eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Indian Politics

Notices

Indian Politics Our national time-pass!

Old June 12th, 2008, 12:23 AM
Bandook Singh

deshpremi has a reputation beyond reputedeshpremi has a reputation beyond reputedeshpremi has a reputation beyond reputedeshpremi has a reputation beyond reputedeshpremi has a reputation beyond reputedeshpremi has a reputation beyond reputedeshpremi has a reputation beyond reputedeshpremi has a reputation beyond reputedeshpremi has a reputation beyond reputedeshpremi has a reputation beyond reputedeshpremi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Shivaji Statue being erected off the Bombay coast

So lets start a campaign to rename our National Capital.

Delhi was a name given to it by the British, so its not acceptable.

Dilli, well that was a name given by the Mughals, so the same logic which is applied to rejecting British coined names, holds true in the case of names given by Mughals too... so Dilli is also scrapped.

Lets move a few centuries back, the available options are the following:

Indraprastha, Lal Kot, Quila Rai Pithora, Siri......

Please decide on a name and I will formally start a web signature campaign and after collecting 20 million signatures, send a petition to Government of India, sorry, I will send it to Bharat Sarkar.
Old June 12th, 2008, 05:31 AM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute

Hehehehe .. same old story .. same old jhagda.

What the big ruckus is about Shivaji statue, I dont get. One thing is true - Shivaji didnt do dick for Bombay - Shivaji wasnt a Bombayite. If they want to put up a statue, put up someone from Bombay. This is once again a case of Maharashtra trying to force Shivaji down Bombay's throat. Anyway, who cares about a statue. We've build statues for thugs like Bal thokre and his bitches. We've built statues for Bhosdekar. Whats one more statue?

Name - who gives a shit either. I still call it Bombay. People understand what I am talking about. I still address my postage letters to Bombay - they still get there. When it was officially Bombay, some people called it Mumbai then. Now its officially Mumbai, some people still call it Bombay. Big deal. In a couple of generations, it will be Mumbai - coz the guys who grew up with Bombay will be dead. So call it what you want - dont judge others by what they want to call it.
Old June 12th, 2008, 09:08 AM
The DeeMan Inside.

DeeMan has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMan has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMan has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMan has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMan has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMan has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMan has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMan has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMan has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMan has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfinger

What the big ruckus is about Shivaji statue, I dont get. One thing is true - Shivaji didnt do dick for Bombay - Shivaji wasnt a Bombayite. If they want to put up a statue, put up someone from Bombay. This is once again a case of Maharashtra trying to force Shivaji down Bombay's throat. Anyway, who cares about a statue. We've build statues for thugs like Bal thokre and his bitches. We've built statues for Bhosdekar. Whats one more statue?

Name - who gives a shit either. I still call it Bombay. People understand what I am talking about. I still address my postage letters to Bombay - they still get there. When it was officially Bombay, some people called it Mumbai then. Now its officially Mumbai, some people still call it Bombay. Big deal. In a couple of generations, it will be Mumbai - coz the guys who grew up with Bombay will be dead. So call it what you want - dont judge others by what they want to call it.
very rightly said...and your signature says it all.....

Quote:
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Old June 12th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfinger

Melly, ab saare ghaati log tereku pitne waale hai.

I agree with you completely.
I call Bombay too.
But I don't send postage letters though since I talk over phone.

Anyway...

Add one more thing,

Don't force others too to call it Mumbai. If you want ppl to call mumbai a mumbai, respect them. Can not force anyone by beating them to respect Shivaji. I do. But in the name of Shivaji, terrorising ppl is wrong.

And Chpai,

About this issue, don't side with ShivSainiks. NCP idiots were also part of this beating of reporter too. So now are you gonna side with them too!
Old June 12th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal
Melly, ab saare ghaati log tereku pitne waale hai.

I agree with you completely.
I call Bombay too.
But I don't send postage letters though since I talk over phone.

Anyway...

Add one more thing,

Don't force others too to call it Mumbai. If you want ppl to call mumbai a mumbai, respect them. Can not force anyone by beating them to respect Shivaji. I do. But in the name of Shivaji, terrorising ppl is wrong.

And Chpai,

About this issue, don't side with ShivSainiks. NCP idiots were also part of this beating of reporter too. So now are you gonna side with them too!
As I said in the last line of one of my posts in this thread. I can only pine for something for Maharaj. I cannot do anything on my own as I am just one man. I repsect my Chattrapati and I love my Mumbai. People dont like it, fine by me. Who am I to force them? In all of my posts the only thing I have expressed is what I think of this issue and what I wish for. I know and I understand that I cannot force others to do what I wish for. If I had that desire and power to do it, then I would be a political leader in Mumbai
Old June 12th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Hyderabad Wala !!!!

BABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond repute

this whole scenario reminds me of one thing paki's did in karachi port, they installed a huge pisser(a fountain that shoots water to around 100 meters or so in the sea shore near karachi).

If anyone wants to check the commercial viability of the Shivaji statue, they should do a case study on that gaint pisser
An oft quoted Gandhian phrase is that if all were to follow an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, then the world would go blind. The counter to that is that if only some follow this and others don't then it is the non-violent who would go blind while the rogues will rule the world.
Old April 13th, 2018, 12:26 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

some TDP supporting casteist gults are crying about hundreds of crores down the drain for this Shivaji statue..
Old April 13th, 2018, 05:07 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

^^
Who says that? Every time I tune into a gult news channel, I only hear special status for AP and Sree Reddy
Old April 13th, 2018, 09:17 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

What is the use of Shivaji memorial anyway ? I am also not a supporter of it .
Old April 14th, 2018, 09:51 PM
Senior eCharchan

Bhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant future

Shivaji reminds us that we can stand upto invaders and take them head-on. Gives self-confidence and belief to Hindus that we are more capable than just letting a roll-over. There couldnt be a better time in Independent India's history for such reinforcements of our own capabilities.

Jai Shivaji Maharaj! Jai Bhavani!
Old April 16th, 2018, 06:52 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

If done properly it can be a source of income for many and a huge landmark like statue of liberty .. most of the forts and places are ruins now. We should try and build our own monuments, and maintain them.
Old April 17th, 2018, 12:56 PM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
If done properly it can be a source of income for many and a huge landmark like statue of liberty .. most of the forts and places are ruins now. We should try and build our own monuments, and maintain them.
Ya, I've been thinking the same. It could be a great landmark.