eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Taaza Khabar - Current news

Notices

Taaza Khabar - Current news Discuss the latest news making waves...

Old September 11th, 2001, 01:40 PM
eWoman

Sheena is on a distinguished road
I believe now,Bush is an Unlucky president for USA in all manners
Old September 11th, 2001, 01:49 PM
Senior Echarchan

Super Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of light
I agree, langotji, that this is where international policy comes in play, that prudence is of utmost importance.

BUT, don't you think the public deserved to hear better words than the wimpy phrases he used???

US- the most porwerful country in the world - we would expect stronger words, condemnation from it's president. Agreed you cannot target any nation without proof or not can we pinpoint at the perpetrators right now, because in all reality we do not know who they are. But, can't we at least condemn the heinous act strongly?
------------------------------------------------
A Proud Indian American
Old September 11th, 2001, 01:53 PM
Junior eCharchan

Indian_eastwood is on a distinguished road
Well My GF also lives in NY but i m hoping she is safe cause she doesnt live in that part of NY. Also the brother of my very good friend is in NY but he got a message from him that he is safe

Well all i can now just say that hope people trapped there are rescued and could be saved. This is very big traged for the whole world.
Old September 11th, 2001, 01:55 PM
loin.....loin cloth

laal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to behold
Supari ben aap thoda wait to keejiye....abhi takk proper statement di kahaan hai usne....watch the Karen Hughes briefing....they are still asking when he will brief the nation...mauka to dein pehle use...I am sure he will live up to everyone's expectations.....and more than words I think he will answer back in kind...kisi ka ehsaan naheen rakhte phirangi...
Old September 11th, 2001, 02:02 PM
Senior Echarchan

Super Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of light
Well, I sure hope he does............

I know the defence is his prime agenda, he might stand up to this situation..... BUT his policies do have a lot of flaws too..

Only time will tell.

May everyone, who perished in this horrific event, soul rest in peace.
------------------------------------------------
A Proud Indian American
Old September 11th, 2001, 02:10 PM
eCharchan

Spartan is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Blame it on ......

Was listening on CNN - Sandy Berger says first we have to identify which group has done it and then find out which nation support that Group. and then that Nation is should be targetted for retaliation.

By that standard from India's perspective , It is LET which is doing similar terrorists activities in India and Pakistan gives "moral"support..

With the same standard , Washington believes New delhi shd declare a War against Islamabad????
Old September 11th, 2001, 02:14 PM
eCharchan

Spartan is on a distinguished road
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe now,Bush is an Unlucky president for USA in all manners

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will not hold that guy responsible for anything like this to happen at least.. No fan of his but he is the GUY who will decide the future of America from these cross roads of Chaos....

No offense intended to anyone from me either ....
Old September 11th, 2001, 02:17 PM
Simple Indian Muslim

videsee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nice
Man Called From Plane Before It Crashed in Pennsylvania

Tuesday, September 11, 2001

Email this Article

SHANKSVILLE, Pa. A United Airlines jetliner crashed Tuesday morning in western Pennsylvania, the airline said. Minutes earlier, a man who said he was a passenger on the plane told an emergency dispatcher in a cell phone call: "We are being hijacked, we are being hijacked!"

United said 45 people were aboard Flight 93 from Newark, N.J., to San Francisco. The fate of the passengers was not immediately announced. The Boeing 757 crashed north of Somerset County airport, about 80 miles southeast of Pittsburgh, following terrorism attacks in New York City and in Washington, D.C.

The crash was one of four reported Tuesday by United and American Airlines. Two crashed into the World Trade Center and one hit the Pentagon in Washington.

In Pennsylvania, an emergency dispatcher received a cell phone call at 9:58 a.m. from a man who said he was a passenger locked in a bathroom aboard United Flight 93, said dispatch supervisor Glenn Cramer in neighboring Westmoreland County. The man repeatedly told officials the call was not a hoax.

"We are being hijacked, we are being hijacked!" Cramer quoted the man from a transcript of the call.

