala hai kya movie main ya sirf idhar se udhar ghoomna eik contry se doosri country.
maal means ??

there's a lot of action---but at least i found it too fast and didnt particularly enjoy it .

no sex scenes or anything . not really too much exposing of women's bodies either .
Old March 23rd, 2012, 10:30 AM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
maal means ??

there's a lot of action---but at least i found it too fast and didnt particularly enjoy it .

no sex scenes or anything . not really too much exposing of women's bodies either .

I ll watch Tower heist instead.

thansk for saving my 2.5 hours ash
Old March 23rd, 2012, 11:16 AM
Banned

Mallu Rider has a reputation beyond reputeMallu Rider has a reputation beyond reputeMallu Rider has a reputation beyond reputeMallu Rider has a reputation beyond reputeMallu Rider has a reputation beyond reputeMallu Rider has a reputation beyond reputeMallu Rider has a reputation beyond reputeMallu Rider has a reputation beyond reputeMallu Rider has a reputation beyond reputeMallu Rider has a reputation beyond reputeMallu Rider has a reputation beyond repute

I was kind of in awe of your numerous movie reviews. Thats because your review style and I liked it very much. I didn't watch those movies, or rather I am not a movie buff, so anything you write (in that style) was great.

But, for this one, i saw this movie about 7 hours back and then I read your review.

Your review is bullshit.

Also, I saw kahaani today; and I read your review. That too is pavitra tatti (equivalent to holy crap for the US citizens).

[quote=ashdoc;595095]When Agent Vinod was a child , he once jumped on to a top of a cable car which was swinging due to a broken rope and held and tied the rope back to the cable---all the time swinging from the cable at a height of 2000 feet.
/[quote]

Cable story ok, but who told you it was 2000 feet or thats the crux of story?

Last edited by Mallu Rider; March 23rd, 2012 at 11:19 AM.
Old March 23rd, 2012, 11:32 AM
senior echarchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallu Rider View Post

Cable story ok, but who told you it was 2000 feet or thats the crux of story?
i dont remember properly how many feet . i cant be expected to remember every point of the film properly . after all , i saw the film only once , and i go for enjoyment , not to write reviews . the reviews are like byproducts of my movie watching . my main purpose of going to the movie is not to remember every point of the movie for review , but to enjoy it .

tell me why my reviews of both kahani and agent vinod is bullshit .

also tell us what you thought about the film---your thoughts .
Old March 23rd, 2012, 12:27 PM
Banned

Mallu Rider has a reputation beyond reputeMallu Rider has a reputation beyond reputeMallu Rider has a reputation beyond reputeMallu Rider has a reputation beyond reputeMallu Rider has a reputation beyond reputeMallu Rider has a reputation beyond reputeMallu Rider has a reputation beyond reputeMallu Rider has a reputation beyond reputeMallu Rider has a reputation beyond reputeMallu Rider has a reputation beyond reputeMallu Rider has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i dont remember properly how many feet . i cant be expected to remember every point of the film properly . after all , i saw the film only once , and i go for enjoyment , not to write reviews . the reviews are like byproducts of my movie watching . my main purpose of going to the movie is not to remember every point of the movie for review , but to enjoy it .

tell me why my reviews of both kahani and agent vinod is bullshit .

also tell us what you thought about the film---your thoughts .
After receiving criticism, you are hiding behind “I see movie for enjoyment, and review is byproduct”. If its byproduct, then name the thread ‘agent vinod review”. Wtf is “ashdoc’s review”?

I don't see much movies, but if you ask my opinion, I won't disappoint you.

Agent vinod – ashdoc babu, get out of your cocoon. Gone are the ages when as per protocol, president of one state meets only president of another state, PM also, meets only PM (unless its democracy vs non-democracy) and foreign ministers meets only foreign ministers; and businessmen were only part of trade fair delegation.

Now CEO’s of many business houses are more powerful, wealthy and influential than head of states. Haven’t you seen photos of Mukesh ambani sitting and discussing business many state heads or our desi netas opening car door for bill gates or buffet?

Since agent vinod ends with a certain ceo as villain than a terrorist organization, your review (ashdoc’s review) reflect your personal prejudice and ignorance, hence, I said your review is pavitra tatti.

