eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old June 16th, 2015, 01:34 PM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute
Left lane is for passing only!

Why is this concept so difficult to understand and more difficult to follow? Why do people go at 40 kmph in a 60 zone?! What the hell is wrong with people?!
You stay in the left lane if you need to make a left turn in the next few minutes or you need to pass a car. It's simple!

If I catch anyone of you guys driving in left lane for any other reason, I will chase you down....and and and nothing. I will just chase you down until you change your lane!

There. I feel better now.
Old June 16th, 2015, 01:46 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Left lane is for passing only!

Hey I always keep left
Old June 16th, 2015, 02:15 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
Hey I always keep left
No wonder you like Gurudas Kamat
Old June 16th, 2015, 02:17 PM
Senior eCharchan

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

TM:

What you are talking about and where you at ?
In India? In USA?
Left lanes ( left most, when driving on LHS traffic roads ? ) and kmph – the words you are talking about !

Again, you use the US words like passing and not overtaking,. !

US got all diff. speeds signs, some are in rare cases 60 MPH and such, with 'strictly to be maintained'
and if you go below that, police can give you ticket. Majorly it’s 55 MPH all over the nation, but I have driven even where they say 60 MPH and must maintain.

In US the left lanes are for fast go-ers, ( on divided highways and multi lanes traffic ) and when you see any fire-ambulance behind, you must get to the right lane no matter what, unless the traffic is crowded.

Last edited by Jagmohan; June 16th, 2015 at 02:21 PM.
Old June 16th, 2015, 02:19 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
No wonder you like Gurudas Kamat
Sgarsji I am in India so keeping to the left is safer when you are texting while driving
Old June 16th, 2015, 02:30 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sgarsji I am in India so keeping to the left is safer when you are texting while driving
i meant, not only do you keep left on road, but also love to be left wing in your beliefs.
Old June 16th, 2015, 02:37 PM
Senior eCharchan

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
Why is this concept so difficult to understand and more difficult to follow? Why do people go at 40 kmph in a 60 zone?! What the hell is wrong with people?!
You stay in the left lane if you need to make a left turn in the next few minutes or you need to pass a car. It's simple!

it depends. On Interstates what you say is correct, and also few exits even come in left ( instead of right ) . In city traffic and crowded area, where in fact the speeds are also around 45-55 mph allowed, it does not much matter on two lanes roads whether you remain in the left most or right most, if driving around 45 mph and road is kinda crowded during office times !

If I catch anyone of you guys driving in left lane for any other reason, I will chase you down....and and and nothing. I will just chase you down until you change your lane!

few trouble makers are every-where, who are called vighna-santoshi !

Old June 16th, 2015, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Not sure how you may like them, but i used to see these videos, laugh and feel better whenever i was stressed out.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE
Old June 19th, 2015, 10:25 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagmohan View Post
TM:

What you are talking about and where you at ?
In India? In USA?
Left lanes ( left most, when driving on LHS traffic roads ? ) and kmph the words you are talking about !

Again, you use the US words like passing and not overtaking,. !

US got all diff. speeds signs, some are in rare cases 60 MPH and such, with 'strictly to be maintained'
and if you go below that, police can give you ticket. Majorly its 55 MPH all over the nation, but I have driven even where they say 60 MPH and must maintain.

In US the left lanes are for fast go-ers, ( on divided highways and multi lanes traffic ) and when you see any fire-ambulance behind, you must get to the right lane no matter what, unless the traffic is crowded.

I live neither in India nor in U.S.! Jeez, as if those are the only two countries that matter :d

Where I am from, we use kmph. Actually, I am not talking about interstates or highways (free-way in your country). I am talking in general. Usually at 6 in the morning, there isn't much traffic. But I see a lot of people casually driving in the left lane doing less than the speed limit. I wonder what compels them to do so. They could very well move over but they don't. Why do they do that?

During rush hour I understand it doesn't matter which lane you are on but even when it matters, they stay on left lane. It drives me crazy!
Even my 3 year old knows that left lane is for passing only!
Old June 19th, 2015, 10:27 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Not sure how you may like them, but i used to see these videos, laugh and feel better whenever i was stressed out.

I AGREE

I AGREE
Love the quote where he says, "when a normal man touches current, he gets a shock; but when current touches me, current gets a shock!"
Old June 19th, 2015, 12:45 PM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I live neither in India nor in U.S.! Jeez, as if those are the only two countries that matter :d

Where I am from, we use kmph. Actually, I am not talking about interstates or highways (free-way in your country). I am talking in general. Usually at 6 in the morning, there isn't much traffic. But I see a lot of people casually driving in the left lane doing less than the speed limit. I wonder what compels them to do so. They could very well move over but they don't. Why do they do that?

During rush hour I understand it doesn't matter which lane you are on but even when it matters, they stay on left lane. It drives me crazy!
Even my 3 year old knows that left lane is for passing only!
Thats when you drive right up their tailpipe and honk the horn and flash your lights. They will move over, trust me. Then as you are passing them, flip them the bird. Will make your day much better!
Old January 10th, 2017, 09:10 AM
Senior eCharchan

Today there was someone (bonus points for guessing right gender AND race) was doing 20 kmph on a 60 zone. smoking a cigarette, casually driving on left lane. I honked, made no difference.
Old January 10th, 2017, 10:01 AM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Today there was someone (bonus points for guessing right gender AND race) was doing 20 kmph on a 60 zone. smoking a cigarette, casually driving on left lane. I honked, made no difference.
Its a known fact,females are worst drivers and yes you are excluded
Old January 10th, 2017, 10:23 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Its a known fact,females are worst drivers and yes you are excluded
You didnt specify the race
Old January 10th, 2017, 10:34 AM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
You didnt specify the race
South Indian ?