The man told dispatchers the plane "was going down. He heard some sort of explosion and saw white smoke coming from the plane and we lost contact with him," Cramer said.

Flight 93 crashed about 10 a.m. about 8 miles east of Jennerstown, according to officials at the scene.

"There's a crater gorged in the earth, the plane is pretty much disintegrated. There's nothing left but scorched trees," said Mark Stahl of Somerset who went to the scene.

He described the area as a former strip mine that is now a grassy field edged by woods. The plane came down near the tree line, he said.

Michael R. Merringer was out on a mountain bike ride with his wife, Amy, about two miles away from the crash site.

"I heard the engine gun two different times and then I heard a loud bang and the windows of the houses all around rattled," Merringer said. "I looked up and I saw the smoke coming up."

The couple rushed home and drove near the scene.

"Everything was on fire and there was trees knocked down and there was a big hole in the ground," he said.

United said Flight 93 left Newark at 8:01 a.m. with 38 passengers, two pilots and five flight attendants.

In Chicago, United CEO James Goodwin said the airline is working with authorities including the FBI. United said it was sending a team to Pennsylvania to assist in the investigation and to provide assistance to family members.

"Today's events are a tragedy and our prayers are with everyone at this time," Goodwin said.

In Pennsylvania's Richland Township, police Chief Jim Mock said air traffic control coordinators reported Tuesday morning that a large aircraft was heading toward John Murtha Johnstown Cambria County Municipal Airport in the township, about 60 miles east of Pittsburgh.

The air traffic controllers said the aircraft would not identify itself, according to Mock, who is also the airport's emergency coordinator. Shortly after talking to the controllers, Mock said, a plane crashed north of the Somerset County airport about 20 miles away.

"It shook the whole station," said Bruce Grine, owner of Grine's Service Center in Shanksville, about 2 miles from the crash. "Everybody ran outside, and by that time the fire whistle was blowing."

Because of the attacks in New York, the Federal Aviation Administration had ordered all departing flights canceled nationwide, and any planes already in the air were to land a the nearest airport. The Pennsylvania crash came after the order was issued.

After the crashes the three passenger terminals at Newark International Airport were evacuated. At 11:30 a.m., several hundred people were still clustered at the Terminal A baggage carousel, while shotgun-toting officers patrolled. Ticket counters were deserted.

At San Francisco International Airport, an evacuation was ordered. Bomb-sniffing dogs patrolled the emptying hallways and a counseling center was set up for relatives of the people aboard Flight 93.

"This is a time for compassion. It's not a time for long sermons," said the Rev. John Delariva, a Catholic priest who is part of the airport's counseling team.

Flight 93 also operated as a code-share flight with Air Canada as Flight AC4085.

Mark Twain
Old September 11th, 2001, 02:38 PM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

bush ki jai ho!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg attachment.jpg (25.5 KB, 95 views)
Old September 11th, 2001, 02:48 PM
Junior eCharchan

BawaNo1 is on a distinguished road
Very poor choice of timing DesiBaba, Very poor !
Old September 11th, 2001, 03:00 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down

Not funny at this time !
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old September 11th, 2001, 03:37 PM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by BawaNo1
Very poor choice of timing DesiBaba, Very poor !
buddy...i agree that many have been killed..

all echarchans and their relatives/friends r safe and sound...i thought i could afford to give vent to the high-pressure situation at this point in time
Old September 11th, 2001, 03:45 PM
Chosen One

Bush to address nation at 8.30 pm ET

Last edited by DesiBaba; September 11th, 2001 at 05:34 PM.
Old September 11th, 2001, 03:58 PM
eWoman

Sheena is on a distinguished road
Building no 7 in NY,next to WTC buildings is collapssed some time before,It was a 47 story building.
Old September 11th, 2001, 03:58 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation CVo-founder of Akamai.com dead

Latest news from Silicon Valley:
Co-founder of Akamai.com dead in one of the planes that crashed