Having said all this, my opinion about agent vinod is same as yours, but for different reason.

Remember, the talk of shorting of shares in the end. If that villain guy had shorted the market and agent vinod had diffused the bomb, the villain is already bankrupt, powerless and dead, which normal dumb viewers won’t understand. For appeasing those dumb viewers, villain is expressly killed by a terrorist.

Understand?

Now kahaani. I leave that other echarchans to judge. Imagine a suspense thriller. Story rounds around 4 characters. All during the movie you contemplate any one of them as khooni, then in the end, director shows a 5th character as khooni and then narrates that guys motive. Kind of making public the chutiya. Remember China something, shahid kapoor – abbas mastan movie. Something like that. In kahaani also, in the end vidya balan takes out her dummy stomach and says I was’t pregnant at all; and shows the middle finger to viewers with her own story. Asdoc’s review found it very interesting.
Old March 23rd, 2012, 12:34 PM
senior echarchan

Quote:
After receiving criticism, you are hiding behind “I see movie for enjoyment, and review is byproduct”. If its byproduct, then name the thread ‘agent vinod review”. Wtf is “ashdoc’s review”?
it was tantuji who suggested that i write with the title---ashdoc's movie reviews . wasnt my idea .

however , on other forums ( not here ) where i copy/paste my reviews , i have consistently maintained these are NOT professional reviews and should be taken as amateur reviews .

rest i will answer in next post .
Old March 23rd, 2012, 12:40 PM
senior echarchan

Quote:

Now kahaani. I leave that other echarchans to judge. Imagine a suspense thriller. Story rounds around 4 characters. All during the movie you contemplate any one of them as khooni, then in the end, director shows a 5th character as khooni and then narrates that guys motive. Kind of making public the chutiya. Remember China something, shahid kapoor – abbas mastan movie. Something like that. In kahaani also, in the end vidya balan takes out her dummy stomach and says I was’t pregnant at all; and shows the middle finger to viewers with her own story. Asdoc’s review found it very interesting.
you are probably the only guy i know who didnt like the film . rest of the world likes the film and what my review says agrees with the majority opinion about the film . so nothing funny about ashdoc liking the film .

in next post i will discuss the main point of your post--your criticism of agent vinod review .
Old March 23rd, 2012, 12:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
it was tantuji who suggested that i write with the title---ashdoc's movie reviews . wasnt my idea .

however , on other forums ( not here ) where i copy/paste my reviews , i have consistently maintained these are NOT professional reviews and should be taken as amateur reviews .

Tantuji also adviced to refrain from bringing in your personal prejudices. So don't blame tantuji just for the title.

Waiting for your next post.
Old March 23rd, 2012, 12:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
you are probably the only guy i know who didnt like the film . rest of the world likes the film and what my review says agrees with the majority opinion about the film . so nothing funny about ashdoc liking the film .

in next post i will discuss the main point of your post--your criticism of agent vinod review .
How you arrive on this 'rest of the world'?
Old March 23rd, 2012, 12:51 PM
senior echarchan

Quote:

Since agent vinod ends with a certain ceo as villain than a terrorist organization, your review (ashdoc’s review) reflect your personal prejudice and ignorance, hence, I said your review is pavitra tatti.
your rant against me is because you didnt like this statement i made isn't it---

Quote:
people of your religion wont like it---thats the long and short of it .
Old March 23rd, 2012, 12:53 PM
senior echarchan

Quote:
Tantuji also adviced to refrain from bringing in your personal prejudices. So don't blame tantuji just for the title.

Waiting for your next post.
look boy , tantuji even changed the old titles of my movies reviews ( where i had titled just using the name of the movie )to ashdoc's movie reviews .

Last edited by ashdoc; March 23rd, 2012 at 01:03 PM.
Old March 23rd, 2012, 12:54 PM
senior echarchan

Quote:
How you arrive on this 'rest of the world'?
all my friends like it . so do my relatives .
Old March 23rd, 2012, 01:15 PM
Banned

Quote:

Quote:
your rant against me is because you didnt like this statement i made isn't it---

people of your religion wont like it---thats the long and short of it .
I rest my case, sir, if this is what your much announced 'next post' is.